May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 33 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So far in Indiana's first 15 games KLS has only 3 turnovers and 18 assists. She has been guarding several bigs, when Boston and Smith have been in foul trouble. She sets more screens on the Fever then anyone on the team. They have run so few plays, to her, when she goes around screens. Her 3 pt shooting %, I believe, is near her highest in the W.

Lou is shooting 43.1/45.5/90.9.

She is 4th in 3-point percentage among players with 6+ attempts (Lou is 20-44). KMac leads the league at 49.5%.

Reaction Score
Lou is shooting 43.1/45.5/90.9.

She is 4th in 3-point percentage among players with 6+ attempts (Lou is 20-44). KMac leads the league at 49.5%.
Impressive, MilfordHusky. Pretty much the shooting numbers she had at UConn...

Katie Lou had become a very competent pro after a tough, injury-plagued start, perhaps mostly because of her development as standout in European ball. Having a baby definitely slowed her career, but she seems to have found her niche again. I see her as a coach some time in the fairly near future, but love watching her play as long as she's able.

Reaction Score
Combined, KLS and Lexie Hull would be a perfect 3 and D. Unfortunately, only one of them is good at making 3s, and only one of them is good at playing D.
So spot on!

Reaction Score
Oh sure, once I gave the Storm some credit they started losing again. Too much Copper and Griner today. And Loyd/SDS back to cold shooting, combined 9-30.
I feel the same way. I show the Storm some love and they go out and play mediocre against Phoenix. Hats off to Phoenix especially Copper and Griner. When they are in the zone like yesterday, nobody is beating Phoenix. They just have to get into that zone.

Reaction Score
Indiana about to put away Chicago, will be their 4th win in last 6 games. It's starting to come together for them. Clark looked REALLY good. A very efficient 23 points and nearly a triple double. All this recent talk about the ROY race is silly. It's Clark in a runaway. Whoever at ESPN ranked her 6th among rookies is hopeless.
From the Tweet
On the basketball front.

Aliyah Boston's touches per game:

1st five: 54.6
Next five: 61.4
Last five: 61.8

Post-ups

1st 5: 4.6
Next 5: 3.8
Last 5: 8.2

15-10-3 over her last five.

Just uh .. something worth keeping an eye on.

Reaction Score
From the Tweet
On the basketball front.

Aliyah Boston's touches per game:

1st five: 54.6
Next five: 61.4
Last five: 61.8

Post-ups

1st 5: 4.6
Next 5: 3.8
Last 5: 8.2

15-10-3 over her last five.

Just uh .. something worth keeping an eye on.
The Office Ryan GIF

Duly noted ;)

Reaction Score
I feel the same way. I show the Storm some love and they go out and play mediocre against Phoenix. Hats off to Phoenix especially Copper and Griner. When they are in the zone like yesterday, nobody is beating Phoenix. They just have to get into that zone.
So far that zone appears to be the Footprint arena. It will be interesting to see if they can extend this zone to the road

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Impressive, MilfordHusky. Pretty much the shooting numbers she had at UConn...

Katie Lou had become a very competent pro after a tough, injury-plagued start, perhaps mostly because of her development as standout in European ball. Having a baby definitely slowed her career, but she seems to have found her niche again. I see her as a coach some time in the fairly near future, but love watching her play as long as she's able.

I believe that Lou started for both Seattle and L.A. and played pretty well. Then she missed a year due to pregnancy. She is getting re-acclimated now.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That gives the Wings effectively a three-guard rotation. Hope Lou gets plenty of minutes. Sheldon might really shine, too.
Well, though the first half, Dallas started big, putting Stephanie Soares and Monique Billings up front with Big T and having Sevgi Uzun play PG with Maddy Siegrist at, ostensibly, the off-guard spot. So far, they're hanging in there, down 43-39 at half. Siegrist has played all 20 minutes, has taken a team-12 shots and has 11 points, while Uzun is shooting 5-9 en route to 12 points.

Meanwhile, K-Mac is having another "what we miss (even just a bit)" night: 4-5 overall (3-4 from three) and 2-2 from FT line for 13.
Dorka is 4-4 from the field and 1-1 from the FT line for 9.

Good game so far.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Well, I got sidetracked by that game in Boston, but the Wings -- not surprisingly -- ran out of gas in the second half.
With a team's top three scorers out, one looks for the bright spots (if only for a bit) and these Wings caught my eye:
  • Sevgi Uzun, who finished with 17 and 6 assists;
  • Jacy Sheldon who had 8 points and was directly that nearly frenetic energy of hers; and
  • Lou Lopez Senechal, who got some 14+ minutes of court time and let it rip.

All three of them need to remember Natisha Hiedeman likes to go left (and left) fast and faster next time around. But, hey, good offensive showing. That said, neither Big T or Kalani Brown were prowling the baseline offering support.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, I got sidetracked by that game in Boston, but the Wings -- not surprisingly -- ran out of gas in the second half.
With a team's top three scorers out, one looks for the bright spots (if only for a bit) and these Wings caught my eye:
  • Sevgi Uzun, who finished with 17 and 6 assists;
  • Jacy Sheldon who had 8 points and was directly that nearly frenetic energy of hers; and
  • Lou Lopez Senechal, who got some 14+ minutes of court time and let it rip.

All three of them need to remember Natisha Hiedeman likes to go left (and left) fast and faster next time around. But, hey, good offensive showing. That said, neither Big T or Kalani Brown were prowling the baseline offering support.

Uzun looked like a star last night. I didn't know who she was at the start of the season.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Uzun looked like a star last night. I didn't know who she was at the start of the season.
I picked a damn good time to grab her for my W fantasy bench team this week. She's been in and out of my lineup all summer, because no one else in my league seems to have heard of her, either. Definitely holding onto her at least until Arike is back to 30+ minutes a game.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I picked a damn good time to grab her for my W fantasy bench team this week. She's been in and out of my lineup all summer, because no one else in my league seems to have heard of her, either. Definitely holding onto her at least until Arike is back to 30+ minutes a game.
@MilfordHusky

Yes, I felt like I was scouting a completely different team. The Sabally-Ogunbowale Offensive aspects aside, the rest of the "kids" are hustling, getting their shots up and drives in...and Uzun seems to be the driver. They miss Howard big time on cover defense and getting to critical boards and 50-50's in the paint. Big T and Brown are tall, but a day late and dollar short on so many loose balls and combatted rebounds.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

When Arike plays, Uzun doesn’t get many shots. In fact, no one does.

I was happy to see Lou’s familiar jump shot last night. She was cold from deep, but had her midrange game working. She’s a bucket.

Reaction Score
Except for the final 4 minutes Dallas looked like a real team not a one person show.
And that's why Arike will not be on an Olympic team.
Her hitting those 2 miracle shots in college were the worst thing that could happen to her.
She has never learned its a team game, not a me game.
Her public statement for withdrawing from the player pool, shows her attitude.

Reaction Score
Except for the final 4 minutes Dallas looked like a real team not a one person show.
And that's why Arike will not be on an Olympic team.
Her hitting those 2 miracle shots in college were the worst thing that could happen to her.
She has never learned its a team game, not a me game.
Her public statement for withdrawing from the player pool, shows her attitude.

She withdrew her name from consideration. That's why she isn't an Olympian.

Reaction Score
Good move picking up Uzun. She has a nice game. I love that she is aggressive when looking for her shot.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Brink goes out with a twisted/sprained ankle* at the 4-minute mark of first quarter. She got tangled up with Jones afterwards but she looked like she twisted it before contact. Had to be carried by teammates into the tunnel. Stay tuned.

* Edit: Apparenty a knee injury (I wrote this immediately after seeing the play, so -- on one repay viewing -- it looked like an ankle to me. Regardless of which joint: all the best.)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looked like the knee to me

She slid. I’m concerned about these non-contact injuries. Keep in mind that, if she is out, it affects more than L.A. She’s also on the 3x3 Olympic team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom