Mamoudou Diarra update | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Damn. Still holding out hope we get him. Obviously he doesn't view himself as a traditional big man, but that doesn't change the fact that he is physically a big man!

" I want our players to have the ability to shoot, pass and dribble. That's one of my philosophies. I love flexible basketball players. That's what I want at all five positions. Can they think like a point guard? Can they make the next play? That's who I want to coach. That's who I want to have the basketball. " - Kevin Ollie

Why does it matter if you are the tallest Husky on the court if this is your coach's philosophy? Just gotta prove yourself as an efficient playmaker.

Reaction Score
Kid posted these Instagram a while back bashing coaches during high school who billed him as a 4/5. He thinks he's a 3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Ollie likes positionless players that are interchangeable so much then why would he verbally pidgeon-hole a recruit by insisting he is a 5 and only a 5? If a player shows you he can play the 4 in practice, he will play the 4.

Reaction Score
Hope by "not a big man" he at least thinks he is a 3... but based on the prior post he may even think he's a guard...

Reaction Score
Hope by "not a big man" he at least thinks he is a 3... but based on the prior post he may even think he's a guard...

"I am not a big man."

And this is why the staff turned its attention to Akok Akok.

Reaction Score
First, he posted that in March. We started recruiting him in April.

Second, Akok Akok would not make it to campus until September, 2019.

Other than that, nailed it.

It was just a sad attempt at a joke. Read this in a Rick Majerus voice: "I am not a big man."

Reaction Score
The big man label has become a dirty word. Everyone wants the ball in their hands, everyone wants to shoot threes....Golden State to thank for that. No one wants to be down low doing dirty work, cleaning up glass etc. They all want to be shooters.

Reaction Score
The big man label has become a dirty word. Everyone wants the ball in their hands, everyone wants to shoot threes....Golden State to thank for that. No one wants to be down low doing dirty work, cleaning up glass etc. They all want to be shooters.

Thanks Golden State for playing beautiful basketball you jerks! If you watch them play, you will notice that they often have Pachulia or McGee on the floor. These guys only screen, rebound and dunk. Definition of dirty work.

For all the talk about "positionless" basketball, you still need bigs to play down low. Its nice if they can step out and shoot on offense, but someone needs to be protecting the rim and rebounding on defense. If the staff sees him banging down low and he wants to be on the perimeter, adios. You can lie all you want to a top talent and then figure it out when they get on campus. You shouldn't lie to a guy in the 200's who is projected as a role player (who doesn't want to play the role the staff envisions).

Reaction Score
Thanks Golden State for playing beautiful basketball you jerks! If you watch them play, you will notice that they often have Pachulia or McGee on the floor. These guys only screen, rebound and dunk. Definition of dirty work.

For all the talk about "positionless" basketball, you still need bigs to play down low. Its nice if they can step out and shoot on offense, but someone needs to be protecting the rim and rebounding on defense. If the staff sees him banging down low and he wants to be on the perimeter, adios. You can lie all you want to a top talent and then figure it out when they get on campus. You shouldn't lie to a guy in the 200's who is projected as a role player (who doesn't want to play the role the staff envisions).
Those guys are both veterans. Few highschool kids want to think of themselves as those guys any more. If they're 6'10" they're Kevin Durant in their eyes, not Javale McGee

Reaction Score
Not sure you can extrapolate what happened with Vance to every recruit that wants to play a position he is not suited for but I understand your point. My point was that someone will tell him what he wants to hear and he will end up playing the 4/5 anyway. I didnt say it will be or should be us. If he thought he was a 4 vs a 5 I would be on board but if he wants to be a perimeter player then good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Those guys are both veterans. Few highschool kids want to think of themselves as those guys any more. If they're 6'10" they're Kevin Durant in their eyes, not Javale McGee

Yea. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of his post. All bigs want to be guards. It's been like this for years and years.

pj

Reaction Score

Too bad for them. It's a lot easier to be the next Javale McGee than to be the next Kevin Durant. They are blowing their shot at the NBA.

Chely's Home

Bring back the whalers
Reaction Score
Hope we still have a shot with him.
Let him play the 3 if he wants to, why not? & some 4 when need be.
if it means getting him signed...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why are we recruiting him as a 5 if he doesn't see himself as a 5?

Because we're losing literally 100% of our returning minutes at the five and only have a freshman and a JUCO on board for next year?

Reaction Score
Just friggin lie for the love of Pete. 4/5, its all semantics in college hoops. Calipari would tell Greg Oden he was a point guard if it helped land him.
Is Ollie just messing with us at this point? So I guess all the talk about positionless basketball was all lip service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom