May recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Work your magic and make her become a UConn beast.;)
If these players have true and good PR reps, they would have the players take a real good look at UConn and the exposure playing at UConn brings to your brand. Heck three of the biggest names in WNBA history are former huskies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If these players have true and good PR reps, they would have the players take a real good look at UConn and the exposure playing at UConn brings to your brand. Heck three of the biggest names in WNBA history are former huskies.
Speaking of which and not to pick at our scabs but... regarding our former friend C.... She said she grew up rooting for North Carolina which supposedly played a part in her decision to go to school there. Assuming she is 17 or 18 UNC last won a championship in 1994 when when she would have been 1 if that but probably not even born yet. UNC last appearance in the FF was 2007 when she would have been 10-12 ish. UNC has made 1 elite 8 since 2007 -so how does a kid growing up in Pennsylvania get to even follow UNC which was not making noise nationally? Just not adding up for me.

Reaction Score
Speaking of which and not to pick at our scabs but... regarding our former friend C.... She said she grew up rooting for North Carolina which supposedly played a part in her decision to go to school there. Assuming she is 17 or 18 UNC last won a championship in 1994 when when she would have been 1 if that but probably not even born yet. UNC last appearance in the FF was 2007 when she would have been 10-12 ish. UNC has made 1 elite 8 since 2007 -so how does a kid growing up in Pennsylvania get to even follow UNC which was not making noise nationally? Just not adding up for me.
I think your math is off a little bit. If she was born in 1994 she’d be ~28 currently. Just further solidifying your point though :)

Reaction Score
Probably most definitely wasnt born 27-28 years ago:confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe C was a fan of the UNC men. Or women's soccer.

Reaction Score
Right!!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I believe her parents have regular vacations in North Carolina....maybe even a second home....and she is quoted somewhere about all the great golf courses there...so for most of her life she may simply enjoy the area.

BTW: some rather large math errors above...though your point about her youth remains....even is understated a bit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe her parents have regular vacations in North Carolina....maybe even a second home....and she is quoted somewhere about all the great golf courses there...so for most of her life she may simply enjoy the area.

BTW: some rather large math errors above...though your point about her youth remains....even is understated a bit.

:eek: What's a decade or so when when you are talking about a teenager?

Reaction Score
1​
Mikaylah Williams
98​
NoneG6-0Parkway H.S. (LA)
2​
Judea Watkins
98​
NoneG6-0Sierra Canyon H.S. (CA)
3​
Ciera Toomey
98​
North CarolinaP6-3Dunmore H.S. (PA)
4​
Breya Cunningham
97​
NoneP6-4La Jolla Country Day School (CA)
5​
Ashlynn Shade
97​
UConnG5-9Noblesville H.S. (IN)
6​
Madison Booker
97​
NoneW6-1Germantown H.S. (MS)
7​
Milaysia Fulwiley
97​
NonePG5-6W. J. Keenan H.S. (SC)
8​
Kamorea Arnold
97​
UConnPG5-6Germantown H.S. (WI)
9​
Taliah Scott
97​
ArkansasG5-9Saint John's Country Day School (FL)
10​
Jadyn Donovan
96​
None
What are our chance with any of the remaining 6 of the top 10 ESPN recruits? Y’all know I’m already seeking therapy because “our friend” betrayed us!

Reaction Score
1​
Mikaylah Williams
98​
2​
Judea Watkins
98​
3​
Ciera Toomey
98​
4​
Breya Cunningham
97​
5​
Ashlynn Shade
97​
6​
Madison Booker
97​
7​
Milaysia Fulwiley
97​
8​
Kamorea Arnold
97​
9​
Taliah Scott
97​
10​
Jadyn Donovan
96​
None
What are our chance with any of the remaining 6 of the top 10 ESPN recruits? Y’all know I’m already seeking therapy because “our friend” betrayed us!
IMO, 1 out of 6 or 16.66%. The one being Booker and she's a long shot. A very long shot.

Reaction Score
1​
Mikaylah Williams
98​
2​
Judea Watkins
98​
3​
Ciera Toomey
98​
4​
Breya Cunningham
97​
5​
Ashlynn Shade
97​
6​
Madison Booker
97​
7​
Milaysia Fulwiley
97​
8​
Kamorea Arnold
97​
9​
Taliah Scott
97​
10​
Jadyn Donovan
96​
None
I think as it currently stands, Mikaylah and Madison might be high priority. I personally don’t see either going anywhere that isn’t the SEC, though.

Reaction Score
I think as it currently stands, Mikaylah and Madison might be high priority. I personally don’t see either going anywhere that isn’t the SEC, though.
Our ex friend muffled it all up!! Dagnabit!

Reaction Score

Kids often root for the schools their parents root for. It could have been any sport. Her family may have UNC ties.

Even Geno once said that UNC's campus does a lot to sell the school. I'm happy that an over-the-hill coach at a prestige school is replaced by a coach that plays a style I like. I'd enjoy watching Tommey kick some Duke and NDame butt.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1​
Mikaylah Williams
98​
2​
Judea Watkins
98​
3​
Ciera Toomey
98​
4​
Breya Cunningham
97​
5​
Ashlynn Shade
97​
6​
Madison Booker
97​
7​
Milaysia Fulwiley
97​
8​
Kamorea Arnold
97​
9​
Taliah Scott
97​
10​
Jadyn Donovan
96​
None
Not very good IMO because Williams, Watkins & Booker are all "lead" guard types that need to be running an offense to be effective. With Arnold committing to UCONN she is going to become lead guard in the mold of Jefferson and Dangerfield while I envision Shade playing off the ball. Cunningham remains a slight possibility but we've had enough warnings that she intends to stay on out west. I've kind been looking beyond the top 10 and still think UCONN can put together an exceptional class outside of it. Riley Stack, Chloe Kitts, Sahara Williams, & Del Rosario would be great domestic UCONN fits. International players I really like Prosper of Canada and Puoch from Australia. Love Jocyte of course just think that is a long shot. I have to admit that I'm not that impressed by some of the "23 post player I hearing UCONN becoming interested in lately such as Avery Treadwell.

Reaction Score
For Jocyte, the most likely is she turns pro in Eutope and declare for the WNBA as soon as possible, think it is when you turn 20.
She would be a fantastic recruit for any college if she chooses the NCAA way, but I doubt it will be her choice.

Reaction Score
Hard to become a rotation player at UCONN when you are not a top 10 player coming out of high school.
But it happened : Kelly Faris, Stef Dolson, Kiah Stokes, Saniya, Azura Stevens & of course international players

Reaction Score
Talk about a BIG GUARD WELL DANG I WANT HER
as every fan in women college BB, she's probably a Boston, Paige, Azzi like player, one who can change a program or add to a winning program - She probably deserved PoY above seniors from what I saw on vids

Reaction Score
Kids often root for the schools their parents root for. It could have been any sport. Her family may have UNC ties.

Even Geno once said that UNC's campus does a lot to sell the school. I'm happy that an over-the-hill coach at a prestige school is replaced by a coach that plays a style I like. I'd enjoy watching Tommey kick some Duke and NDame butt.
I can attest for their campus, having been there on a visit. It’s beautiful.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Talk about a BIG GUARD WELL DANG I WANT HER
One of these days I going to put together a highlight package of strictly Mikaylah Williams defending.
This will basically catch up the rest of world to where I was almost two years ago now: Her defensive tool kit and sheer athleticism are probably more advanced than her offensive tool kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog