May recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of these days I going to put together a highlight package of strictly Mikaylah Williams defending.
This will basically catch up the rest of world to where I was almost two years ago now: Her defensive tool kit and sheer athleticism are probably more advanced than her offensive tool kit.

Maxpreps is not available in Europe
Well, at least in France

Reaction Score
I don't like the ex-friend words, Cierra made her choice, I wish her the best, she's no longer a POI, let's move forward.
UNC is still the #23 team and that's a legend noone in BB fans will deny

Reaction Score
One of these days I going to put together a highlight package of strictly Mikaylah Williams defending.
This will basically catch up the rest of world to where I was almost two years ago now: Her defensive tool kit and sheer athleticism are probably more advanced than her offensive tool kit.

Going to be Tough to keep her from staying home with Coach Mulkey on the rise IMO.

Reaction Score
Everyone is after her, would like to know who her favorites were as a child,
as of now the top 4 attracting should be UCONN, South Carolina, Stanford & LSU IMO
for her as for any other players on planet Earth

Reaction Score

didn't she committed (perhaps decommitted for BB)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
didn't she committed (perhaps decommitted for BB)
She did verbally commit for NCAA softball at the tender age of 14. Since then her basketball has blown up immensely. Early on in her recruitment there was the thought that she might want to pursue dual sports in college and that would give schools like Arizona and LSU and advantage. Softball and basketball would be an incredible tough duo to pull off for top WBB programs that are annually making an NCAA runs into April which is well into softball season.
I'm not familiar with the rules for NCAA softball but in terms of basketball such commitments are not binding until she signs a National Letter of Intent (NLI). Mikaylah is not eligible to sign a NLI until 2nd week in November of 2022.

Reaction Score
I know the first Senior Night or the first one time starter was for the soccer's goalkeeper (Jill Gelfenbien)
Has there, else, ever been a dual sport player on the roster ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some stats and honors from last weekend's EYBL circuit.

Names include KK Arnold, Judea Watkins, Sahara Williams, Breya Cunningham, Madison Booker, Devin Coppinger, McKenley Randolph, Blanca Thomas, Chloe Clardy, Kennedy Smith, and Aaliyah Chavez

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like Riley Stack she is amazingly skilled for a post player. She needs some weight training but I think she can help us A LOT!!!!!!
App Smash I Approve GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

I posted this video in April recruiting thread but what the heck it's May.
Note the improvement in the use of the off hand and the attack mode off the bounce.
Stack and Sahara Williams would be great additions to UCONN's 2023 recruiting class IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Riley Stack she is amazingly skilled for a post player. She needs some weight training but I think she can help us A LOT!!!!!!
I love Riley. Her dad was a Gamecock and NBA/Euro player. But she is not a post - at least not yet. Like her dad at her age, she is too thin - although he put on significant weight and muscle in college.

You are right though, she does have excellent skills for a big. Dawn offered her last year, and I think that offer stands. The question is whether she and her dad believe she can have a chance at starting in her 3rd, 4th year in the type of program that perhaps features athleticism over skill. I don't know but they are Gamecocks at heart.

The question is: what team is best for Riley? I will be a fan of hers wherever she chooses.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
App Smash I Approve GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

I posted this video in April recruiting thread but what the heck it's May.
Note the improvement in the use of the off hand and the attack mode off the bounce.
Stack and Sahara Williams would be great additions to UCONN's 2023 recruiting class IMO.

I liked her a lot when you posted this in April and like her more in May. Throw in Sahara and I'm done shopping for 2023.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Stanford's Betts. While also thin, Betts is very wiry and can hold her own down low. Suspect given another year and Riley likely can make the same level of contribution.

Reaction Score
I love Riley. Her dad was a Gamecock and NBA/Euro player. But she is not a post - at least not yet. Like her dad at her age, she is too thin - although he put on significant weight and muscle in college.

You are right though, she does have excellent skills for a big. Dawn offered her last year, and I think that offer stands. The question is whether she and her dad believe she can have a chance at starting in her 3rd, 4th year in the type of program that perhaps features athleticism over skill. I don't know but they are Gamecocks at heart.

The question is: what team is best for Riley? I will be a fan of hers wherever she chooses.
Hey Visiting.......South Carolina is already "stacked" up front.................time to let that little New England school get a big for a change .........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Post, 4 or 3 I want her she can shoot and drive with either hand can you imagine her at the elbow in our offense. She passes well Geno go get her

Reaction Score
I was curious about how Riley Stack would look against another Big. She plays at a relatively small school and doesn't face many. I dug up some highlights of a game from last year against Greenville High School (my alma mater BTW). GHS has a 2023 prospect, J'Adore Young - 6-3/4 center. Prep Girls ranks her the #27 prospect. ASGR # 27. Unranked by Hoopgurlz. Well, she is big but looks slow and unathletic compared to Riley.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure UCONN has show any interest in Canadian prospect Cassandre Prosper but there is plenty of talent here to where UCONN should be. Noticeably thicker frame and what appears to be a more reliable three ball in this video.
A prior BY video she was a skinny slasher to the basket mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom