March 16 Games Thread | The Boneyard

March 16 Games Thread

Reaction Score
Today’s match-ups. Which do we like most; which the likeliest upsets? The 1s and 2s get underway in the Spokane and Lexington brackets. All games, 12:00/2:30/5:00/7:30 on ESPN2 wrap-around, I suppose, so maybe consolidate discussion in one thread?

Albany bracket:

California-Virginia

South Carolina-N.C. A&T (is this the phone company?)

Spokane bracket:

ND-CSUN

SD State-Nova

DePaul-OK

TX A&M-Drake

Green Bay-MN

Oregon-Seattle

KC Bracket:

MD-Princeton

NC State-Elon

Lexington Bracket:

LV-Boise

Marquette-Dayton

Oregon St-W.Ky

Tenn-Liberty

Mich-N. Colorado

Baylor-Grambling (is this the highest rated team Baylor’s played this year?)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Baylor-Grambling (is this the highest rated team Baylor’s played this year?)
poking.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am probably most curious about the Cal/Virginia game and its story line of not only Gottlieb and Boyle but of two under achieving teams who need to step it up. Game is more critical for Boyle who despite making her 1st NCAA appearance in 7 years (ouch) still needs to do more than she has add in a poor recruiting class, the last year of her contract, a new AD at Virginia and you have a proverbial hot seat situation.

Reaction Score
Besides the Princeton-MD matchup, maybe the best matched and entertaining game is the DePaul-OK game: both are at noon.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not that we didn't know this, but Boise State is in for a long afternoon. It took Durr all of 8 or 9 seconds from the tip-off to get an easy bucket.

Looks like they are staggering the starts a little to facilitate the whip-around coverage? Seems like Louisville's is the only game actually going at the moment.

Reaction Score
and an absolutely atrocious charging call. how does the referee make that bad a call?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, as I sit here watching this, this one thought came to me-do we think the Boise basketball court is also the same "gawd awful blue" that their football field is? :rolleyes:

I am trying to watch the other games on ESPN3 but an not have any success-is anyone else able to? I wanted to see Princeton with Bella...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I am trying to watch the other games on ESPN3 but an not have any success-is anyone else able to? I wanted to see Princeton with Bella...

ESPN appears to be forcing us to watch a quarter of Louisville playing down to Boise State. Oregon St/W. Kentucky just started at 12:18 for a nominal 12pm start time. Goodness knows when MD/Princeton and OU/Depaul will actually start.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I was hoping we would get the Maryland/Princeton game here in SC but nope...we're still getting the Louisville game. Doesn't portend well that I will get to see NC State unless I log on to the ESPN3 web site.

I'm in the mood now to fire off a nasty letter to TPTB.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’m watching Louisville from Vegas. They did not bring their A game. Boise State is almost playing them close.

Reaction Score
If Boise State made half of the missed shots they took, Louiville would be in a heap of trouble. Sloppy sloppy sloppy basketball. :eek:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This is one thing that I like about DirecTV, all four games have their exclusive channel and they aren't making us pay extra for it.

And looking at the coverage map, it appears that Dish also has each game available on an exclusive channel.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So where's the wrap around coverage? Louisville-Boise St. was a boring, ugly first half of basketball. Meanwhile Oregon St. is putting on a clinic and we haven't seen 1 second of the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So it's halftime of the featured game, why not show us another game? Sorry UConn fans, but we don't need a puff piece on Geno or the people in the studio yakking. Good grief this is terrible coverage so far. Boo ESPN.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. up 46-28 at halftime over Western Kentucky. 7-13 behind the arc. Gulich nearly w/ a double double already, and Pivec and Tudor have combined for 26 points. Good news for OSU fans, Tudor has been M.I.A. in recent games. They're going to need her contributing if they hope to advance very far this year.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
DePaul leading Oklahoma at the half. Both teams having trouble scoring in the paint, so the score is relatively low: 42-32.
Princeton keeping it close; Maryland leading by 5.

Reaction Score
Actually I would take that Whip-around from ESPN2 today...but it looks like we're stuck with the Louisville game in.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Reminder: these are the coverage maps

Women's NCAA tournament coverage maps

For Noon, everyone except OR, ID, KY, NJ, DC, Balt, Chicago get whip around.

The feed of ESPN2 that I'm getting through WatchESPN involves little or no whipping. It's been Louisville the whole time. Their "whip-around" is always "we'll show you the finishes of other games after our blowout by a top seed ends".

I'm just jumping from game to game on WatchESPN, so it's fine. But it's lame that WatchESPN is the only way to get half-decent coverage of the games.

Reaction Score
I wonder what ESPN is showing on ESPNNews and on the "U"? I'm sure they have more "compelling" programming than the Women's Basketball. :mad:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wait...we are NOW getting whipped around.

Someone call the Associated Press!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom