Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen

Reaction Score
It’s hard for me seeing Cooley leave the Northeast, however if Maryland wants him my guess is he takes the job.

And I can't see an establish high major coach going to Cuse. It'll be a mid-major guy.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
So, you’re saying you don’t expect to have anybody worth mentioning?

I’ll give you guys props for way outperforming this year, and even though I don’t think you guys are actually built to win anything when it matters, you’ve definitely won games I didn’t think you would so far this year—and may continue to prove me wrong this year.

HOWEVA, you will not compete in a major basketball conference year in, year out without recruiting at a significantly better clip than it looks like you guys are going to with us back in the conference (as your own board pointed out last year). If your plan for BE dominance is to significantly outperform the players you have on paper every year…um, good luck with that. You guys would be the first. Right now, it’s looking like your recruiting is definitely behind nova, us, Xavier and creighton. With Shaka, gotta think you guys will be behind Marquette too. Then, maybe your next, depending on who butler is able to bring in.

Again, if you have anything to refute that, I’m all ears.

Reaction Score
So then why are they not forced to forfeit? This benefits PC. It should have the opposite effect. It's garbage
Since the postponement was not the team’s fault, and since the rescheduling problem was not the team’s fault, I don’t see the logic, or justice, in punishing the team.

It would benefit PC even more if they beat us in Providence. I’ll respect them enough to consider that a possibility. I’m sure their players did. And they’ve played without key players for stretches as well. I think they’ve used calling them lucky as motivation, regardless.

Tell ya what. Proof positive that veteran transfers can impact. A bunch of grad students is a lot of game experience. Bet that’s played a role along with luck.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
How can you be sure they will not be good next year? They were not supposed to be good this year. But 5 transfers later and a few guys back from last year and all of the sudden they’re legit. You never know how well Coach will do in the transfer portal again next year. It works for some schools. Ask Baylor, Texas and Providence.
Could it happen? Sure. I wouldn’t bet on it though. Providence isn’t even in the same conversation as Baylor or Texas in terms of a destination for players, high school recruits or transfers. Which highly coveted transfers did Providence get? They happen to be way outperforming with the talent they have, but banking on an under-talented team outperforming is foolish. And the Nate Watsons and AJ Reeveses are the product of a recruiting era that existed under a different Big East landscape for PC.

Reaction Score
Providence fans made comments about how we are ducking games when we went on pause on both the mens and womens side and I saw them even claim that UConn was ducking them when it was reported that the game would probably not be made up

And what? The antidote for stupid is more stupid?

Even for the Boneyard this thread is amazing, BECAUSE WE ALSO WALKED AWAY FROM GAMES BECAUSE OF COVID. How can a sane person want some teams to have to forfeit and others not based on which games the Conference reschedules and which it doesn't.

Reaction Score
Give us your stellar starting lineup / incoming recruits that will make that not the case. I’m all ears if I somehow missed something…
That is what you are basing it on. If you look up when the new BE started PC has finished in the top half of the conference. Last yr and I forget the other yr they didn't. It doesn't matter if Cooley has Dunn on the team or Kyron Cartwright (200ish recruit who led us to the BE championship and almost beat Nova in OT) that team was full of 3* players. In the end Cooley's gets the best of his players. As far as a stellar lineup, it's not about the flash for me as long as they win.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
That is what you are basing it on. If you look up when the new BE started PC has finished in the top half of the conference. Last yr and I forget the other yr they didn't. It doesn't matter if Cooley has Dunn on the team or Kyron Cartwright (200ish recruit who led us to the BE championship and almost beat Nova in OT) that team was full of 3* players. In the end Cooley's gets the best of his players. As far as a stellar lineup, it's not about the flash for me as long as they win.
This is my point. You guys are longing for glory days of being able to once in a while pull off a surprise BE title. We’re not shooting for the same things. We’re chasing what Nova has been doing. If Hurley duplicated the best three year stretch Cooley has had over the next three years, he would be on the hot seat and the fan base would be up in arms. The expectations our fanbase has for our program can’t be achieved with stacking three stars.

Reaction Score
You are something else, you know that? It sucks if we don't get a rematch, but they are a VERY good team who (if they do it) deserve to win the BigEast. Do you like our Auburn win or do you want to say that we caught them "undermanned"?

Get a grip, dude. Your schtick is tired.
They are rated first by Kenpom in the country in luck factor, and it is by a wide margin

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Yeah, except the transfer portal is a similar competition to that for HS recruits. What is giving you any indication that you will be able to compete for the most coveted transfers?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Yeah, unclear statement on my part.

My point was that back in December you were alluding to UConn using COVID as a pretext to avoid games against Xavier and Butler and trumpeting how PC was specifically playing through the COVID protocol. Fast forward and the opposite occurred: PC ends up cancelling a game against a full roster. UConn team due to COVID. That is the irony.

Reaction Score
Nope, just think your posts in this thread have been dumb. Though if Ed Cooley really told his team they're not good, just lucky that is pretty hilarious

Reaction Score
There’s a 0.1% chance of PC winning the Big East regular season…the end

Reaction Score
Do you have 22k posts on message boards for all BE teams or are you just strangely obsessed with UConn?

So strange to root for a team with one NCAA tournament win since the Clinton administration and spend so much time on a message board for a team with 4 titles in that time period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom