LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 12 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Mulkey made CNN this can't be good but what can the AD say ? Speak out support Brittney Griner an ex player at the coaches Ex School ? Damned if she does Damned if she doesn't ....and im not even a Mulkey Fan but this is just too much . Sometimes if you dont have anything good to say you dont say anything at all which she may have had as an approach but maybe she didn't and the narrative is spiraling out of control now.
I'm of the school of thought that any player who graduated from a program is always considered "family". I can't imagine Geno, Tara, Dawn or the late Pat (RIP) not publicly supporting an "ex" player if they were in the same situation.

Reaction Score
I got to watch a scrimmage this week. With all the chatter about Reese, I was actually really impressed with Carson, Ladazhia, and Flaujae.

Based on what I have heard/seen so far, I predict the starting 5 at the start of the season will be Morris, Carson, Payne/Poole, Reese, Ladazhia Williams. I honestly think Payne is one of the better defenders but there are many other players with much more upside offensively. Kim doesn't seem to want Morris to be the full time PG as she thinks Morris would be just as important being an off ball scorer but plans to use her in many ways.

I'm skeptical if this is going to last but there was much more 3 point shooting than I anticipated from a Kim Mulkey team. Flaujae, Carson and Morris shot exceptionally well from deep. Reese did not shoot any 3's but saw a lot of mid range shooting from her which she did pretty well. It seems apparent they are trying to develop her mid range more from what I've seen.

Others note:

Sa'Myah Smith had some impressive moments. Still has to develop a little more offensively but had a big impact defensively rebounding and shot blocking. She got beat by Reese on a drive but recovered and had an emphatic block. Just super lengthy and long. The talent is certainly there. Will be interesting to see how she develops.

Alisa Williams is intriguing, I don't anticipate she plays much early on but they are working with her at the 3/4. Has great size at 6'2 with a great 3 point shot. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.

Reaction Score
I got to watch a scrimmage this week. With all the chatter about Reese, I was actually really impressed with Carson, Ladazhia, and Flaujae.

Based on what I have heard/seen so far, I predict the starting 5 at the start of the season will be Morris, Carson, Payne/Poole, Reese, Ladazhia Williams. I honestly think Payne is one of the better defenders but there are many other players with much more upside offensively. Kim doesn't seem to want Morris to be the full time PG as she thinks Morris would be just as important being an off ball scorer but plans to use her in many ways.

I'm skeptical if this is going to last but there was much more 3 point shooting than I anticipated from a Kim Mulkey team. Flaujae, Carson and Morris shot exceptionally well from deep. Reese did not shoot any 3's but saw a lot of mid range shooting from her which she did pretty well. It seems apparent they are trying to develop her mid range more from what I've seen.

Others note:

Sa'Myah Smith had some impressive moments. Still has to develop a little more offensively but had a big impact defensively rebounding and shot blocking. She got beat by Reese on a drive but recovered and had an emphatic block. Just super lengthy and long. The talent is certainly there. Will be interesting to see how she develops.

Alisa Williams is intriguing, I don't anticipate she plays much early on but they are working with her at the 3/4. Has great size at 6'2 with a great 3 point shot. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.
Good read. The more we get out of everyone outside of Reese. The better the team will be tbh

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Well, Kim handled the BG question better this time.

Reaction Score
No clue what she said nor did I watch media day. Assuming Twitter is not happy by what she said or didn’t say

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Like her or not, this woman is not capable of giving a dull interview.

Reaction Score
All that other drama aside, I enjoyed hearing about the new assistants, especially Bob Starkey and the full circle of coming home. One of the best people you could ever meet! I’ve know him for over 20+ years. Happy to see he gets to end his career where he spent most of his coaching career at.

Incredible the secretary for LSU WBB program has been with the program since Gunter was there through Pokey Chatman, Van Chancellor, Nikki Fargas and now Mulkey.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I’m so happy.

Now onto the season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Quickly zipped up all of the TN and SC acolytes who cynically and opportunistically swarmed over the Griner situation. "nO rEcRUit wILl PlaY fOr heR", they said lol

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Quicky zipped up all of the TN and SC acolytes who cynically and opportunistically swarmed over the Griner situation. "nO rEcRUit wILl PlaY fOr heR", they said lol
My thoughts exactly. Kim got the last laugh, and I love it.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm 99% sure we are. We really only focused on Velez, Rosario, and Cox the last 3 months, but Cox is off to NC St.
Replied at the same time. Lol.

Reaction Score
Quicky zipped up all of the TN and SC acolytes who cynically and opportunistically swarmed over the Griner situation. "nO rEcRUit wILl PlaY fOr heR", they said lol
Myth making?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm 99% sure we are. We really only focused on Velez, Rosario, and Cox the last 3 months, but Cox is off to NC St.
Williams, ADR, Velez… not bad at all, really good in fact.. those 3 alone will give you a top 5 or so class regardless of how things shake out with the other uncommitted players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom