LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 8 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She deals with depression and has been for years. I heard she was very close to dropping out of school. Hopefully she can get her degree, wherever that ends up being.
Very sorry to hear that about Hannah. She was a huge talent in high school. More important, I hope she is getting treatment for her depression and can focus on getting her life on track. That is obviously much more important than playing college basketball.

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear that about Hannah. She was a huge talent in high school. More important, I hope she is getting treatment for her depression and can focus on getting her life on track. That is obviously much more important than playing college basketball.
Nothing is official yet but I am hoping for the best with her. She is still on the team as far as I know but things are tricky right now. I believe at one point the coaches gave her time off to get a breather from basketball and go to therapy,etc . She seemed in a better place at first when Angel Reese, Kateri Poole, Flaujae, Sa'Myah Smith and Alisa Williams came in, she had a relationship with a lot of those players for years unlike the LSU team she joined this past year. It seems to be an on and off thing for her. I was looking forward to seeing her this year as she seemed excited weeks ago about the upcoming year.

Reaction Score
Nothing is official yet but I am hoping for the best with her. She is still on the team as far as I know but things are tricky right now. I believe at one point the coaches gave her time off to get a breather from basketball and go to therapy,etc . She seemed in a better place at first when Angel Reese, Kateri Poole, Flaujae, Sa'Myah Smith and Alisa Williams came in, she had a relationship with a lot of those players for years unlike the LSU team she joined this past year. It seems to be an on and off thing for her. I was looking forward to seeing her this year as she seemed excited weeks ago about the upcoming year.
She was definitely excited i saw her on bourbon street during Essence festival with Angel reese and at the time she was in/out the portal and i told her YOU BETTER NOT TRANSFER lol and She said im not im staying & Angel Reese backed the notion. This is terrible news for gusty :(

Reaction Score
With a commitment from Velez, LSU's class grows to 3. Mikaylah Williams, Angelica Velez and Janae Kent. Last two with still no official decision is Maddie Cox and Aalyah Del Rosario.

Taliyah Parker, top prospect in 2024 from Oklahoma is visiting this weekend and Sarah Strong is coming in a few weeks.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
With a commitment from Velez, LSU's class grows to 3. Mikaylah Williams, Angelica Velez and Janae Kent. Last two with still no official decision is Maddie Cox and Aalyah Del Rosario.

Taliyah Parker, top prospect in 2024 from Oklahoma is visiting this weekend and Sarah Strong is coming in a few weeks.
It was my understanding that Taliyah Parkier has moved to Texas, and is playing at South Grand Prairie H.S. in the metroplex area with 2024 elite 6'5 Adhel Tac.

Reaction Score
It was my understanding that Taliyah Parkier has moved to Texas, and is playing at South Grand Prairie H.S. in the metroplex area with 2024 elite 6'5 Adhel Tac.
I read about that yesterday, thats going to be a really good team.

Both will have a lot of plenty of attention over this upcoming year, outstanding players.

Reaction Score
LSU is becoming the new baylor under mulkey , the AD looks like a genius right now with the hire. Hopefully Mulkey can coach for at least 2 more decades. If she does i say she wins at least 1 or 2 more championships and finally gets the Tigers over the Hump. Her Recruiting has been unmatched and she's rivaling Dawn for top players now . The way she maximized the potential of last years team made everyone take notice. No way should that team have won as many games as they did but they played tougher under mulkey per say.

Reaction Score
LSU is becoming the new baylor under mulkey , the AD looks like a genius right now with the hire. Hopefully Mulkey can coach for at least 2 more decades. If she does i say she wins at least 1 or 2 more championships and finally gets the Tigers over the Hump. Her Recruiting has been unmatched and she's rivaling Dawn for top players now . The way she maximized the potential of last years team made everyone take notice. No way should that team have won as many games as they did but they played tougher under mulkey per say.
Kim and LSU still have a long way to go and much to do to even get on par with the run Baylor had over the last decade but she is off to a good start. She has to continue to win and continue to recruit at a high level. I think having the year they had last year really opened the door for them recruiting wise much sooner than they possibly could have expected. If she has another "strong" year I do think recruiting will continue to open up down the road. LSU is still a relatively unknown/unproven program but Kim's resume is a stabilizer for that as of now.

I am hoping they can dramatically improve the defense this coming year. Kims first year was a smashing success but the odd thing to me is a coach who is known for her defenses won games by simply outscoring and out rebounding everyone else. The defense was a hot mess. She did it with a group who was among the worst scoring teams in the country just a year ago. Adding Morris was a game changer but the development of J. Cherry was simply outstanding. Kim will tell you she is very thankful she got left a group of super seniors who were hungry, that made her life much easier. I used to defend Fargas for many things but last year truly highlights so many flaws and how behind she was as a HC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kim and LSU still have a long way to go and much to do to even get on par with the run Baylor had over the last decade but she is off to a good start. She has to continue to win and continue to recruit at a high level. I think having the year they had last year really opened the door for them recruiting wise much sooner than they possibly could have expected. If she has another "strong" year I do think recruiting will continue to open up down the road. LSU is still a relatively unknown/unproven program but Kim's resume is a stabilizer for that as of now.

I am hoping they can dramatically improve the defense this coming year. Kims first year was a smashing success but the odd thing to me is a coach who is known for her defenses won games by simply outscoring and out rebounding everyone else. She did it with a group who was among the worst scoring teams in the country just a year ago. Adding Morris was a game changer but the development of J. Cherry was simply outstanding. Kim will tell you she is very thankful she got left a group of super seniors who were hungry, that made her life much easier. I used to defend Fargas for many things but last year truly highlights so many flaws and how behind she was as a HC.
Yes , the portion where i stated maximized the potential of the team my first thought was of Cherry. She became a totally new player , along with Newby's improvement as the season went on . Not sure what she can do about Gusters i have not seen much change since her high school days here in Dallas with her game .

Reaction Score
Yes , the portion where i stated maximized the potential of the team my first thought was of Cherry. She became a totally new player , along with Newby's improvement as the season went on . Not sure what she can do about Gusters i have not seen much change since her high school days here in Dallas with her game .
Gusters doesn't seem to be engaged with the team anymore from the looks of her social media. She does seem to be in a happier place mentally though. Happy for that. I just think she fell out of love with the sport.

Reaction Score
I see Mulkey is getting hammered on social media for a snarky response regarding Griner. I know those two may not have the best relationship, but I would imagine maintaining good press for your program should be the priority.

Reaction Score
I see Mulkey is getting hammered on social media for a snarky response regarding Griner. I know those two may not have the best relationship, but I would imagine maintaining good press for your program should be the priority.
It was handled not good IMO

Sadly that relationship is dead and she doesn't ever want to comment on BG again. She was asked the question during the end of spring last season and she did make one comment ("hopes she gets home safely") on it but refused to say anything else. I am 100% sure the reporter did it for the clicks because they even asked her the exact same question multiple times during the fall at different events and knew she didn't want to talk about it. Kim could have just said a small comment and left it. Probably should have done that for this as the press conference was covered heavily by media today as its opening practice day.

I hate that opening practice day and all these new faces are getting over looked by this. That is unfortunately the story line today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was handled not good IMO

Sadly that relationship is dead and she doesn't ever want to comment on BG again. She was asked the question during the end of spring last season and she did make one comment ("hopes she gets home safely") on it but refused to say anything else. I am 100% sure the reporter did it for the clicks because they even asked her the exact same question multiple times during the fall at different events and knew she didn't want to talk about it. Kim could have just said a small comment and left it. Probably should have done that for this as the press conference was covered heavily by media today as its opening practice day.

I agree. Almost anything else would have worked, it just makes me sad how their relationship does not seem like it will ever be repaired. Sucks for the student-athletes, because now the only takeaway from today is her comments.

Reaction Score
Honestly. Had she said something, people would still hammer her. It's a lose-lose situation. To me, the only ones she should answer to is her players/and recruits..... They all seem happy with her being their current/future coach. Even with fans tagging them on social media trying to bash Kim.

Reaction Score
Honestly. Had she said something, people would still hammer her. It's a lose-lose situation. To me, the only ones she should answer to is her players/and recruits..... They all seem happy with her being their current/future coach. Even with fans tagging them on social media trying to bash Kim.
Question - had she said something like "she's in our prayers" and left it at that, would that be considered lose-lose?
It's well known that she stays away from issues like this. I've also wondered if she had said something generic, like what I put in quotations, as to whether it have squashed the narrative. I really don't know, but it's been something that pops into mind when it comes up.

Reaction Score
Question - had she said something like "she's in our prayers" and left it at that, would that be considered lose-lose?
It's well known that she stays away from issues like this. I've also wondered if she had said something generic, like what I put in quotations, as to whether it have squashed the narrative. I really don't know, but it's been something that pops into mind when it comes up.
Unfortunately, they would have said the prayers are fake. Trust me. I've seen how bad she was hammered on Twitter.... Now I'm not disagreeing with that response, but the population on social media already made their mind.

Now I feel she should have been said something publicly. But it's not something I would harass her for. Everyone has their own stance. I don't think Kim is against BG, but she just stayed private

Reaction Score
They asked her about it once during end of last year and she had one small comment saying she hopes she gets home safe but wouldn't go further as they pressed her for more info at the time. It was apparent all summer and fall, at multiple events LSU hosted she got asked this question and shot it down immediately. This was the first time they got it live on camera since its media day for opening practice. Cory was doing it to get attention because he was at an event in Lafayette where Kim spoke and asked the same thing.

She would get grilled regardless. They would call her comments fake, not sincere, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, they would have said the prayers are fake. Trust me. I've seen how bad she was hammered on Twitter.... Now I'm not disagreeing with that response, but the population on social media already made their mind.

Now I feel she should have been said something publicly. But it's not something I would harass her for. Everyone has their own stance. I don't think Kim is against BG, but she just stayed private

They asked her about it once during end of last year and she had one small comment saying she hopes she gets home safe but wouldn't go further as they pressed her for more info at the time. It was apparent all summer and fall, at multiple events LSU hosted she got asked this question and shot it down immediately. This was the first time they got it live on camera since its media day for opening practice. Cory was doing it to get attention because he was at an event in Lafayette where Kim spoke and asked the same thing.

She would get grilled regardless. They would call her comments fake, not sincere, etc.

Thanks for the insight, especially the note about the earlier comment she made. I hadn't read about that. From my perspective, the "I hope she gets home safe" is along the lines of the example I put out. I would have thought that would have sufficed but as you both noted, I'm woefully naive here.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight, especially the note about the earlier comment she made. I hadn't read about that. From my perspective, the "I hope she gets home safe" is along the lines of the example I put out. I would have thought that would have sufficed but as you both noted, I'm woefully naive here.
I think people are more upset or questioning why she hasn't put out an 'official statement' like on twitter/IG but thats never going to happen. The harsh reality is the BG/KM relationship ended ugly and is dead sadly. She made one small comment over the situation once (which was actually a fine comment) and is never ever going to address it agin. I fear the next time its asked she will legit blow a gasket and it won't be pretty. She will never answer another BG question publicly again IMO. She will for recruits though and their families, I am sure that is 100% brought up.

Reaction Score
I think people are more upset or questioning why she hasn't put out an 'official statement' like on twitter/IG but thats never going to happen. The harsh reality is the BG/KM relationship ended ugly and is dead sadly. She made one small comment over the situation once (which was actually a fine comment) and is never ever going to address it agin. I fear the next time its asked she will legit blow a gasket and it won't be pretty. She will never answer another BG question publicly again IMO. She will for recruits though and their families, I am sure that is 100% brought up.
By the sounds of what you and dwilliams02 noted, an official statement wouldn't have likely sufficed either. We've gotten to a point where nothing will appease anyone if their mind is fixated on one perspective. They'll see something wrong with it regardless. :(

Reaction Score
By the sounds of what you and dwilliams02 noted, an official statement wouldn't have likely sufficed either. We've gotten to a point where nothing will appease anyone if their mind is fixated on one perspective. They'll see something wrong with it regardless. :(
An official statement would take some heat off but she would get some regardless. About as far as it will go IMO.

Reaction Score
Think this will hurt any of LSU’s remaining 23 recruits, like ADR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom