LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 10 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Gusters doesn't seem to be engaged with the team anymore from the looks of her social media. She does seem to be in a happier place mentally though. Happy for that. I just think she fell out of love with the sport.
And she's no longer listed on the LSU WBB roster.

Reaction Score
From June 28th...not sure why people love to hate Mulkey. Well i am sure , but it should not be for this situation at least .. No i dont think she will lose any current recruits over it either.

I don't agree with everything Kim say or do. But I would never. Create a false narrative on her.
I'm glad this actually came to light. And I feel the Twitter world owes her an apology.

Oh and people who are highlighting her former players.
Queen never really had a great relationship with Kim to begin with. All them suspensions.

Chloe was there for a year, so the relationship isn't exactly strong there either.

Now Gusters..... She already threw Kim under the bus all summer.

Reaction Score
From June 28th...not sure why people love to hate Mulkey. Well i am sure , but it should not be for this situation at least .. No i dont think she will lose any current recruits over it either.

Kim could have easily avoided this issue by saying she previously addressed it or just say she hopes BG gets home soon.

No reason to respond like she did. It is now all over the media and at the minimum, she will be asked about it by recruits and parents and some coaches will use this in negative recruiting.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with everything Kim say or do. But I would never. Create a false narrative on her.
I'm glad this actually came to light. And I feel the Twitter world owes her an apology.

Queen never really had a great relationship with Kim to begin with. All them suspensions.

Chloe was there for a year, so the relationship isn't exactly strong there either.

MA Voepel was out with the quote where she discussed it yesterday. He deserves some credit for providing the other side of the story too.

Reaction Score
Kim could have easily avoided this issue by saying she previously addressed it or just say she hopes BG gets home soon.

No reason to respond like she did. It is now all over the media and at the minimum, she will be asked about it by recruits and parents and some coaches will use this in negative recruiting.
Part of Kim’s problem is she reacts so bluntly on so many things. It’s how she says things that gets her into trouble. I personally don’t think the intention was ill, how it all unfolded and looked is another issue. It was actually address previously but she snapped at it being asked again in front of a bunch of media members. If there were an area she badly needs help with its this but she is never going to change.

I’d love to be able to focus on the actual team who has some very talented players and I was looking forward to watching soon. Those girls should be the focus surrounding the program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Perhaps you should be wondering where are all the former players coming to Kim's defense? I don't scour twitter or any social media so I might have missed it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Clearly, Twitter handle "Dallas TRASHboys" did not do his research, because Mulkey has recruited more than her share of 5-star recruits over the past 10+ years. Dare I say the username checks out?

She's indeed getting hammered social-media style, but this is nothing compared to the blowback she got over her "knock 'em right in the face" comment, not to mention other mini-scandals. Something tells me she's thoroughly unbothered by this brouhaha.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I would love to hear Dawn's thoughts!

Dawn has spoken on Griner extensively. Probably more than any other coach has publicly.

I would prefer SC's focus be on our quiet '23 recruiting class. Sign some players. Keep us out of this one.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Dawn has spoken on Griner extensively. Probably more than any other coach has publicly.

I would prefer SC's focus be on our quiet '23 recruiting class. Sign some players. Keep us out of this one.
+1. Dawn Staley right now:

taylor-swift.gif

Far be it for me to defend Mulkey given how many times I've been the first to criticize her, but wow the knives sure came out fast for what I feel like was a snippy, inelegant answer to an annoying reporter, not an expression of her feelings about the fate of BG.

Cleary actual college hoops can’t come back fast enough!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Love to hate?? Hmmm…. Her remarks about the football teams’ issues were where it began for me. This just added to it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Would those defending Mulkey for her apparently careless response to the Griner question be so forgiving of Geno if he snapped the same response when he’s asked about Paige’s recovery for the billionth time? Coaches make millions of dollars to be the face of a program, they don’t get the luxury of deciding when. Would it kill her to memorize “I hope she’s home soon”?

It’s not a good look for LSU or Mulkey

Reaction Score
Did anything else happen during this media day? Any conversations with players on the new season? I've tried to find stuff online and haven't had much luck.

Reaction Score

Now i wont go as far saying she's owed an apology now LOL

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Back to basketball, supposedly Sa’Myah Smth and Flaujae stood out in practice along with Reese and Ladazhia Williams
That sounds like a tough team (to spell ;))

Reaction Score
Clearly, Twitter handle "Dallas TRASHboys" did not do his research, because Mulkey has recruited more than her share of 5-star recruits over the past 10+ years. Dare I say the username checks out?

She's indeed getting hammered social-media style, but this is nothing compared to the blowback she got over her "knock 'em right in the face" comment, not to mention other mini-scandals. Something tells me she's thoroughly unbothered by this brouhaha.
I used to find her antics mildly amusing: the jacket tossing, sliding across the court, etc, but that whole punch em in the face comment left a sour taste in my mouth. She’s always been a drama queen to the nth degree and I’m sure she’s relishing all this attention and publicity.

Reaction Score
Would those defending Mulkey for her apparently careless response to the Griner question be so forgiving of Geno if he snapped the same response when he’s asked about Paige’s recovery for the billionth time? Coaches make millions of dollars to be the face of a program, they don’t get the luxury of deciding when. Would it kill her to memorize “I hope she’s home soon”?

It’s not a good look for LSU or Mulkey

All of this. One of Klutch Sports' most notable female agents was on Twitter insinuating how she now will have to seriously consider if she wants to work with players that decide to play for LSU. Gusters actually commented on this very post. As the coach, you are responsible for keeping your program in a positive light as much as you can. It is not always fair, but you are speaking on behalf of the program you are running. The people that choose to play or work for you will always be linked to how you handle situations.

I also have seen Alexis Morris and some of her staff being somewhat snarky about the situation and getting roasted in return as well. Egbo pretty much listed the negative things Mulkey has said about Alexis in the past. Sometimes it's just best to think before you speak when you are representing a much larger entity. Kim never has really cared about that though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All of this. One of Klutch Sports' most notable female agent was on Twitter insinuating how she now will have to seriously consider if she wants to work with players that decide to play for LSU. Gusters actually commented on this very post. As the coach, you are responsible for keeping your program in a positive light as much as you can. It is not always fair, but you are speaking on behalf of the program you are running. The people that choose to play or work for you will always be linked to how you handle situations.

I also have seen Alexis Morris and some of her staff being somewhat snarky about the situation and getting roasted in return as well. Egbo pretty much listed the negative things Mulkey has said about Alexis in the past. Sometimes it's just best to think before you speak when you are representing a much larger entity. Kim never has really cared about that though.
“Sometimes it's just best to think before you speak when you are representing a much larger entity.”
I agree with this. There are actually several coaches that should follow this advice, especially when they don’t have all the facts of a situation.

Reaction Score
My thought bubble: Is it possible to find a place where one can be loved AND also taught how to use your / you're and the meaning of 'literally'?

<levity intended>
I know most people could careless but its a good case and point as its the principal that matters. I have a deep seeded opinion that they’re some grammar mistakes that can’t be over looked. For all intensive purposes you have to nip these things in the butt. It wrecks havoc on the English language. That said: please precede with you’re day.

Reaction Score
My thought bubble: Is it possible to find a place where one can be loved AND also taught how to use your / you're and the meaning of 'literally'?

<levity intended>
C'mon old guy! Grammar and spelling are optional in the twitterverse.

Saw an e article alleging that millinials don't know how to read cursive. Sure, writing takes practice, but reading . . .?

Maybe, I need to create a translation app for reading cursive. I'll be rich!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know most people could careless but its a good case and point as its the principal that matters. I have a deep seeded opinion that they’re some grammar mistakes that can’t be over looked. For all intensive purposes you have to nip these things in the butt. It wrecks havoc on the English language. That said: please precede with you’re day.
Well done ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And on that note, Lexi Gordon has weighed in:

As a native Texan, I greatly appreciate the correct spelling of "y'all" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom