Mathis to Rutgers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mathis to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hear the staff is shocked that they lost this guy. They were 100% thinking he was gonna say uconn Monday or Tuesday
If this is true then KO/Chill/Kill trio might as well be the 3 Stooges.

Complete and utter incompetence. A true embarrassment.

If true.

Reaction Score
I hear the staff is shocked that they lost this guy. They were 100% thinking he was gonna say uconn Monday or Tuesday

I have a very hard time believing this. Maybe I don't want to acknowledge the level of incompetency but for now I don't buy it.

Reaction Score
If this is true then KO/Chill/Kill trio might as well be the 3 Stooges.

Complete and utter incompetence. A true embarrassment.

If true.
does it even matter if it's true? they're whiffing regardless. recruiting is sales. you either close or you don't.

Reaction Score
I have a very hard time believing this. Maybe I don't want to acknowledge the level of incompetency but for now I don't buy it.

Hope you are correct.

Reaction Score
Back and forth. Yes or no. Should I or shouldn't I. Teens these days - more indecisive than my 1 year old niece trying to figure out which toy to play with. I bet we see him re-open his recruitment before he steps foot on any campus.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
IMG_2680.JPG

Reaction Score
The fact that it was a struggle deciding between UCONN and Rutgers tells me that he would have (at best) been 7 toes in at UCONN. He would have never bled blue or willed his team to a deep post-season run. Time to move on.

Reaction Score
Miller got fired for some clown who couldn't land someone he's been recruiting since the 6th grade over Rutgers.

Remember when I said people were way off with their rejoicing over Miller getting fired. Killings hasn't done anything and Chillious is now
0-4 for recruits losing now to Rutgers.

PS: I want a return of Glenn Miller after this season on the staff and Killings gone.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yup.....they can not read a room
I certainly hope some type of financial incentive isn't showing up to flip these kids. Every last one of these kids seem to be making an odd choice at the very end. St. Johns, LSU, Rutgirls, Texas Tech? I feel like a Umass fan.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Remember when I said people were way off with their rejoicing over Miller getting fired. Killings hasn't done anything and Chillious is now

PS: I want a return of Glenn Miller after this season on the staff and Killings gone.

Killings has been lead on more people who actually committed this past year than any other member of the staff.

Are you trolling us by making stuff up, or are you just that dumb?

Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse, but RU hasn't played in the NCAA tourney since 1991, hasn't won a game in the tourney since 1983 and has either 0 or 1 player in the NBA (did Dahntay Jones retire?).

I've been an Ollie apologista but no more - he's gotta go. There are too many data points to ignore in the form of players choosing / leaving Uconn for terrible basketball schools. Something reeks and the entire youth basketball community knows it. There's no climbing out of this without a leadership change.

Reaction Score
The RU talk was all around the last few days. I tried to give you guys the heads up

Stop the nonsense. @upstater and myself said it the whole time that he was going to Rutgers even with all the crystal balls earlier in the week. His interviews and his talking about how his family loves Rutgers and Pikiell as a head coach told you all you needed to know about where he was headed. The fact that our ace recruiter has been recruiting the guy since 6th grade and lost out to Rutgers is a huge problem. If you can't get a guy like Mathis, how can you expect to get Carey or Mucius.

Our program is in serious serious trouble.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Seeming trend.

Recruiting a Sub-30 recruit:
Recruiting opponent in P5: "we will give you everything you want, you name it you got it."

Ollie in B5: "I can't make any promises to you. We want 10 toes in and if you hustle and play defense in practice you may get play time."

Recruit's decision: "I just want to play, and in the P5 as an added bonus." NOT UConn.

Recruiting a 5* one-and-done level recruit:
Recruiting opponent in P5: "we will give you everything you want, you name it you got it."

Ollie in B5: "I can't make any promises to you. We want 10 toes in and if you hustle and play defense in practice you may get play time."

Recruit's decision: "Uhhh, not too familiar with a 'Yukon'. I need to get drafted. Look at Calipari and Drake at the NBA draft! Something something P5."

Wrong approach on both fronts. Top level kids aren't receptive to what Ollie is selling as well as his lack of proven results pedigree to risk $$$ on a one year dice roll. Meanwhile lower level kids aren't gonna buy the hard work, grit and bring mantra for a G5 that can't seem to string together five consecutive wins.

Reaction Score
Any chance that our staff talks to players more than parents? Seems like with Wilson and Mathis the parents really wanted the other schools but the players may have wanted UConn

C

Chief00

Miller was striking out and some of the lack of player development was on him. But agree - this is a really bad slump and perhaps worse than that.

Reaction Score
Is there a precedent for a National Championship winning coach crashing and burning so quickly afterwards? It's honestly amazing.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The fact that it was a struggle deciding between UCONN and Rutgers tells me that he would have (at best) been 7 toes in at UCONN. He would have never bled blue or willed his team to a deep post-season run. Time to move on.
If this logic I see repeatedly here was real we will never get another recruit again. The media and public sentiment have been pounding on it for years now, these kids know now in 2017 that the schools need them more than they need the schools. The position of leverage has shifted. Kids aren't graduating high school 100% passionate and dead locked to play for their childhood dream team. If that's what you want it's going to be a barren roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom