March 16 Games Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

March 16 Games Thread

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Do conference tournaments in the weaker conferences actually bring in net revenue?

Geno in his Pregame press conference (the end part) really attacked the idea of conference tournaments for 1 bid conferences and how terribly unfair it is
for a team which won the regular season to lose their bid just because a weaker team got hot (or lucky). Not only is it unfair to the team and their players who may have played 5 months for nothing but by sending a weaker team to the NCAA Tournament, you hurt your own conference. And as Plebe pointed out, how much money can these weaker conference tournaments really make? And to think the Ivy league whose endowments are off the scale has one. :confused:

Reaction Score
Saturday morning. Watching the ESPN (SportsCenter, College GameDay) shows. One would not know there is a women's ncaa basketball tournament going on. Only seeing reports on the men's ncaa basketball tournament. And, then they do a segment on NBA results. Sigh. DAMN

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Saturday morning. Watching the ESPN (SportsCenter, College GameDay) shows. One would not know there is a women's ncaa basketball tournament going on. Only seeing reports on the men's ncaa basketball tournament. And, then they do a segment on NBA results. Sigh. DAMN

Don't blink. There are a few tidbits if I recall (at least in the late night coverage)

1) The unbelievable call where TN had a basket disallowed because it got stuck in the net and the opposing player popped it out above the net.
2) The banked 3pt shot last second to send the Villanova game to OT (made #2 on Top 10)
3) The triple double of Ionescu
4) An ironic connection about how St Joe might get some ideas about knocking of a #1 after UMBC but UConn is a different animal.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Westbeld. Latest update:

Apparently it's a different ankle than the one that was operated on last year.
Nonetheless, this is bad....why did the Irish have to give up yet another thing for Lent? :(

Kat is the kind of player you notice just as much as when she's gone, particularly on things like ball movement and help-side defense.

She's also the kind of player that would've been great against Harry and the Wildcats...they're not too tall but not too small (most of the players are between 6' and 6'1"), and Kat is 6'2". MM said x-rays will be taken today and hopefully -- knock on blarney stone -- she'll be able to get back next week, if the Irish get by the Wildcats on Sunday in this Big East redux.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Two questions: How does S Car beat a 15 seed by a mere 11?
How does ND allow a 16 seed to score 81?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Two questions: How does S Car beat a 15 seed by a mere 11?
How does ND allow a 16 seed to score 81?
It’s tournament time. Teams are playing out of their minds. And parity is creeping up on the game.

Ask the Virginia men how a high s ed can lose to a low seed

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Do conference tournaments in the weaker conferences actually bring in net revenue?
I have no idea but am guessing that the reason for them is the revenue that they are hoping for. Otherwise why have them because the tournament makes the regular season worthless unless the no. 1 seed is the tournament winner.

Reaction Score
fritopperformers.jpg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
ESPN is crazy.... I just saw the start time for Sundays games. South Carolina vs UVA @ 9pm ..... what kinda sense does that crap make
I’m a night owl, so it doesn’t bother me, but people who bring kids to the games are unhappy. I don’t understand why the west coast games aren’t the late (in the east) games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom