LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 14 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm liking the Poa pickup as well. I've always been skeptical on JUCO kids but she had a pretty tremendous offer list for a JUCO kid (A lot of top 20 schools offered) but I like what I've seen so far.
Copy That Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I don't see Ware staying beyond this year. I'm calling it now.

Reaction Score
I don't see Ware staying beyond this year. I'm calling it now.
I think most could call that a mile a way. Seems like a good kid but I can't see her playing much this year or ever moving forward. She is the last Fargas recruit. Showed some potential early last year but I see much better kids in front of her.

Reaction Score

Everyone who suits up tomorrow should play in a bubble at this point

On the flip side, can experiment with Poa and others.

Reaction Score

Everyone who suits up tomorrow should play in a bubble at this point

On the flip side, can experiment with Poa and others.

Are there some minor injuries with Reese and Morris? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Are there some minor injuries with Reese and Morris? Thanks.
In the presser said they know what Morris and Angel can do, more concerned about the background of the team and rotation behind them. Sounds like they want to use it for the other newcomers and freshmen who came in.

Seems more precautionary which I get. I saw Reese icing her ankle the other day and Morris took a shot to the face early in the last exhibition which she did not come back. Payne broke her nose (again) and was dealing with confusion protocols.

If anyone is banged up, it would be wise not to play them. It's just an exhibition anyways.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
What a get Poa was! I really like what I see.

Reaction Score
I can tell already there is going to be lots of different lineups this year outside of Morris/Angel/Ladazhia.

These are two non competitive teams but I've been quite impressed with Jasmine Carson. Looks much different than I recall at WVU. I know she was pretty solid her 2nd year at GT but she seemed to not do as well after she transferred out.

Im loving Sa'Myah @Plebe the only thing frustrating with her is her free throw shooting. She clearly needs another year to put on more muscle, that won't cut it in conference play but there is no doubt she'll eventually be a good one.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I can tell already there is going to be lots of different lineups this year outside of Morris/Angel/Ladazhia.

These are two non competitive teams but I've been quite impressed with Jasmine Carson. Looks much different than I recall at WVU. I know she was pretty solid her 2nd year at GT but she seemed to not do as well after she transferred out.

Im loving Sa'Myah @Plebe the only thing frustrating with her is her free throw shooting. She clearly needs another year to put on more muscle, that won't cut it in conference play but there is no doubt she'll eventually be a good one.
Smith has so much upside.

Reaction Score
My biggest issue with Flaujae (which I have noted back to her AAU days) is she lets way too many small things completely take her out of games. Like a couple missed shots then she gets into a really bad funk. She will need to learn to move on, instead she is pressing and taking horrific shots.

With that said, her defense will let her play a lot. Its actually her strongest attribute early on which I like a lot.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Lord I talk bad about Ware a week earlier and she looks easily our best player tonight next to Sa'Myah.
I know, right?

We'll see if she can break into the rotation though we have a lot of depth at guard spots.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
My biggest issue with Flaujae (which I have noted back to her AAU days) is she lets way too many small things completely take her out of games. Like a couple missed shots then she gets into a really bad funk. She will need to learn to move on, instead she is pressing and taking horrific shots.

With that said, her defense will let her play a lot. Its actually her strongest attribute early on which I like a lot.
Kim has said the same multiple times. I'm sure she'll get there.

Reaction Score
I know, right?

We'll see if she can break into the rotation though we have a lot of depth at guard spots.
I mean I see way more out of her than Poole. She is so much more agile, quick and seems to know how to penetrate defenses

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I mean I see way more out of her than Poole. She is so much more agile, quick and seems to know how to penetrate defenses
I've liked Poole.

A Goofy Movie Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
I've liked Poole.

A Goofy Movie Reaction GIF
I like Poole also but lord she frustrates me how many WIDE open shots she misses.

I look forward to seeing the lineup with Reese and Morris next week.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I like Poole also but lord she frustrates me how many WIDE open shots she misses.

I look forward to seeing the lineup with Reese and Morris next week.
That frustrates me too. However, I think she could be a match up problem for smaller guards, especially with her driving to the basket.

Monday can't come soon enough!

Reaction Score
That frustrates me too. However, I think she could be a match up problem for smaller guards, especially with her driving to the basket.

Monday can't come soon enough!
If she's gotten rid of her tendency to look for fouls, I'd be in agreement. That seemed to be a habit of hers from what I watched in the Ohio State games I've watched.

Her time at Ohio State was perplexing. There seemed to be a lot of excitement over her commitment. Big things were expected out of her was my impression. She went from starting freshman in 2020 (if memory is correct) to coming off the bench last season.

Yes, she did deal with injuries last year but it doesn't explain everything. There were times she was undisciplined, picking up cheap fouls. Decisions made while ball handling that were head scratchers. I really hope she has a great season. The high school footage of her was impressive.

Reaction Score
If she's gotten rid of her tendency to look for fouls, I'd be in agreement. That seemed to be a habit of hers from what I watched in the Ohio State games I've watched.

Her time at Ohio State was perplexing. There seemed to be a lot of excitement over her commitment. Big things were expected out of her was my impression. She went from starting freshman in 2020 (if memory is correct) to coming off the bench last season.

Yes, she did deal with injuries last year but it doesn't explain everything. There were times she was undisciplined, picking up cheap fouls. Decisions made while ball handling that were head scratchers. I really hope she has a great season. The high school footage of her was impressive.
I strongly dislike that she drives into the lane and basically hesitates and looks indecisive when she gets near the basket. She doesn't go up strong with a shot, instead looks for a foul to get called. An out of control player driving the ball inside and looks indecisive when trying to shoot is NEVER going to get that call.

She has a lot of learning to do. Certainly has some good ball handling skills and she is physical, competes for rebounds. But her decision making will have to clean up significantly if she wants to break into the rotation regularly.

Reaction Score
Lord I talk bad about Ware a week earlier and she looks easily our best player tonight next to Sa'Myah.
I really like Ware's game. With growth she can be a very good player. She actually fits what Kim likes to run. Very good passer. Sometimes her passes look a bit too flashy. But good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom