Mamoudou Diarra update | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Stop. Please. Not a single person here has said that they are "comfortable" with how we would line up next season at this moment. Intelligence understands that you cam be uncomfortable with the present, and still be trying to avoid steps that you think are likely to be train wrecks in the future.

Good luck with your plea. Truly.

Reaction Score
Going into next season with 9 players, only a handful of which we actually know can play is absolutely a trainwreck. This is a kid who was supposed to be in the bag for us, if Ollie was telling him he could only play the 5 here it is malpractice on KO's part.

I'm sorry, but that is so oversimplistic I don't know what to say. Going into next year with 9 players would be awful (although if we avoid injury it would be more than we had last year). But a huge part of last year's trainwreck was that we had too many kids who were too worried about what every decision meant to them as opposed to the team. And if you are just lying to someone to get him here to use him differently than you promise -- well, bad attitudes can destroy a team every bit a surely as too thin a roster can.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nailed it.

Ah, yes... and then "Mr. Snarky" chimes in. Like clockwork. I forgot to add that to my last post.

Funny how you are so good at belittling people BUConn10... since you add SO MUCH to these discussions. I am quite sure by your consistently demeaning tone in your posts. that you have reached the pinnacle of your profession at least once like Kevin Ollie has. NOT.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Think a decision should be coming next week.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Think a decision should be coming next week.
How are you feeling about it? Got any scoop?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but that so oversimplistic I don't know what to say. Going into next year with 9 players would be awful (although if we avoid injury it would be more than we had last year). But a huge part of last year's trainwreck was that we had too many kids who were too worried about what every decision meant to them as opposed to the team. And if you are just lying to someone to get him here to use him differently than you promise -- well, bad attitudes can destroy a team every bit a surely as too thin a roster can.
That's an interesting theory you have about the player's only caring about themselves last year. You have zero way of knowing if it's grounded in reality but stick with it if it helps you. I tend to think there is an institutional problem going on when it's several years running where we won't be able to field a full roster and three kids who each had a legit chance of starting all left along with our top recruit.

I find your way of looking it as not only simplistic but also not what took place/is taking place.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You would think that with the success of things like the "death lineups" in the NBA, that selling a guy like this to play the role of a "5" in a more pro offense could be easier.

But if the issue is with him standing out at the 3pt line shooting 3s all day on offense, that could be a problem.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ah, yes... and then "Mr. Snarky" chimes in. Like clockwork. I forgot to add that to my last post.

Funny how you are so good at belittling people BUConn10... since you add SO MUCH to these discussions. I am quite sure by your consistently demeaning tone in your posts. that you have reached the pinnacle of your profession at least once like Kevin Ollie has. NOT.
Lmao, who the hell is this mosquito buzzing around. Anyone here anything?

Reaction Score
Can't imagine he'd go to Cincy. They'll have Evans and Cumberland on the wings, not to mention if they get Bragg. He'd be forced to play in the paint which apparently he isn't about

Reaction Score
Let me know how you feel when you see me!

All you "anti-Ollie" guys are a freaking echo chamber. Ok, so just because 3 people who have no concrete proof that Ollie is recruiting him as a 5 are saying it does not make it any more factual than 1.

Frankly, your group has ruined many of the recruiting threads recently with this same crap. Instead of talking about what a loser Oz has proven to be, you automatically parrot what he says because it fits your narrative... even when there is ample proof otherwise.

People can say many things about Ollie on here - but certainly the guy is not a liar. Why would he all of a sudden pigeon hole this recruit when he has stated, and shown in game plans (particularly in 2014), that he recruits guys to be positionless? And yet you act like Oz, Chev and Husky99 are some paragons of truth and knowledge.

And a bunch of you call Stairmaster a "Strawman"? What you Ollie bashers are doing in each of these threads is the very definition of being Strawmen. You take speculation, act like it is fact, and then make assessments as if they are logical conclusions based upon the original baseless speculation.

"Lather. Rinse. Repeat."

When 3Uconn used to post on here, HE was obviously an insider. He proved that through dozens of factual, supported posts. Chev, Husky99, Oz and most others have proven only one thing... they don't know s$!t.

Reaction Score

Stop being mad online

Reaction Score
Can't imagine he'd go to Cincy. They'll have Evans and Cumberland on the wings, not to mention if they get Bragg. He'd be forced to play in the paint which apparently he isn't about
I'm thinking he might stay home in Missouri, but who knows.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking he might stay home in Missouri, but who knows.

Just got 3 crystal ball picks to Cincy.

Reaction Score
He can go back to Washington too, right?

Missouri will probably tell this kid that he's going to be playing shooting guard alongside Michael Porter for 1 year before they both become lottery picks together.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Well guess it's been posted at this point but it sounds like he's favoring us.

Reaction Score
That's an interesting theory you have about the player's only caring about themselves last year. You have zero way of knowing if it's grounded in reality but stick with it if it helps you. I tend to think there is an institutional problem going on when it's several years running where we won't be able to field a full roster and three kids who each had a legit chance of starting all left along with our top recruit.

I find your way of looking it as not only simplistic but also not what took place/is taking place.

LOL. Of course, I have Mr. Jackson's twitter statements. And a season of game tape to show why Enoch and Durham didn't get more playing time. But hey -- you know what you know so more power to you.

I certainly did not say that we didn't have an institutional problem by the way. I find it bizarre that any time you disagree with someone throwing crap on the program about a particular point, that (to them) automatically means you think everything is fine.

Reaction Score
That's an interesting theory you have about the player's only caring about themselves last year. You have zero way of knowing if it's grounded in reality but stick with it if it helps you.

That's an exaggeration about "zero way of knowing." The selfishness was evident on the basketball court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom