Mathis to Rutgers | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Mathis to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we can get our ish together, having a successful Rutgers program in the NE might be a little fun. I hope pike succeeds

I can't even begin to fathom what you are saying here.

Reaction Score
You guys are all parodies of yourselves.

We shouldn't fire Ollie now but his leash is obviously short.

But, in the end, we have a national championship winning coach; get over yourselves! Do you realize how many other schools would kill to be in a situation like this?

Give him this year. If there's no obvious improvement in X's and O's coaching then we can discuss his future employment status

Reaction Score
And to think I got banned from posting in the other Mathis thread because I posted the Fernando video.

We are officially the meltiest fanbase in the country, and the narrative promoted here is more toxic than many think. If parents are such a big factor, what the hell do you think they discern here?

Piekell didn't need to do anything except point them to the Boneyard.
For real?

Reaction Score
You guys are all parodies of yourselves.

We shouldn't fire Ollie now but his leash is obviously short.

But, in the end, we have a national championship winning coach; get over yourselves! Do you realize how many other schools would kill to be in a situation like this?

Give him this year. If there's no obvious improvement in X's and O's coaching then we can discuss his future employment status
How can you admit the leash is short and still complain about us wanting Ollie gone? Yikes

Reaction Score
For the last time, it's not Ollie, or RC, it's the terrible conference we are stuck in. Ollie and Uconn's history are the only reason we are getting decent looks from top 100 recruits. Of course most kids would rather play in the Big 10/P5 for a terrible program than play for a program with a storied history but whose present currently involves playing Tulane, East Carolina, and Directional Florida regularly.

Reaction Score
How can you admit the leash is short and still complain about us wanting Ollie gone? Yikes

Because he can just like you can whine about firing him. Pretty simple. Not sure what's so tough about how obvious it is for him to have a good year on the court while having some of the kids show some growth during the season.

Reaction Score
Because he can just like you can whine about firing him. Pretty simple. Not sure what's so tough about how obvious it is for him to have a good year on the court while having some of the kids show some growth during the season.
Maybe not clicking on a thread dedicated to a recruiting failure is his and probably your best bet then. It's not your first day.

Reaction Score

It's not a black and white issue. I think Ollie is on a short lease but he deserves one more season. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

I not a fired or lifetime job proposition, its in between

Reaction Score
Most recruits commit in the fall.

If at the end of the season, Ollie gets them to the Sweet 16, and they win the AAC, it's not going to matter if they have a poor recruiting class on April 15th.

And your so confident this is going to happen because...?? Like serious where are you people pulling this stuff out from???? AAC champs and a sweet 16 next year?? With this roster??? WTF

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It's not a black and white issue. I think Ollie is on a short lease but he deserves one more season. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

I not a fired or lifetime job proposition, its in between
The leash is just right.

Reaction Score
For the last time, it's not Ollie, or RC, it's the terrible conference we are stuck in. Ollie and Uconn's history are the only reason we are getting decent looks from top 100 recruits. Of course most kids would rather play in the Big 10/P5 for a terrible program than play for a program with a storied history but whose present currently involves playing Tulane, East Carolina, and Directional Florida regularly.
I hate this conference argument as it hasn't hurt Cincy and SMU from being competitive year in and year out. Cincy did just beat us for a recruit. I agree the conference does affect the perception of UCONN somewhat but it is all losing and a coach that seems to becoming more irrelevant by each second.

Reaction Score

It's the league, it's the below standard season last year, it's KO and something about his ills many don't speak about, its geography, it's the parents (no denying that Wilson and Mathis wanted to come play here), it's the fact 2 teams have closed on the parents and KO/ Staff did not and who knows what else. Imagine once in a while if they lost because the other school was just a better fit? Nah can't be....

No doubt there are issues but some of the posts here are a joke. But hey there's entertainment value.

Reaction Score
Funny thing you guys killed me for getting on Chill a few months ago for not being able to land a recruit.

I get its early, but can you have a worst start?

He's been awful in recruiting, awful.

Reaction Score
Funny thing you guys killed me for getting on Chill a few months ago for not being able to land a recruit.

Yeah, chill hasn't paid any dividends yet for sure.

Reaction Score

It's not his fault. Once these recruits find out the truth, they're gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom