March 16 Games Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

March 16 Games Thread

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A pair of 10 seeds just beat 7's. Gotta put a big asterisk next to the Virginia win though. Cal without their leading scorer and rebounder Anigwe, not the same team without her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Oregon St. needs to be able to handle Tennessee's pressure, they had issues with that at times this year. They've also struggled to beat good teams on the road. I'm not hugely optimistic about OSU's chances.
Let me help you out- Based I what I saw today and previously I think that OSU has good size, great perimeter shooting, strong defense to stimy the freshman guards and force plenty of turnovers. I expect Scott to slow the game down a bit and force Tenn to utilize their awful halfcourt offense, which, frankly is offensive!
My money is on the orange from the NW. :)

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
So nice to see Villanova and Harry Perratta again! Long time no see! V still shooting 3s in bunches. Remember that Israeli player who helped beat UConn with 3s -- she couldn't miss that night.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Cal is one of the worst 7 seeds in the history of the tournament. They're horrible and accomplished nothing all year outside of a rivalry win vs Stanford. It's incredible they are a 7 seed and Miami is an 8.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So nice to see Villanova and Harry Perratta again! Long time no see! V still shooting 3s in bunches. Remember that Israeli player who helped beat UConn with 3s -- she couldn't miss that night.
I am guessing that you don't remember her seeing that you didn't post her name :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Let me help you out- Based I what I saw today and previously I think that OSU has good size, great perimeter shooting, strong defense to stimy the freshman guards and force plenty of turnovers. I expect Scott to slow the game down a bit and force Tenn to utilize their awful halfcourt offense, which, frankly is offensive!
My money is on the orange from the NW. :)
It was nice to see Oregon State get the 1st game in the books, and win convincingly (as they should have). As nwhoopfan has rightfully pointed out, if Tennessee does a better than average job of turning over OSU, and scoring off of the turnovers, then Tennessee can stop this OSU Team. If OSU takes care of the ball (15 or less turnovers), and doesn't give up many of offensive rebounds, OSU can upset Tennessee.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

They're off to a nice start so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Boo ESPN. I don't want to watch Baylor, I'd rather stay w/ Villanova-SDSU until the Oregon game starts. I've generally been really unhappy with their coverage today.

Reaction Score
Cal is one of the worst 7 seeds in the history of the tournament. They're horrible and accomplished nothing all year outside of a rivalry win vs Stanford. It's incredible they are a 7 seed and Miami is an 8.
Cal was missing their 3-time All PAC12 post player. They are much better with Anigwe. But, they are not deep with talent.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I saw the game on TV. All I can remember was that she was Israeli. I'm terrible at names (ask my family). Anyone?

Not the name you are looking for. My favorite (but also the only one I can think of off the top of my head) Israeli player was Shay Doron at Maryland.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Boo ESPN. I don't want to watch Baylor, I'd rather stay w/ Villanova-SDSU until the Oregon game starts. I've generally been really unhappy with their coverage today.

That's their MO. They always go with the higher seed. Even though it's likely to be a very eraly blowout.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal was missing their 3-time All PAC12 post player. They are much better with Anigwe. But, they are not deep with talent.

They managed to win a 1st round game last year (I think against LSU) after only going 6-12 in conference. I was shocked they got in. They were much improved this year, regardless of post season record.

Reaction Score
It appears that Holly will live another day. No Hari Kari for her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ha ha. I was only stuck w/ Baylor for a couple minutes, and I changed the channel. Oregon-Seattle U. tipping off.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It was nice to see Oregon State get the 1st game in the books, and win convincingly (as they should have). As nwhoopfan has rightfully pointed out, if Tennessee does a better than average job of turning over OSU, and scoring off of the turnovers, then Tennessee can stop this OSU Team. If OSU takes care of the ball (15 or less turnovers), and doesn't give up many of offensive rebounds, OSU can upset Tennessee.

I’m pulling for Oregon State and “my” vote for PAC-12 POY Marie Gulich.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Baylor should win easily.
Looks like Grambling is a bit undersized, probably no one over 6'1?.
Already 10-1, Grambling timeout, just under 6 minutes of the 1st quarter

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Baylor should win easily.

The only way this game will be entertaining is if Mulkey gets a technical for throwing something. She isn’t wearing a jacket so I’m guessing she will air mail something else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom