Mamoudou Diarra update | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
The good thing is that with Chillious I have confidence we have a diligent recruiter, and if some players reject us because they want a coach who will tell them they can play the 3 when they should play the 4, we'll find the other candidates who will fit. I wonder if we've had too short a recruiting list and therefore been in a position where we had to make too many promises to reel in the few candidates we had a shot at.

Hope we get Diarra, seems like the kind of athlete who could be a real star at UConn, I think he fits us maybe better than any other program, he has just the tools KO wants. But he has to want to be here. I'm tired of guys who want something else and transfer out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

He's not a 3, but he's absolutely nothing like Brimah.

This is odd...seems like this was the biggest slam dunk of the guys we were looking at. Still seems likely we end up with him but this is certainly a little concerning.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Less than ideal

shawn-michaels.gif

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's not a 3, but he's absolutely nothing like Brimah.
I'm with @upstater on this one. He's a skinny rim-runner and rim protector who'll fill those roles first and foremost, so I think he's quite a bit like Brimah even if his physical profile is slightly different.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Can't help but say that if we swing and miss on 2 former players Chillious already locked up, was his recruiting success a product of Michael Porter and Markelle Fultz?

Reaction Score
Can't help but say that if we swing and miss on 2 former players Chillious already locked up, was his recruiting success a product of Michael Porter and Markelle Fultz?

He wasn't the point guy recruiting either Porter or Harris - apparently Conroy was the latter and Romar's is a relative of Porter, I believe. His recruiting reputation has been sterling far before either of them committed to UW, anyways.

Reaction Score
A young man who has already been burned once by the college recruiting process has the unmitigated gall to want to take a number of visits and take time before committing for a second time? Yes, let's next him, and jump to conclusions about the staff.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you. Just because the internet allows you to write whatever you want doesn't mean you need to do so. Can we at least wait until he elects to go somewhere else before we jump to conclusions about the young man or our recruiting?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There is no doubt in my mind recruits visit fan sites. Many idiots here seem to care more about being heard than they do about UConn landing a very good recruit.

A young man who has already been burned once by the college recruiting process has the unmitigated gall to want to take a number of visits and take time before committing for a second time? Yes, let's next him, and jump to conclusions about the staff.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you. Just because the internet allows you to write whatever you want doesn't mean you need to do so. Can we at least wait until he elects to go somewhere else before we jump to conclusions about the young man or our recruiting?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
There is no doubt in my mind recruits visit fan sites. Many idiots here seem to care more about being heard than they do about UConn landing a very good recruit.

I always wondered about this......

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can't wait until it comes out that a recruit won't come to uconn bc they read posts by some stupid posters on the yard. Granted half aretrolls and would like that to happen

pj

Reaction Score
Of course recruits visit this site. 99% of recruits love to hear what people are saying about them, they crave praise and despise criticism, they want to go where fans care and want them to come, they want to be in a well-supported environment which means fans that are both passionate and uplifting.

To hear fans on the major fan board sniping at coaches, the program, and recruits is a major negative for the program. Negative recruiting from other coaches is discredited by their self-interest, but negative words from UConn fans about the program have credibility.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can't wait until it comes out that a recruit won't come to UConn bc they read posts by some stupid posters on the yard. Granted half aretrolls and would like that to happen

There's even fans of other programs who come on here and troll as UCONN fans. What can you do?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
What's to wonder about? Have you read some of the "takes" being tossed around on a daily basis?

I know what's being said but I "wondered " if recruits , current players or people close to them visit our fan site.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know what's being said but I "wondered " if recruits , current players or people close to them read our fan site.

In the past, there's been a number of family members, associates, et al who've posted. So I've little doubt others do to. In this day and age especially.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Has anyone is this thread said anything negative about Diarra? There's like 15 replies and I don't see one slight against him.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, my earlier post wasn't a shot at Diarra but rather our staff's inability to get any of their targets to commit during officials. I've just been jaded over the past year as we lose out on target after target. Once they leave and continue their visits, they're gone. Still waiting to see this plan that hiring Chillious was part of that so many posters here predicted.

Reaction Score
Just to clarify, my earlier post wasn't a shot at Diarra but rather our staff's inability to get any of their targets to commit during officials. I've just been jaded over the past year as we lose out on target after target. Once they leave and continue their visits, they're gone. Still waiting to see this plan that hiring Chillious was part of that so many posters here predicted.
That idea died with blake harris. But bringing chillous in was still probably the best move of the ofd season so far

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You're "still waiting" after three weeks? Pretty generous of you.
No actually, I'm done waiting. I'm not a patient person. I was expecting those Washington transfers and recruits folks here were predicting. Without them, what did he bring? I don't want a bunch of West Coast recruits that get homesick and bail. How many West Coast kids have succeeded here? Hamilton didn't want to be here. Give me Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, CT and New Jersey kids all day long. I say hire Bob Hurley Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom