Mamoudou Diarra update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Weren't Wayne Ellington and ty Lawson close to committing as well based on Durant?

I have no idea how close Ellington was to committing but I was in Vegas for the AAU tourneys that year and ran in to Tom Moore and Coach Calhoun one afternoon and asked coach Moore which player, as a UConn fan, I should be following. He said, "I can't tell you but, watch Waybe Ellington".

We may not have signed Ellington or his teammate Gerald Henderson but I did get a really cool photo of me and Coach Moore with me wearing his national championship ring. If I'm not mistaken, that was also the first time I saw Jonathon Mandledove as an underclassman playing on a loaded Atlanta Celtics team with convicted murderer Javarris Crittenton.

Reaction Score
I think it was about wanting to play SF and having the ball on the wing. It's the same issues we're having with guys right now ( Jackson, Diarra). We're a talented stretch 4
School but kids want to be designated as SF
Because they feel it's how they'll go pro.
"Stretch" is a relatively new term. We had to play 3's at the 4 out of desperation rather than choice. We just didn't have that 6'8" 250lb. rebounder to play the 4 so we stuck the best possible 3 in that position. I can see why players would resist the switch if they believe that they are talented enough to play in the NBA. The Jackson transfer may have been an example.
Freeman was an undersized 4 who didn't shoot well enough to play the 3. He was a tweener and didn't have a long professional career but man he was an outstanding player for us.

Reaction Score
He just tweeted that his official to Cincy starts today.

Reactions: pj

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
@kobe You hearing any news from his Cinci visit?
It's a two day visit, I believe so he's leaving sometime today if he hasn't yet. Sure we'll get an update tonight or tomorrow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He was probably eaten by Bearcats, which are 100% not made up.
th

"I can't believe I ate the whole Mamoudou.
I think I'm going to have Diarra."​

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Any hope or did we lose to Mick? Where's my tuna?

Reaction Score
I'm always shocked that Mick gets the players he gets, I could definitely see him getting PJ Carlesimo'ed after screaming at the wrong guy. Not a ton different than Calhoun in that manner, but JC had a little more weight to throw around to pull off being the loud angry schmuck and not looking like a pest.

Reaction Score
I'm always shocked that Mick gets the players he gets, I could definitely see him getting PJ Carlesimo'ed after screaming at the wrong guy. Not a ton different than Calhoun in that manner, but JC had a little more weight to throw around to pull off being the loud angry schmuck and not looking like a pest.
Honestly i'd like to see Ollie scream once in awhile, this entire season deserved one prolonged scream!

Reaction Score
Honestly i'd like to see Ollie scream once in awhile, this entire season deserved one prolonged scream!

I really don't know where this narrative comes from that Ollie is some psychiatrist over on the sidelines whispering criticism to his players. Isn't there an alternative segment on here getting mad at him because he's being too direct in his exit interviews?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I really don't know where this narrative comes from that Ollie is some psychiatrist over on the sidelines whispering criticism to his players. Isn't there an alternative segment on here getting mad at him because he's being too direct in his exit interviews?

This x1000.

Reaction Score
So he's visiting Missouri who landed the other two former Washington commits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom