March 16 Games Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

March 16 Games Thread

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have to say, I was really disappointed in Bella Alarie today. She forced shots, made a really dumb bad foul on Charles and just did not look good for all the hype I had heard. The big moment did not shine well on her today.

Based on the way Oregon State played today, I think that Tenn/OSU matchup will be really intriguing. I could see either a really close game or very bad blowout loss for the Lady Vols. I also have to say in watching the LV game, where are all the people??? They averaged 9,800+ a game this year.

It just is so disappointing seeing so many empty seats at venues (not just Tennessee but NC State, Louisville) for the championships-the energy should be high and I just feel bad for these young ladies.

Its alot easier for fans to attend a game at 7pm on a Friday than noon or 2.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State leads Elon 16-8, at the end of the 1st quarter. NC State was 4 of 11 from the field...Elon was 2 of 13 and with 6 turnovers in the quarter. Kiara Leslie leads all scorers with 6 points, with two made THREEs.

Reaction Score
OMG HISTORY MADE

Tenn seems to have gotten a bad call in Knoxville

(Russells shot went through the rim and got caught in the net and was nullified, which is odd.)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Neither NC State nor Elon can throw the ball in the ocean right now. Combined, the two teams are 8 of 36 from the field. With 5:50 left in 2nd quarter, NC State just hit their first FG of the quarter. 20-11, NC State.

Reaction Score
How did Tennessee rate a #3 seed.

In a dogfight with Liberty. A team that lost to Houston!!! As usual the SEC has successfully gamed the system and gotten several teams over seeded.

Tenn was not overseeded. Show me what #4 seed has a stronger resume.

Reaction Score
As I watch the Lady Vols struggle to put away Liberty, I have to believe that OSU will end TN’s tournament on Sunday.

Hard to say. While nowhere near as erratic as last year, Vols still can play up/down to level of competition.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hard to say. While nowhere near as erratic as last year, Vols still can play up/down to level of competition.
I certainly agree, but the matchup that I believe will doom the Lady Vols on Sunday is HW vs Scott Rueck.

Reaction Score
As I watch the Lady Vols struggle to put away Liberty, I have to believe that OSU will end TN’s tournament on Sunday.

...by doing so, Holly will keep adding to her resume, for getting the "first tournament loss" in Knoxville...Tennessee has never lost an NCAA Tournament game in Knoxville, going 56-0

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Either we are watching an incredible defensive game in Raleigh or the WBB game has been set back 30 years.

At halftime: NC State leads Elon, 27-17. A "flurry" of scoring in the last couple of minutes resulted in the largest lead for NC State. State was 8 of 25 from the field...Elon was 5 of 22. NC State was 8 of 11 from the FT line...while Elon was 4 of 8. Both teams hit three THREEs.
NC State outrebounded Elon, 20-18. Elon committed 11 turnovers, NC State had 9.

Akela Maize and Kiara Leslie lead NC State with 8 points each...Konig had 7. Chelsea Nelson just 1 point.

Shay Burnett leads Elon with 7 points.

Reaction Score
...by doing so, Holly will keep adding to her resume, for getting the "first tournament loss" in Knoxville...Tennessee has never lost an NCAA Tournament game in Knoxville, going 56-0
You mean, they might lay an early Easter egg?:eek:

Reaction Score
I am probably most curious about the Cal/Virginia game and its story line of not only Gottlieb and Boyle but of two under achieving teams who need to step it up. Game is more critical for Boyle who despite making her 1st NCAA appearance in 7 years (ouch) still needs to do more than she has add in a poor recruiting class, the last year of her contract, a new AD at Virginia and you have a proverbial hot seat situation.
Great summary of UVA’s situation. I’m routing for them to win today and Boyle to be gone anyway. She won’t take the program where it could/should go.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State came out firing in the 3rd quarter and now leads Elon, 37-21, 4:54 left 3rd quarter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Either we are watching an incredible defensive game in Raleigh or the WBB game has been set back 30 years.

At halftime: NC State leads Elon, 27-17. A "flurry" of scoring in the last couple of minutes resulted in the largest lead for NC State. State was 8 of 25 from the field...Elon was 5 of 22. NC State was 8 of 11 from the FT line...while Elon was 4 of 8. Both teams hit three THREEs.
NC State outrebounded Elon, 20-18. Elon committed 11 turnovers, NC State had 9.

Akela Maize and Kiara Leslie lead NC State with 8 points each...Konig had 7. Chelsea Nelson just 1 point.

Shay Burnett leads Elon with 7 points.
Elon is a decent defensive team and Shay Burnett their star. The offense is very immature, though. Ah well

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State shot 66.7% from the field in the 3rd quarter and are rolling against Elon, 47-30, as the game enters the 4th quarter. Kiara Leslie with 13 points...Ace Konig with 12...and Chelsea Nelson notched 6 points in the 3rd quarter, including a rare THREE.

Shay Burnett with 12 points for Elon.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State has blown the game wide open now, thanks to a surprising 8-point output from Erika Cassell, who has made two THREEs during the run. Cassell only had two made THREEs all season before today. 55-32, NC State leads now. Timeout Elon...a little less than 7 minutes to go.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Tenn takes a bit of time to get rolling; their opening play can be misleading. Tenn 100-40 Liberty.
Re: Texas A&M: Like Anriel Howard's style. Models herself after Jackie Joyner-Kersey, I believe. Best performance by Danni Williams I've seen. In the other Aggie games I've seen Chennedy Carter was the whole show.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Final: NC State beats Elon, 62-35. They play Maryland Sunday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom