March 16 Games Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

March 16 Games Thread

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oregon State up 57-33 and the coach of the Beavers gets T'ed up after his star player is called for a foul (her 3rd).
Halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
ESPN appears to be forcing us to watch a quarter of Louisville playing down to Boise State. Oregon St/W. Kentucky just started at 12:18 for a nominal 12pm start time. Goodness knows when MD/Princeton and OU/Depaul will actually start.
espn streaming service is horrible. Having to follow the game tracker on ESPN.com for the Oregon State game. Fortunately it is recording.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon State up 57-33 and the coach of the Beavers gets T'ed up after his star player is called for a foul (her 3rd).
Halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Getting Ts seems to be a new trick for Rueck this season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah I looked at that coverage map. They aren't very creative. A thinking person might assume someone on the West Coast had more of an interest in Pac 12 teams in general than other games. Instead the only specific games they are covering for Washington are Seattle U. and Gon zaga, although both are playing Pac 12 schools (Oregon and Stanford). I would've much rather watched the Oregon St. game this morning.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. up 68-43 after 3Q. Looks like Gulich completely took over the 3rd quarter. She had 8 points at halftime, she now has 25! 9-13 FG, also 13 rebounds. Could be an interesting battle between her and Mercedes Russell in the next round (I'm gonna go ahead and assume the Vols win their 1st round game).

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yeah I looked at that coverage map. They aren't very creative. A thinking person might assume someone on the West Coast had more of an interest in Pac 12 teams in general than other games. Instead the only specific games they are covering for Washington are Seattle U. and Gon zaga, although both are playing Pac 12 schools (Oregon and Stanford). I would've much rather watched the Oregon St. game this morning.
Gulich(?) is having a very good game, the whole team looks good. My first look at them this season I believe .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was hoping we would get the Maryland/Princeton game here in SC but nope...we're still getting the Louisville game. Doesn't portend well that I will get to see NC State unless I log on to the ESPN3 web site.

I'm in the mood now to fire off a nasty letter to TPTB.
Tell me where to send my letter, too. I want to see Elon! The have 6 freshmen that have matured during the season and are could give you guys a game.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Oregon St. up 68-43 after 3Q. Looks like Gulich completely took over the 3rd quarter. She had 8 points at halftime, she now has 25! 9-13 FG, also 13 rebounds. Could be an interesting battle between her and Mercedes Russell in the next round (I'm gonna go ahead and assume the Vols win their 1st round game).
Russell appears, to me, to take parts of games off. Gulich should out play her without any problem.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I will give credit when it is due.

Good job by ESPN to switch the feed to the Depaul/Oklahoma game, which has become the most competitive of the games currently in progress.

Reaction Score
I wonder what ESPN is showing on ESPNNews and on the "U"? I'm sure they have more "compelling" programming than the Women's Basketball. :mad:

The NCAA contract is for all games to be shown on ESPN & ESPN2, which have the widest coverage. Not everyone gets ESPNU and ESPNNews.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
DePaul's Coleman fouls out after getting clobbered earlier in the quarter. I step away from Watch ESPN at the half to book on Orbitz and while I'm away OK's Ortiz goes on a 3rd quarter rampage and OK storms back. Nice that ESPN wrapped to OK-DePaul. DePaul hits a 3 to lead OK by 10 at 7:00 in 4Q

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I'm kind of rooting for DePaul ... would be a fun game with Texas A&M. But OK breathing down DePaul's neck. Last 3 min DePaul 7pt lead at 1:13

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Russell appears, to me, to take parts of games off. Gulich should out play her without any problem.

I was trying to give Russell some benefit of the doubt. I definitely believe Gulich is the more active and skilled player. She's rarely faced a player taller than herself this year (other than every day in practice vs. Grymek), so we'll see if Russell's length bothers her.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
DePaul wins final score 90-79
Last career game for OK's Pierre-Louis, Ortiz, and Manning.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So ESPN gave us about 30 seconds of in game coverage of the Oregon St.-WKU game, but now on the same court Tennessee-Liberty is the feature game they are showing. Lame. Again, boo ESPN!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the middle of 1Q in Knoxville, it’s LVs by 6-5. Sleep-inducing.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well, bless my soul...we are getting the NC State/Elon game here in SC. I had logged onto ESPN3 to watch it on the computer but doesn't appear I will need to now.

Reaction Score
I don't know why Hayes isn't starting for Tennessee. Westbrook is not a point guard. Take Jackson out of the starting lineup. Every Warlick team has tried to convert a shooting guard to a point guard and it just doesn't work. Jordan Reynolds for example.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have to say, I was really disappointed in Bella Alarie today. She forced shots, made a really dumb bad foul on Charles and just did not look good for all the hype I had heard. The big moment did not shine well on her today.

Based on the way Oregon State played today, I think that Tenn/OSU matchup will be really intriguing. I could see either a really close game or very bad blowout loss for the Lady Vols. I also have to say in watching the LV game, where are all the people??? They averaged 9,800+ a game this year.

It just is so disappointing seeing so many empty seats at venues (not just Tennessee but NC State, Louisville) for the championships-the energy should be high and I just feel bad for these young ladies.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If they do play that way against Oregon State they will lose.

Yeah, but after that slow start they put on a full court press and started forcing turnovers and opened up a double digit lead. OSU has had a hard time handling pressuring defenses at times this year, so that could cause them problems as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I have to say, I was really disappointed in Bella Alarie today. She forced shots, made a really dumb bad foul on Charles and just did not look good for all the hype I had heard. The big moment did not shine well on her today.

Based on the way Oregon State played today, I think that Tenn/OSU matchup will be really intriguing. I could see either a really close game or very bad blowout loss for the Lady Vols. I also have to say in watching the LV game, where are all the people??? They averaged 9,800+ a game this year.

It just is so disappointing seeing so many empty seats at venues (not just Tennessee but NC State, Louisville) for the championships-the energy should be high and I just feel bad for these young ladies.

Are the early starts a problem? All the games UW hosted last year were rockin'. Even Oklahoma vs. Gon zaga down the stretch, the Husky fans really got behind GU and made plenty of noise. But those were all evening games, none of them started at noon or early afternoon.

The daughter of a Dookie with a cheap shot. Maybe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Sorry Triad, but I despise Coach K and the men's hoops program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom