LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 15 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can take absolutely nothing away due to the opponent but excited to see how the team continues to gel. Ridiculous though that the OOC schedule is this horrendous with this level of talent, its somewhat insulting.

We all know Reese and Morris were great but more encouraged by the other pieces. I'm loving Sa'Myah Smith and what Flaujae are doing. Carson honestly has been one of the biggest surprise to me, for someone not so highly recruited and quiet at WVU, I've been impressed what I've seen from her all 3 games so far.

I think Poole is inching closer and closer for minutes at the PG spot. Love Poa but its becoming apparent she isn't nearly as comfortable as PG than she is off the ball (which is what she did all of JUCO).

Payne, I hope its mostly due to rust from her injury but I think its clear they will roll with the younger kids down the road. Same thing with Ware, she is too highly inconsistent to get meaningful minutes IMO.

Reaction Score
Re Ward getting her scholarship. LSU also put out a video that I saw on Twitter which was awesome. She thought she was just getting a letter from Coach Mulkey. The genuine surprise on her face, this is what makes college sports special. It's nice to see great moments like this.

Reaction Score
FhJFer7VQAAH1mK

Super excited about this group. Haven’t had a class like this since Sylvia Fowles days. Only other spot they could have added to the PF, but with Reese here for another year and Sa’Myah looking to be a major addition they should be alright in this spot for a bit.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
FhJFer7VQAAH1mK

Super excited about this group. Haven’t had a class like this since Sylvia Fowles days. Only other spot they could have added to the PF, but with Reese here for another year and Sa’Myah looking to be a major addition they should be alright in this spot for a bit.
So excited!!!

Reaction Score

I figured she would transfer eventually basically only coming in when the walks ons do but I wish Timia the best. She could be a nice add for someone. I wonder if she would go back to Illinois?

Kind of odd to wait to late to do this

Reaction Score
I figured she would transfer eventually basically only coming in when the walks ons do but I wish Timia the best. She could be a nice add for someone. I wonder if she would go back to Illinois?

Sounds like maybe she finally saw the handwriting on the wall. Some pretty strong guards ahead of her now.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Rutgers will take her. ;)

Reaction Score
Sounds like maybe she finally saw the handwriting on the wall. Some pretty strong guards ahead of her now.
I like Ware a lot. When she is on she can be electric, I just think the consistency wasn’t there for more minutes. I think she will be a good one for whoever picks her up!

I think that’s the last Fargas recruit outside of Payne? (Scholarship one)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Did she play already and burn this season of eligibility?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Kim said in todays post game press conference that the schedule was finished before they knew Angel Reese was going to be on the team.

Sounds like it might be better next year.

Reaction Score
Better be, I love watching these players but these games are a snooze. I don't see how anyone gets better outside some of the freshmen getting their feet wet.

Still could have easily schedule a few decent teams (doesn't have to be top 10) even without Reese and the other transfers coming. Sprinkle in a few decent mid majors and a couple power 5 teams, not that difficult IMO

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kim said in todays post game press conference that the schedule was finished before they knew Angel Reese was going to be on the team.

Well it would be darn near impossible for it to be any worse. Not saying much tbh

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Better be, I love watching these players but these games are a snooze. I don't see how anyone gets better outside some of the freshmen getting their feet wet.

Still could have easily schedule a few decent teams (doesn't have to be top 10) even without Reese and the other transfers coming. Sprinkle in a few decent mid majors and a couple power 5 teams, not that difficult IMO
I don't know what you mean a snooze. I'm just sitting here watching:

I Love Food Reaction GIF by Superstore

Reaction Score

She said those same things at Baylor ...only scheduled top competition when she had 2 premier bigs or a top recruiting class .

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She said those same things at Baylor ...only scheduled top competition when she had 2 premier bigs or a top recruiting class .
Which she has next year. What’s your point?

Reaction Score
Even when she had Brittany and Lauren/Kaloni, she would maybe schedule 1 top team in non conference. Since the Big 12 was not very competitive during much of Kim’s time at Baylor, many Baylor fans felt this “ soft scheduling” had an effective on the team’s performance in NCAA tournament some years. At least in SEC, she will have to play competitive teams in conference play.

Reaction Score
Interesting this is the 2nd time Cambridge has visited. I will continue to stand on the position of 'we have no shot like M. Williams and ADR :(
Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 3.38.19 PM.png

Addison Deal (25) will be back again next month. That will be the third time this year for her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog