LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 9 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly. Had she said something, people would still hammer her. It's a lose-lose situation. To me, the only ones she should answer to is her players/and recruits..... They all seem happy with her being their current/future coach. Even with fans tagging them on social media trying to bash Kim.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this. I guess any press is good press, but for people that Kim has coached and other high profile players to be speaking out against her just isn't good. Reporters are also letting off takes, and then you create questions regarding the type of program you are running behind the scenes. It's also unfair to the players and staff, because I have seen people questioning their values as well. Doing what she did, in that specific fashion, just opens an unnecessary can of worms.

Reaction Score
I see Mulkey is getting hammered on social media for a snarky response regarding Griner. I know those two may not have the best relationship, but I would imagine maintaining good press for your program should be the priority.
She’ll lose one or two commits over her remarks (I hope).

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I fully agree with this. I guess any press is good press, but for people that Kim has coached and other high profile players to be speaking out against her just isn't good. Reporters are also letting off takes, and then you provoke questions regarding the type of program you are running behind the scenes. It's also unfair to the players and staff, because I have seen people questioning their values as well. Doing what she did, in that specific fashion, just opens an unnecessary can of worms.
At this point. It is what it is. It's a mess. But them can of worms been opened months ago. LSU program is still in good shape. Kim saying anything at this point will not change the way people will view her.

Reaction Score
Think this will hurt any of LSU’s remaining 23 recruits, like ADR?
I think its a bad look for Kim when former players to attack her for not saying anything today but I imagine recruits and their families have asked these questions to her. She 100% owes them answers, for someone like me, not so much. It just makes it something to talk about through social media which isn't necessarily a good thing for program publicity though.

Should could handle public relations much better, I'll leave it at that. I feel more for the players because they don't deserved to be lumped into something because people don't like the HC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mulkey only had to do the “thoughts and prayers” thing.
So Good Love GIF by The Prepared Performer

Reaction Score
Mulkey only had to do the “thoughts and prayers” thing.
PR wise she should have done so, especially being in front of a bunch of media people. But Kim has a history of getting irked at questions/comments and does her own thing which brings about a PR nightmare for her.

She actually did it once in later February when she was asked the first time, granted it was a small one line statement but she has since then shot all questions with BG down completely. She will never answer a single BG question again I don't think... at least not publicly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the SF Chronicle feature, it was disappointing that Aquira DeCosta didn't feel comfortable enough with Mulkey to bring up her mental health problems at Baylor. Also disappointing that Mulkey didn't notice her funk and set up a one-on-one meeting herself.

Reaction Score

Well if Kim would have just said a few of these words today during the media session then she likely avoids near the headache she has now.

I wholeheartedly agree..

But..... Her silence wasn't actually dead silence. It was what most people should do. Pray privately.

Reaction Score

Well if Kim would have just said a few of these words today during the media session then she likely avoids near the headache she has now.

I wholeheartedly agree..

But..... Her silence wasn't actually dead silence. It was what most people should do. Pray privately.
Damn.................she had said something along the lines I had asked about too. I don't get it, but who will?

Reaction Score
It was handled not good IMO

Sadly that relationship is dead and she doesn't ever want to comment on BG again. She was asked the question during the end of spring last season and she did make one comment ("hopes she gets home safely") on it but refused to say anything else. I am 100% sure the reporter did it for the clicks because they even asked her the exact same question multiple times during the fall at different events and knew she didn't want to talk about it. Kim could have just said a small comment and left it. Probably should have done that for this as the press conference was covered heavily by media today as its opening practice day.

I hate that opening practice day and all these new faces are getting over looked by this. That is unfortunately the story line today.

I don't think their relationship should have anything to do with it. BG is a human being in a messed up situation. Regardless of how Mulkey feels personally, staying quiet says a lot more than saying something.

Reaction Score
I don't think their relationship should have anything to do with it. BG is a human being in a messed up situation. Regardless of how Mulkey feels personally, staying quiet says a lot more than saying something.
But she wasn't quiet though. Not only she said her piece to the media, but a player also asked her. She said her piece then.

Now if everyone wants to be vocal daily, weekly, monthly. That's their preference, but to harass others that prefer to be silent, doesn't make them look any better.

Could she have handled it better, maybe... Is she obligated to ... Nope. Which comes with the backlash

Reaction Score
It's a bad look overall, but consistent with Kim's character. I don't mean that as negative as it may sound, Kim has her good qualities and also her faults. This is consistent with her demeanor, in that when she doesn't want to say anything she doubles down and pushes back harder.

Should she have said something? Probably but for better or worse that's not "her". I will hand it to her that she can be rough but you don't have to guess what she thinks or where she stands.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don't know Kim's reasons or existing relationship with Griner.

I do remember after Griner punched that Texas Tech player in the face, Mulkey almost cried in a subsequent press conference telling the media that Griner was "such a sweet child" . . . :rolleyes:

Obviously, their relationship has changed after Griner finished her career at Baylor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know Kim's reasons or existing relationship with Griner.

I do remember after Griner punched that Texas Tech player in the face, Mulkey almost cried in a subsequent press conference telling the media that Griner was "such a sweet child" . . .

Obviously, their relationship has changed after Griner finished her career at Baylor.
Their relationship changed quickly after Griner's final game at Baylor. Britneys dad ripped into Mulkey pretty hard shortly after that game claiming she used Britney and once she was no longer valuable to Mulkey she dropped her like a hot rock. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom