Mathis to Rutgers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mathis to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We just need to close at the way through the actual commitment. Parents swayed/made the final decision. If you don’t think he was 95% headed to UConn after all those a twitter follows you’re crazy...absolutely does not happen if he’s not headed here.

Reaction Score
Outworked? Huh? So stupid to even say or suggest.

These borderline top 100 kids are probably the hardest to recruit. They are mostly kids that will never sniff the league, but want to hear the most BS about how they'll get there.

Good luck at Rutty going 2-16 the next 3 years in the B1G.

The word is ru out worked us. Said it a week ago. Their staff was all over him

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I certainly hope some type of financial incentive isn't showing up to flip these kids. Every last one of these kids seem to be making an odd choice at the very end. St. Johns, LSU, Rutgirls, Texas Tech? I feel like a Umass fan.

If you lose four kids to those four schools, the problem isn't them. Its you.

Reaction Score
Outworked? Huh? So stupid to even say or suggest.

These borderline top 100 kids are probably the hardest to recruit. They are mostly kids that will never sniff the league, but want to hear the most BS about how they'll get there.

Good luck at Rutty going 2-16 the next 3 years in the B1G.

Why?

Reaction Score
Killings has been lead on more people who actually committed this past year than any other member of the staff.

Are you trolling us by making stuff up, or are you just that dumb?

You're clueless. Thinking getting Polley and Carlton is some special thing that at a place like UCONN. I've been on the money regarding our problems and issues earlier than anybody. When everybody was rejoicing over Miller, I was the only who said that's not good and very bad for us. Killings is not the solution or the answer to our problems. Since he has gotten here we have just taken a crazy nosedive not that I blame him exclusively for our problems.

Parents don't trust Ollie and our NBA rep and development of players has taken a huge hit since he became head coach, but obviously its hard to develop when you can't get very good players. That's been a huge part of the problem. The players Ollie is getting for the most part is nowhere near the caliber that Calhoun routinely got its not even close.

PS: If the staff is shocked that players keep committing elsewhere and they thought they were for sure committing and they keep getting outworked: that tells you all you need to know.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're clueless. Thinking getting Polley and Carlton is some special thing that at a place like UCONN. I've been on the money regarding our problems and issues earlier than anybody. When everybody was rejoicing over Miller, I was the only who said that's not good and very bad for us. Killings is not the solution or the answer to our problems. Since he has gotten here we have just taken a crazy nosedive not that I blame him exclusively for our problems.

Parents don't trust Ollie and our NBA rep and development of players has taken a huge hit since he became head coach, but obviously its hard to develop when you can't get very good players. That's been a huge part of the problem. The players Ollie is getting for the most part is nowhere near the caliber that Calhoun routinely got its not even close.

PS: If the staff is shocked that players keep committing elsewhere and they thought they were for sure committing and they keep getting outworked: that tells you all you need to know.

Calhoun days are most likely never coming back. You and a bunch of other people are going to be very unhappy for the rest of your lives if that's what you're waiting for.

Reaction Score
Look, something is wrong. Many opinions on what it is. It has to be more than conference. We can't beat our conference mates for recruits. There are many non-P5 schools recruiting better than us.

New staff with recruiting success, Kill and Chill. Get us to the announcement and they choose St John's and Rutgers.

Parents in both situations want their child to go somewhere else. What is an extra couple of hours if you think your kid is in a better situation.

This is where we are. Might be mirror tone for someone.

Reaction Score
B10 > AAC. Simple as that.

Rutgers set themselves up to win some recruiting battles when their former AD Tim Pernetti got them into the B10. There's no way for us to sugar coat that, hoping recruits we might both be in the market for will give deference to our vastly superior historical pedigree.

These kids are looking for instant exposure and gratification on the biggest possible stage, and they have incredibly short memories thanks to instant social media, among other things. What have you done lately is all that matters to some. Apparently 2014 isn't lately enough for some of them. There are going to be a bunch who think that's only happening for them in a P5 conference.

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You may live to regret those words about Calhoun not coming back!

My god. Are you illiterate?

I said the "Calhoun days" are not coming back.

As in, we will probably never again be as good as we were under Calhoun.

As in, I paid Calhoun (whom I regularly call the greatest basketball coach of all time in my posts here) a huge complement.

You are beyond incorrigible.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You may live to regret those words about Calhoun not coming back!

But just to clarify, you're saying you want Calhoun to come back on staff at the age of seventy-five with that medical history?

I thought negative recruiting was something the program needed to move away from.

Reaction Score
Never tongue-in-cheek coming from you. It is absolutely fitting with everything you contribute to this board. It wasn't even surprising. It is exactly how you operate.

Give it a rest. Is his post really that unreasonable at this point?

Recruiting is supposed to be KOs strong suit. That's his calling card.

Despite the crappy regular season seemingly every year and the frustrating lack of player development, everyone would point to his recruiting and how he would continue to bring in talent to keep us relevant nationally.

Right now he sucks at recruiting too. When you start sucking at your calling card, what exactly is there left to defend?

Reaction Score
Give it a rest. Is his post really that unreasonable at this point?

Recruiting is supposed to be KOs strong suit. That's his calling card.

Despite the crappy regular season seemingly every year and the frustrating lack of player development, everyone would point to his recruiting and how he would continue to bring in talent to keep us relevant nationally.

Right now he sucks at recruiting too. When you start sucking at your calling card, what exactly is there left to defend?

OK, so go ahead. Post your new favorite coach for UConn. This should be fun for the next 8 months. What a pleasure.

Not even Diaco got that.

Reaction Score
And to think I got banned from posting in the other Mathis thread because I posted the Fernando video.

We are officially the meltiest fanbase in the country, and the narrative promoted here is more toxic than many think. If parents are such a big factor, what the hell do you think they discern here?

Piekell didn't need to do anything except point them to the Boneyard.

Yes it's our fault we can't beat Rutgers out for a recruit....

Definitely man

Reaction Score
And to think I got banned from posting in the other Mathis thread because I posted the Fernando video.

We are officially the meltiest fanbase in the country, and the narrative promoted here is more toxic than many think. If parents are such a big factor, what the hell do you think they discern here?

lol. so now the fans are the problem. the narrative six months ago was that fans shouldn't complain because they can't change anything. now it's that the fanbase is why kids won't commit here. pick a side

Reaction Score

Yeah, it's the boneyard's fault. Totally.

Reaction Score
Calhoun days are most likely never coming back. You and a bunch of other people are going to be very unhappy for the rest of your lives if that's what you're waiting for.

I have too much respect for Jim Calhoun and what has been accomplished over the last 20 years, and the pride equity that I have in UCONN mens basketball to accept it being turned into UMASS.

PS: People on here acting like the boneyard and the fans are the problem LOL. Yes the most passionate and dedicated UCONN basketball fans in the world are the problem not the coaching staff. We would be positive if there was positive news to report. Lately there hasn't been any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom