May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 61 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

Reaction Score
Allisha Gray with a coming out party tonight. Skills Challenge and 3 point shooting competition champion. First to ever pull off the double. Also got to exhibit how much of a lovable sweetheart that she is. :cool:
She should be headed to Paris on that USA 3x3 team to repeat the gold but, oh well. :oops:

Reaction Score
The 3 v 3 challenge was interesting to say the least... without Howard it was tough for that group
Allisha Gray with a coming out party tonight. Skills Challenge and 3 point shooting competition champion. First to ever pull off the double. Also got to exhibit how much of a lovable sweetheart that she is. :cool:
She should be headed to Paris on that USA 3x3 team to repeat the gold but, oh well. :oops:
Agree with you both.

Can someone please explain to me why (other than that she's been on some previous 3x3 teams) how Van Lith is on our USA team? There have to be plenty of others who'd bring more to it than she does. I've never understood the Van Lith allure that so captivates media.

Reaction Score
Agree with you both.

Can someone please explain to me why (other than that she's been on some previous 3x3 teams) how Van Lith is on our USA team? There have to be plenty of others who'd bring more to it than she does. I've never understood the Van Lith allure that so captivates media.
Hailey Van Lith certainly isn’t a bad 3v3 player, she has a lot of experience with team USA (which is why I think she got selected) but there were def some players on the U23 team that impressed me much more, Mikaylah Williams looked pretty good for me.

I’m sure there are other options in the W who could have complimented this particular team better. Maybe it was just a bad game but it was rough for sure…

Reaction Score
Agree with you both.

Just speculating, but maybe 3 on 3 had an earlier roster deadline? So all the WNBA players who felt like they had a shot at the full team passed, and Hailey Van Lith was chosen for experience over those available. Only way it makes anything close to sense for me.

Regardless, Team USA should probably announce the full squad before choosing 3 on 3 from whoever is left. Hold off on submitting officially til the last day for injuries, but let everyone know so the 3 on 3 program and players can have full information. I would have loved to see Boston and CC in 3s after missing out on the full team.

Reaction Score
Agree with you both.

This was discussed in a different thread when the teams were announced. There is a points system used and her totals ranked among the highest this year. Also believe athletes had to participate as part of the FIBA 3X3 circuit as well. Can't recall whether Gray did the last few years.

Reaction Score
Just speculating, but maybe 3 on 3 had an earlier roster deadline? So all the WNBA players who felt like they had a shot at the full team passed, and Hailey Van Lith was chosen for experience over those available. Only way it makes anything close to sense for me.

Regardless, Team USA should probably announce the full squad before choosing 3 on 3 from whoever is left. Hold off on submitting officially til the last day for injuries, but let everyone know so the 3 on 3 program and players can have full information. I would have loved to see Boston and CC in 3s after missing out on the full team.
Hasn't the team been announced for some time? The only change was Hamby for Brink due to the injury.

Reaction Score
$110,000 in 90 minutes.

This was discussed in a different thread when the teams were announced. There is a points system used and her totals ranked among the highest this year. Also believe athletes had to participate as part of the FIBA 3X3 circuit as well. Can't recall whether Gray did the last few years.
Gray was eligible as she participated in the 3x3 tournament at the HOF in Springfield on the 2nd American entry team called “Springfield”. They only won one game while 1st entry USA won it and they’re the team representing inthe Olympics with Hamby moving up from the Springfield team replacing Brink.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The 3 x 3 team that went to Tokyo, in the last Olympics, appears to be much more talented than the current team. Plum, Gray, Dolson, and Young/Samuelson vs Burdick, Van Lithe, Hamby and Howard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom