May recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not sure UCONN has show any interest in Canadian prospect Cassandre Prosper but there is plenty of talent here to where UCONN should be. Noticeably thicker frame and what appears to be a more reliable three ball in this video.
A prior BY video she was a skinny slasher to the basket mostly.

BallOutMedia reported a few months ago that UConn was recruiting Prosper. Haven't been able to confirm but there's nothing public about recruitment. Very similar to Aaliyah Edwards.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
She should really come to UConn where WCBB legends are made!!!!
Well perhaps she sees Paige is a social media legend but is still working on the basketball legend part.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey has started following 2024 Kennedy Umeh, a 6-3 or 6-4 forward from Maryland. She's ranked 6th at Blue Star and 15th at ASGR.

Umeh was part of the last cut of four from the U16 American team in 2021.

Reaction Score
The wonderful expression "damning with faint praise" just popped into my head for some reason.......
No I really mean it in a good way! I think her physicality in the clips I’ve seen is reminiscent of Heather I only say “in the best way possible” because I feel as though most people would take it as a slight if I just said it outright.

Reaction Score
Going to be Tough to keep her from staying home with Coach Mulkey on the rise IMO.
She may go to Ole Miss, her dad is pushing her to play for Coach Yo. But that would be a catastrophic loss if she doesn't keep a talent like Williams home.

She is hardcore all over Coach Yo's social media but if she ends up there remains to be seen. I've seen quite a few top prospects all over Coach Yo's stuff but end up choosing other schools.

Reaction Score
Geno basically shoots for the top recruits only right, and if he doesn't get them one year it's a problem. Still, what choice does he have other than this approach? He wants to maintain the level of excellence he has achieved. Some years a recruit might not come in because they look at this team and realize there are no PT slots in the rotation for them any time soon. Most top players want to play starting in the Freshman year. If I were a parent of a top player I would advise them to consider Uconn as a better development opportunity and not think of it as an immediate gratification program. An Ice or Ayanna probably get a lot of PT next year but both will benefit even more from playing in a big time development situation, with top coaches and against top competition. And exposure to a great basketball alumni network. A lot of these kids will go on to coach and even just playing in this environment will prepare them for a career in coaching and mentoring, which is probably their most likely career scenario anyway. With few professional basketball slots even available at significant money other such considerations are even more important.

Reaction Score
I'm reading more and more about schools which have alumni networks offering players and program contacts offering hundreds of thousands of dollars to transfer. That football player from BC for example getting multiple NIL offers to transfer worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. He has a deal already giving him a free BMW to use or something similar. This is a whole new world. Is Uconn competing in that world? It would seem so:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She doesn’t even measure up to Kyla Irwin and y’all remember the PT Kyla saw. Again, hard pass.
I like her and said she’s just what we need because I can tell she’s not letting the opposing post player just do what they want with her. She gonna fight like hell and she has a big body to win those battles. Right now we only have Edwards who can win some of those battles, but even she isn’t big enough for the really big wide body girls. This Treadwell girl won’t just get pushed under the basket like South Carolina did to us all championship game. Look at her build and her fight and determination and tell me she can’t help us.

Reaction Score
I like her and said she’s just what we need because I can tell she’s not letting the opposing post player just do what they want with her. She gonna fight like hell and she has a big body to win those battles. Right now we only have Edwards who can win some of those battles, but even she isn’t big enough for the really big wide body girls. This Treadwell girl won’t just get pushed under the basket like South Carolina did to us all championship game. Look at her build and her fight and determination and tell me she can’t help us.
Nope can’t help us. Level of competition looks weak in the video. I like Koval.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's interesting. But, I would have to believe there's a lot more than what's seen here. I'm going by what I see.
There has to be a lot more. I had a similar reaction when Avery Treadwell was first mention here. She has just completed her junior year & another potential concern are the schools that have offered her so far- which reportedly are George Washington, St. Louis, & La Salle.
She is also from Knoxville with no offer from Lady Vols?

Reaction Score
There has to be a lot more. I had a similar reaction when Avery Treadwell was first mention here. She has just completed her junior year & another potential concern are the schools that have offered her so far- which reportedly are George Washington, St. Louis, & La Salle.
She is also from Knoxville with no offer from Lady Vols?
I think it's partly a gamble evaluating most young talent. You have no idea if they're done growing for starters. In this case, she just appears to be bigger than her peers in physical development not necessarily skill wise. And lord knows, you can't go by all these edited videos that get posted where everyone is shooting better than Steph Curry...lol. Where they make all their FTs, but actually shoot 40%. I have this video of me dunking, a windmill no less...lol. It always impresses. Problem is....the rim is 8 feet. Heck, I may have lowered it to 6!

Reaction Score
Her vertical is like a half inch in this video. Maybe because everyone is noticeably smaller so she doesn't need to jump. SC wouldn't need to push her, just jump over her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom