Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen

Reaction Score
From KenPom:

The easiest one to understand is Luck, which is the deviation in winning percentage between a team’s actual record and their expected record using the correlated gaussian method. The luck factor has nothing to do with the rating calculation, but a team that is very lucky (positive numbers) will tend to be rated lower by my system than their record would suggest.

Maybe "luck" is the wrong word. "Fluke" is more accurate.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@8893 got it. I hadn’t seen that. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to play the Providence game it was that February 3 was too tough because of the schedule.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m looking forward to it, personally. Do you want to be the top dog you got to beat the top dog.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is BS I want another shot at them. I think we’re the better team.

Reaction Score
@8893 got it. I hadn’t seen that. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to play the Providence game it was that February 3 was too tough because of the schedule.
No one who knows anything about basketball thinks either team was avoiding the other. Because both teams are looking like they're going to be top 4 seeds, the game was high reward, low risk for both of them. Providence probably wanted the game more, only because they are losing a sold out game with a million dollar gate.

Reaction Score
Providence beat Wisconsin by five without Johnny Davis.

Providence beat UConn by four without Sanogo.

Providence beat Seton Hall by five without either of their bigs.

Call it luck. Call it a fluke. Pick one.

Reaction Score
This what I was referring, so I guess @navery12 we are just making stuff up as we go along?
No we're learning as we go along with the facts that are released. With the comments about the UConn/PC game we now know they must be going Monday-Sunday for a week

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why anyone cares so much about Providence ? they ve won like 1 tourney game since the days of Austin croshere. They haven’t had a decently ranked team since Brady took over for Bledsoe. I hear it from my brother-in-law who is a PC grad every year, come November— every year they start decently hot and then come big East play -they fade. they just so happen to be playing a little better a little longer this year. They can beat us in the regular season —- our program and pedigree over the last 20 years vs theirs makes this a non-conversation —It’s like me playing my little sister in hoops. let the chips fall where they may in March and we all know what’s going to happen. Horschler scares u???? Lolololol. Wud love to play them again but not gonna happen. Side note : I always root for Big East teams come tournament time and Friar J , I will admit , even though I’m talking a little trash on the thread that game in the XL in December was a crusher-, the crowd was so amped for that game - but UConn was awful. I will give u credit for that win. (Even though we were missing our best player)- but the same can be said for the Auburn game too. Enjoy the snow and the hoops today - good day to bet on some games and chill with the fam

Reaction Score
SOMETIMES?
Garden games are always BIG games, and UConn fans show up big for meaningful games there. Were you not around for Jarvis' "Ticketgate"?
Yes I remember Jarvis having ST John's not releasing tickets for sale to the general public to a week or so before the game to limit the UCONN fans but we always made the Garden our home.

Games at Alumni Hall on ST Johns campus were always great too

See you on the 13th?

CL82

Reaction Score
No one who knows anything about basketball thinks either team was avoiding the other. Because both teams are looking like they're going to be top 4 seeds, the game was high reward, low risk for both of them. Providence probably wanted the game more, only because they are losing a sold out game with a million dollar gate.
Yep, that’s why this thread is best read a little tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
This is BS I want another shot at them. I think we’re the better team.
Providence is a tough team, with that said we are the better team. I would love to play them again this year. Just might happen during the BE tournament. We are one of the legitimate top teams in the country and you do not want to see UConn on your schedule right now. We are starting to get comfortable with our squad at pretty much full strength. Rotations are much better, Hurley is on the uptick regarding to in game coaching, Hawk is starting to believe in himself. Now is the time. Providence who?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yes I remember Jarvis having ST John's not releasing tickets for sale to the general public to a week or so before the game to limit the UCONN fans but we always made the Garden our home.

Games at Alumni Hall on ST Johns campus were always great too

See you on the 13th?
I'm too damned old and infirm to do the garden any more, dammit.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Good lord, nobody is saying you're a bad team. You just refuse to admit that you've had some breaks go your way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Pretty sure we would. It would be nice to have a game with you guys at full strength. PC has really profited by playing teams like Connecticut and Seton Hall when they were Covid depleted.
Hurley already nixed the 02/03 game - citing scheduling issues
I think both teams want to play
It ain't happening so let's get on with our lives........................

Let's see them and their 100 fans at MSG in March where the rubber hits the road and UConn is King

Reaction Score
No trash talking here, did I not say that Providence is tough. Just stating how we are trending and we lost all of our games by around 15 points to some tough teams without some of our best players playing, forget the quads. You guys have a very good squad this year and you have a great coach too. My take on Providence who? Is who cares if we play you, would we like too? Of course however we do or don't let's move on and see.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Really, you are crowing about the UConn and Seton hall wins against depleted teams? That is so Providence College.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom