Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen

Reaction Score

Texas Tech is a good win no matter where, I like that team I believe they will be dangerous come March.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is he really? I didn’t know that. Between that and his wife salary as a police officer, it seems pretty unlikely that he would ever leave Providence.

CL82

Reaction Score
And what? The antidote for stupid is more stupid?

Even for the Boneyard this thread is amazing, BECAUSE WE ALSO WALKED AWAY FROM GAMES BECAUSE OF COVID. How can a sane person want some teams to have to forfeit and others not based on which games the Conference reschedules and which it doesn't.
I feel as if you’re not getting into the spirit of this thread.

CL82

Reaction Score
I wasn’t trying to be. I am legitimately amazed that PC invested that much in him. Don’t get me wrong, I view it as a good thing. From what I hear he’s a pretty good guy and it’s good for smaller schools to be able to hold on to coaches long term.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I’m going to be pissed if they hold the tie breaker over us because of this if it comes down to who wins the regular season BE title.

CL82

Reaction Score
That would require UConn to play 3 games in consecutive weeks, but thanks for playing.
Yeah, it’s weird though. If you break up the week like Sunday to Saturday instead of Monday to Sunday it works. It’s a shame they won’t allow the schools to just waive that requirement. I’m sure UConn wood and it would be a big payday for Providence.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s weird though. If you break up the week like Sunday to Saturday instead of Monday to Sunday it works. It’s a shame they won’t allow the schools to just waive that requirement. I’m sure UConn wood and it would be a big payday for Providence.
UConn wouldn't waive that requirement.

Reaction Score
Is this a change? There was a thread on Marquette not being able to reschedule a game and the argument was the week was Sunday to Saturday

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Providence will lose at least one more game the rest of the way. In that case, if we win out we are Big East champs. It's up to us regardless of anybody else so complaining about Providence playing three less games is moot.

Reaction Score
Kenpom sorted by "Luck"

1643473777402.png

CL82

Reaction Score
UConn wouldn't waive that requirement.
Pretty sure we would. It would be nice to have a game with you guys at full strength. PC has really profited by playing teams like Connecticut and Seton Hall when they were Covid depleted.

Reaction Score
I’m going to be pissed if they hold the tie breaker over us because of this if it comes down to who wins the regular season BE title.
Well luckily it's not mathematically impossible for a 17 game PC schedule and 19 game UConn schedule to end up in a tie

CL82

Reaction Score
Is this a change? There was a thread on Marquette not being able to reschedule a game and the argument was the week was Sunday to Saturday
No, I’m sure I just got it wrong. But I do think that we would be able to play PC on February 3 with a little finagling of what counts as a week

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was thinking less about the amount of the salary and more about how connected they are to the community. I really can’t see him leaving. It’s not like moving to Syracuse is a lifestyle upgrade.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Well luckily it's not mathematically impossible for a 17 game PC schedule and 19 game UConn schedule to end up in a tie
That’s a good point since PC has other games also being missed and will be using winning % as the determining factor.

But my point still stands if we finish 1 loss behind (for example: PC 15-2, UConn 16-3) and have the title come down to winning % rather than record. When we didn’t have a chance to repay the favor in Providence.

Either way, until we pass PC in the standings I’m going to be salty about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom