Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen

Reaction Score
As if this thread wasn't embarrassing enough, it looks we are the ones who nixed the one possible date on which the makeup game could have been played.
What? Remember page 1 where you were saying it was nonsense that PC ducked us because the Big East controls the rescheduling? We didn't nix anything

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What? Remember page 1 where you were saying it was nonsense that PC ducked us because the Big East controls the rescheduling? We didn't nix anything
I'm talking about the Hurley quote I quoted in my reply. I didn't say anything about the Big East, although I gather they made the call. My point is that Hurley certainly had an issue with the February 3rd date according to the quote. Not saying he's wrong, just that it reinforces how stupid the fabricated narrative some have spun here sounds.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the Hurley quote I quoted in my reply. I didn't say anything about the Big East, although I gather they made the call. My point is that Hurley certainly had an issue with the February 3rd date according to the quote. Not saying he's wrong, just that it reinforces how stupid the fabricated narrative some have spun here sounds.
Yeah but my point is that Feb 3 wasn't an available date because it didn't meet the Big East rules for when a game could be rescheduled for. We would literally be playing too many games in 2 weeks

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah but my point is that Feb 3 wasn't an available date because it didn't meet the Big East rules for when a game could be rescheduled for. We would literally be playing too many games in 2 weeks
It seemed to be an open question depending on how they measured the weeks, even according to you. My point is that the Hurley quotes didn't say it wasn't possible; they said it would be tough.

I don't know the answer, but the suggestion that PC is ducking us looks even sillier against that backdrop.

Reaction Score
Sad is spending your Friday night on another teams message board arguing with fans of another team. Never got that. Who has time to be defender of all things Providence or UConn or anyone else. People say dumb crap on the internet, much of which isn't true. Shocker! Acting surprised that other people's opinion don't match your own is the real crime here.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Not sure your interpretation of his quote is on point. The way I read it, he’s just agreeing with the decision that was made. I could be wrong, but as others have mentioned, these decisions come from the BE, not the teams.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sometimes I think that MSG is a bigger advantage than Hartford for UCONN,
SOMETIMES?
Garden games are always BIG games, and UConn fans show up big for meaningful games there. Were you not around for Jarvis' "Ticketgate"?

Reaction Score
It seemed to be an open question depending on how they measured the weeks, even according to you. My point is that the Hurley quotes didn't say it wasn't possible; they said it would be tough.

I don't know the answer, but the suggestion that PC is ducking us looks even sillier against that backdrop.
I agree, the idea that PC was ducking us was always an insane take. As is the one that we're ducking them

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure your interpretation of his quote is on point. The way I read it, he’s just agreeing with the decision that was made. I could be wrong, but as others have mentioned, these decisions come from the BE, not the teams.
That’s fair; always tricky extrapolating from one quote. Either way, his quote conclusively puts the lie to the notion that PC is ducking is.

Reaction Score
It's very simple. For anyone who thinks the game should be rescheduled, find a date on the schedule where it can be played. Just remember that everyone agreed that no games will be played on consecutive days, and a team won't play 3 games a week in consecutive weeks.

Reaction Score
Also Stu Jackson directly addresses the PC/UConn game in the podcast where the McNamara tweet comes from. He says they lined up the UConn/PC schedules and there were 0 dates available to reschedule based on their parameters

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They don’t have to clean up the Dunk after the game?

Reaction Score
It's very simple. For anyone who thinks the game should be rescheduled, find a date on the schedule where it can be played. Just remember that everyone agreed that no games will be played on consecutive days, and a team won't play 3 games a week in consecutive weeks.
It is very simple. February 3rd. Play the game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

To be even more fair, Providence has a recent history of beating us without our best player, then getting smoked in the return game when we're fully healthy. Congrats for avoiding us this time around.

Reaction Score
I did not know that PC ran the big east.

They might run the big east in terms of being mediocre? Sure!

Has providence done anything in the past decade while "running" the big east? I did not know that finishing towards the bottom most of the time is running the big east. More like PC "running" themselves into mediocrity. Your ceiling is making the tournament and that's honestly the goal for PC at this point. The process repeats where the mighty Friars go for 5 seasons where they are bang average and they question Ed, and the moment he has a decent/good season they get another 5 years of mediocrity. Please keep running the big east!

The last two times you beat us was us without bouknight, and then us without Martin/Sanogo

Reaction Score

C’mon we just beat Butler twice and ripped up Georgetown of course we should be Top 10 and puffing our chests FJ :rolleyes: ;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm sure their team and especially their season ticket holders and athletic department want to play this game

I know UConn wouldn't want to refund all those ticket sales. Or give me a credit for next year

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
C’mon we just beat Butler twice and ripped up Georgetown of course we should be Top 10 and puffing our chests FJ :rolleyes: ;)

Actually, we shouldn't even be ranked

:)

Reaction Score

We lost to MSU by 3 without Whaley. Lost to WVU at their place without Martin and Sanogo by 3. We lost to you without Sanogo I would believe we’d be a much different team with him on the court. Truth is when fully Healthy they’ve played much better but now it’s time to prove it.

Both of our teams are good let’s see where it goes. Would like our chances in the Garden at full strength I admit.

Reaction Score
Well sorry, I didn't follow the entirety of the thread
Anyway
Get the Beat Providence shirts out!

Reaction Score

Stupid post are you saying Flannigan killed Auburn? He’s a nice player but he’s not close to us without Sanogo. And Marquette didn’t have Morsell right but we didn’t have Martin and Sanogo played 12 minutes first game back. They were home that’s a really good win you don’t have that one. Now you are getting irritating!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom