Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m not sure anyone is pumping their chest. I think the point is a program who’s fans are saying not to count them out because even though you won’t know any of their players, every year they have a shot at players in the transfer portal, like literally every other team in D1 does, is not one that should be dominating our focus. I’m with you, buddy, the inability to reschedule this game is too bad, but should be far down the list of things that our important to us.

Reaction Score
This is my point. You guys are longing for glory days of being able to once in a while pull off a surprise BE title. We’re not shooting for the same things. We’re chasing what Nova has been doing. If Hurley duplicated the best three year stretch Cooley has had over the next three years, he would be on the hot seat and the fan base would be up in arms. The expectations our fanbase has for our program can’t be achieved with stacking three stars.
I get the expectation thing, but you saying PC will not be good next yr and yrs to come base on lineups and recruiting..... seriously

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Blame the Big East is to blame. Just wondering why they couldn't reschedule and what does PC have on Val Ackerman

Reaction Score
We only take orders for championship t-shirts…something PC fans wouldn’t know anything about!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The Big East should do what the WCC did last year and determine the standings by a combination of winning % and strength of schedule.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Be careful there is a thread on the cuse board on how they think Cooley is theirs for the taking. Lol

Ridiculous.

I mean you guys will always be our our poor redheaded step brother, sorry not sorry, but you have a very nice squad this year. And Cooley always has been a wonderful and eminently likable coach. Let’s bond ( just for the day) over laughing at syracuse fans delusion together.
Why would Cooley want a downgrade?

Reaction Score
The numbers say we’re much better than you. You guys may be the worse 17-2 team I’ve ever seen. I have not watched one game of PC’s where I walked away the slightest bit impressed. You’ll be exposed. I’m confident in that take

Reaction Score
Why do people on the BY always get worked up about Providence? I've never understood that. They're a nice team. Cooley does a good job. Why all the rancor?
Anyway - Hockey East last year did standings differently where it wasn't just winning percentage but your victories were also weighted (is weighted the right word?). UConn had to play a tougher schedule than others so the HE standings accounted for that and lifted them up to 4th place in the regular season (just ahead of Providence ironically).
I think it would behoove any conference during the covid era to run the standings that way once schools start losing games.

Reaction Score
Why do people on the BY always get worked up about Providence? I've never understood that. They're a nice team. Cooley does a good job. Why all the rancor?
Anyway - Hockey East last year did standings differently where it wasn't just winning percentage but your victories were also weighted (is weighted the right word?). UConn had to play a tougher schedule than others so the HE standings accounted for that and lifted them up to 4th place in the regular season (just ahead of Providence ironically).
I think it would behoove any conference during the covid era to run the standings that way once schools start losing games.
UConn fans don’t get “worked up” about PC. They’re annoying. Their like the little brother that won’t leave you alone.

Reaction Score
We have 1 loss with our full squad…an OT loss @ Seton Hall where they made twice as many free throws as we took. You guys just got beat @ Marquette by 34 where we won short handed. I wouldn’t brag about beating us without our best player. Take Watson off your team for a month and let’s see what your record is.

Reaction Score
What’s your Quad 1 record again? I believe it’s a losing record. Sad
We are 17 sports higher than you in the NET rankings lmfaoo.

Reaction Score
Your coach has won exactly one NCAA tournament game in his entire coaching career. Providence is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Your program is so bad you have to come
How many has our coach won?
Hurley has won twice as many in fewer years, and that will increase over time. UConn has won 2 NCAA championships and been to another Final Four while Cooley has won one tournament game since becoming a head coach in 2006.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why so much criticism for a BE team that has two great wins over Texas Tech and Wisconsin and a Northwestern team that won at Michigan State? You guys are insane.....

This is a legitimate team that has exceeded expectations by a mile. Not to mention they've won the confrence games they were supposed to win! I'm done

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom