May transfer thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tennessee who is lacking a star player, and isn’t necessarily grabbing elite players through recruiting could use Rogers.
Plus their recent coaching additions will help them with recruiting. She lured plenty of elite talent at Louisville.

Reaction Score
Rogers just started following a bunch of Arizona’s staff and players
Arizona is going to be a major question mark next year. Their offense centered through and around McDonald. There’s tons of talent left, but not a “star” (as of yet), so how Barnes integrates the pieces she has will likely tell the story.

Stanford probably owns the P12 next year although I’m not high on their chances to repeat against UConn or South Carolina. Baylor too could be exceptional yet again - Lewis will be an upgrade at the PG start and Smith will be on a mission.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Arizona is going to be a major question mark next year. Their offense centered through and around McDonald. There’s tons of talent left, but not a “star” (as of yet), so how Barnes integrates the pieces she has will likely tell the story.

Stanford probably owns the P12 next year although I’m not high on their chances to repeat against UConn or South Carolina. Baylor too could be exceptional yet again - Lewis will be an upgrade at the PG start and Smith will be on a mission.
Wait what talent? Cat Reese? Maybe; Lauren Ware? Support piece at best, who else is there?

Reaction Score
Wait what talent? Cat Reese? Maybe; Lauren Ware? Support piece at best, who else is there?
Copeland wasn’t a slouch in the SEC at Alabama and Sam Thomas, as mentioned elsewhere here, has legit 3-and-D potential in the W.

I’m not suggesting Arizona has another F4 run ahead by any means. Like I said, they don’t and won’t have a star. But they’ve got enough to hang with the top third of the P12, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Copeland wasn’t a slouch in the SEC at Alabama and Sam Thomas, as mentioned elsewhere here, has legit 3-and-D potential in the W.

I’m not suggesting Arizona has another F4 run ahead by any means. Like I said, they don’t and won’t have a star. But they’ve got enough to hang with the top third of the P12, in my opinion.
I know they lost at least one assistant coach too. However there is an overall culture of winning there so I don’t expect a monster drop off.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
May can't be as eventful as April... can it???

BEY WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU.

You think Jay-Z knows where to get the best souvlaki in the Greensboro area? I DONT THINK SO!

Sadly... my go to spot for all things Mediterranean didn't survive the pandemic. They temporarily closed last april, and announced in October they wouldn't reopen after 28 years in business. Many tears were shed in my household (of one) Ive tried a few places, but no one has Gyros, Souvlaki, and Sharwama like Jack's Corner. :(:(:(

Reaction Score
Sadly... my go to spot for all things Mediterranean didn't survive the pandemic. They temporarily closed last april, and announced in October they wouldn't reopen after 28 years in business. Many tears were shed in my household (of one) Ive tried a few places, but no one has Gyros, Souvlaki, and Sharwama like Jack's Corner. :(:(:(
my condolences on your loss ?

Reaction Score
Gabby Crawford now looking for her fourth school (original LOI with Bama, then went to Ole Miss, and is now in the portal out of Morehead St. And she’s a RS Soph!) - is that a record in such a short time?)

Reaction Score
This may mean nothing, but Oregon just posted it’s 21-22 roster to it’s athletic department website and it includes Angela Dugalic. They must think there is a decent chance she will return.

Reaction Score
This may mean nothing, but Oregon just posted it’s 21-22 roster to it’s athletic department website and it includes Angela Dugalic. They must think there is a decent chance she will return.
That wouldn't surprise me.

Reaction Score
I just finished listening (source) to an interview with Kelly Graves where he talks about the Portal (starts around 7:30) and mentions that they are open to Angela returning.

He said something that I found interesting and didn't know, that a player has 20 days to decide once they enter the Portal.

Edit:
I am sure I heard Kelly say 20 days but when I went back and listened to the podcast again for an exact quote to provide context I only found the following from host James Crepea:

Angela is in the portal, but that maybe an exploration of options more than a total departure just yet, she..the clock is there in that she has 2 weeks to decide from the time she enters but nothing is final yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just finished listening (source) to an interview with Kelly Graves where he talks about the Portal (starts around 7:30) and mentions that they are open to Angela returning.

He said something that I found interesting and didn't know, that a player has 20 days to decide once they enter the Portal.
Is this true? I have not heard this before. And who or how are players held accountable for this?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is this true? I have not heard this before. And who or how are players held accountable for this?
I dont know if that is correct. there are men's players that announced entering the portal in mid-March, unless kids announce strategically and take their time officially entering.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think that means 20 days to decide to remain in portal, or withdraw their name from transfer consideration.

Reaction Score

It was never about the playing time or team dynamics. She was extra cautious about COVID as some are and she had never even ventured across campus at all according to some things Graves had said. So being from Chicago and with limited college experiences it was more of a social issue. Others lived less restricted and would venture out. I would lean on her returning. She has huge upside potential and having a more normal experience will help. College is an adjustment and going across country and adding COVID to it may affect the whole experience.

I believe some Oregon State fans felt they would have never lost Goforth if it had been a normal year but she went home to Arkansas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99