May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 62 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wow. That was..something.

I really don't want to hear that there was no room for Arike (or Allisha, or Caitlin, or the other Kelsey) on this team. BULL. Team USA and these politics, man. Diana looked like Team USA's best guard by far--and she's 42. My goodness.

I also don't think that 21 shots by Breanna Stewart was necessary, but here we are.

Politics? Arike isn't a team player and never was. That's why she isn't on the team. But typically for her in a game like this she's plays with a massive chip on her shoulder and hits 8 threes. She's not going to hit 8 threes very often. It's the same with Dallas games. If she hits all those shots they win but frequently she does not. And sometimes she hits a lot of shots and they still don't win. USA basketball will be just fine without her.

WBBTakeover

I'm not cooler than Kate Martin. Who is?
Reaction Score
Politics? Arike isn't a team player and never was. That's why she isn't on the team. But typically for her in a game like this she's plays with a massive chip on her shoulder and hits 8 threes. She's not going to hit 8 threes very often. It's the same with Dallas games. If she hits all those shots they win but frequently she does not. And sometimes she hits a lot of shots and they still don't win. USA basketball will be just fine without her.
There are multiple players currently on Team USA who play similar to Arike. They just got showed up by her on a HUGE stage. This game proved that she could've replaced any one of them.

Team USA will be fine without Arike, but that's not the point. The point is that this nonsense about "culture" and being a "team player" is just that--nonsense. Like I said, you could've put the Team WNBA guards (I mentioned MULTIPLE by name--not just Arike) on the Olympic team and there wouldn't have been a decline in production.

I shudder to think what Chennedy Carter would've done to this team given the way Arike cooked them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom