Mathis to Rutgers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mathis to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Offered the world? You make it sound like a game show or an auction. Most likely they outrecruited us, the family wanted him there and they had more playing time to offer in a better conference. Maybe that is what you meant. Not trying to be snarky 99. You do a great job on here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We know he has an amazing recruiting reputation. We have heard that both Mathis and Wilson love him. We don't land the players anyways. Shouldn't the main takeaway be that Kevin is looking at more of an uphill battle than we even thought?

Or to put it differently, would we be in a position for the HC to blow the close if not for Chill?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He was brought in as the lead recruiter. He's 0 for 4 since he got here, all realistic targets.
Not really worried. The reason why we can't recruit right now is because of last season. If we have a good/great season this year things will go back to normal.
I don't really understand the "stink on the program" based on last year. RU doesn't have a program. I don't know what Ollie's alleged sins are, if anyone wants to DM me that would be great. Steve Pikiell is a solid coach who has won nada in his career.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it too late to declare a profanity Friday?

(Just kidding Tom, relax.)

Reaction Score
Boy oh Boy! Can't wait for Uconn Football? I dont want to post emotionally but KO needs to close a decent recruit soon or he will lose fans like myself who want to give him a chance. No recruits and a early season bad loss. Oh well, whose up next!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
there are people on this board who think that we will win just because the jersey says uconn. The 2011 and 2014 runs made a bunch of people immune to reality.
There are people here that think we are destined to win a NC every 5 years now, because UConn. Kind of like the frog in the warming kettle, he doesn't notice the water is boiling until it's too late to get out.

Reaction Score
there are people on this board who think that we will win just because the jersey says uconn. The 2011 and 2014 runs made a bunch of people immune to reality.
So you think Adams, Vital, Gilbert and Larrier are bad players?

Reaction Score
Not really worried. The reason why we can't recruit right now is because of last season. If we have a good/great season this year things will go back to normal.

Most recruits commit in the fall.

If at the end of the season, Ollie gets them to the Sweet 16, and they win the AAC, it's not going to matter if they have a poor recruiting class on April 15th.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
not at all. but that's three guards and a SF.

I'm not even super down on next year. it's everything after that where I am extremely worried.
When April comes around and our recruiting class is nothing is when I'll be pissed. Right now there's bigger fish and more kids out there to get on the team

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
B10 > AAC. Simple as that.

Rutgers set themselves up to win some recruiting battles when their former AD Tim Pernetti got them into the B10. There's no way for us to sugar coat that, hoping recruits we might both be in the market for will give deference to our vastly superior historical pedigree.

These kids are looking for instant exposure and gratification on the biggest possible stage, and they have incredibly short memories thanks to instant social media, among other things. What have you done lately is all that matters to some. Apparently 2014 isn't lately enough for some of them. There are going to be a bunch who think that's only happening for them in a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
When April comes around and our recruiting class is nothing is when I'll be pissed. Right now there's bigger fish and more kids out there to get on the team
I'd agree if this wasn't a trend.

Reaction Score
I think everybody is tired from all of that ten toes in stair walking.

What we need is more nitty gritty, fewer platitudes and witticisms.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'd agree if this wasn't a trend.
He did kill it last year but we had other coaches recruiting our player during the season and parents telling their kids to leave for worse

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I hear the staff is shocked that they lost this guy. They were 100% thinking he was gonna say uconn Monday or Tuesday

Sounds familiar.

This is flipping embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member