Mamoudou Diarra update | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well then there's that.
Its pretty obvious the staff doesn't want a project and tying up a scholarship for 4 years. when they can give to someone who is
a top 50 maybe. If they were encouraging him we would know. They will let Mick Cronin have him

Reaction Score
Let me know how you feel when you see me!

Chev... so you challenge me with a physical threat when I challenge you to produce proof? LMAO

Guys like you are all the same... full of crap and Hot Takes but when challenged to produce real evidence you think bullying is the best way to go. Suffice it to say, I am the wrong guy to do that with. But since I have no reason to fight you or anyone else over a debate on a message board...

Let's keep this on track with an... ACTUAL OFFERING OF PROOF by you. Seems like a simple and non-threatening request to me.

Reaction Score
Maybe he really isn't capable of playing the 3 or even the 4 at a high level next year, like he wants to, which is why the staff moved on. I find it hard for everyone here to fault the staff for only recruiting him as a 5 since all of us have seen a collective 3 minutes of game film on this guy. Maybe he really just wasn't that good at the forward and too much of a project at this point. Not for us to judge.

Reaction Score
Chev... so you challenge me with a physical threat when I challenge you to produce proof? LMAO

Guys like you are all the same... full of crap and Hot Takes but when challenged to produce real evidence you think bullying is the best way to go. Suffice it to say, I am the wrong guy to do that with. But since I have no reason to fight you or anyone else over a debate on a message board...

Let's keep this on track with an... ACTUAL OFFERING OF PROOF by you. Seems like a simple and non-threatening request to me.
I, for one, appreciate all the information that people with insider connections bring to this board. This is a place for information, not meaningless conversation and bashing of each other. When you curse out the people who come here with information, they'll stop coming back and none of us will have any inside clues and this place will be filled with meaningless drivel. Also, they're not going to give their sources up to you, if they do they'll stop getting information from their sources since they are dropping names. If you don't think what they have to say is valuable then just don't read it and disregard it. No need kill the messenger.

C

Chief00

I, for one, appreciate all the information that people with insider connections bring to this board. This is a place for information, not meaningless conversation and bashing of each other. When you curse out the people who come here with information, they'll stop coming back and none of us will have any inside clues and this place will be filled with meaningless drivel. Also, they're not going to give their sources up to you, if they do they'll stop getting information from their sources since they are dropping names. If you don't think what they have to say is valuable then just don't read it and disregard it. No need kill the messenger.

Thanks.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Yikes!

Reaction Score
StudFella is on a fast track to getting chucked. When you try and step up to the only people on this board that really actually add anything you usually don't last long.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Chev knows some things tho. One of our former insiders who bowed out for getting snapped at every time he offered up a nugget

Reaction Score
All you "anti-Ollie" guys are a freaking echo chamber. Ok, so just because 3 people who have no concrete proof that Ollie is recruiting him as a 5 are saying it does not make it any more factual than 1.

Frankly, your group has ruined many of the recruiting threads recently with this same crap. Instead of talking about what a loser Oz has proven to be, you automatically parrot what he says because it fits your narrative... even when there is ample proof otherwise.

People can say many things about Ollie on here - but certainly the guy is not a liar. Why would he all of a sudden pigeon hole this recruit when he has stated, and shown in game plans (particularly in 2014), that he recruits guys to be positionless? And yet you act like Oz, Chev and Husky99 are some paragons of truth and knowledge.

And a bunch of you call Stairmaster a "Strawman"? What you Ollie bashers are doing in each of these threads is the very definition of being Strawmen. You take speculation, act like it is fact, and then make assessments as if they are logical conclusions based upon the original baseless speculation.

"Lather. Rinse. Repeat."

When 3Uconn used to post on here, HE was obviously an insider. He proved that through dozens of factual, supported posts. Chev, Husky99, Oz and most others have proven only one thing... they don't know s$!t.
Wut

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cincinnati outrecruited UConn for Diarra.

The rest is just noise.

Move on to plan Z or wherever we're at now.

Reaction Score

The rest is just noise.

That seems to be what happened

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

The rest is just noise.

I have been told here that is impossible, we have bigger fish to land. I will try to be positive about this latest development so as to not negatively affect our recruiting.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is getting some hardcore negative recruiting thrown their way right now. And it's working wonderfully.

I think you're right. Our staff will have to work harder to counter this. I think they'll get the job done, but for now it's frustrating.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is getting some hardcore negative recruiting thrown their way right now. And it's working wonderfully.

We haven't exactly made it difficult for other programs to recruit against us.

We've had players defect because of concerns about playing time and also in spite of the fact that they'd have ample playing time. Nobody wants to be here.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
That plus a bad season. It's amazing the combination of things that have led to this situation. Plus , the negative recruiting is probably coming from coaches that haven't sniffed a championship or even a good tournament run but continue To get good players. It's pure WTF mixed with witchcraft.

Reaction Score

The rest is just noise.

Is this rock bottom?

Do we ever come back from it?

Reaction Score
We haven't exactly made it difficult for other programs to recruit against us.

We've had players defect because of concerns about playing time and also in spite of the fact that they'd have ample playing time. Nobody wants to be here.

I remember watching the Mcd's AA game a couple years back and one of the commentators asked the others which college coach they would most like to play for if they were a HS prospect. Jalen Rose was one of the commentators and his response was 'Kevin Ollie'. It's hard to believe we've gone from this to the current situation. Something else besides PT concerns must be going on here, I just wish I knew what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom