LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 20 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure you know what a fact is.

so you're saying the Wells report is devoid of facts? I'm citing the Wells Report.

By all means, continue to vouch for Roger Vince McMahon Goodell.

Reaction Score
Not really sure how you can have an "independent" report that exonerates the Patriots, then go ahead and punish the team anyway. But no one has ever accused the NFL of being logical.

Reaction Score
Wow. I don't even like the Pats and I think this is stupid. The NFL has lost its mind here: you can't suspend a domestic abuser 1/2 has long as a player who "more likely than not" had "general knowledge" that balls were slightly below the PSI. It's ridiculous beyond words.

Reaction Score
Not really sure how you can have an "independent" report that exonerates the Patriots, then go ahead and punish the team anyway. But no one has ever accused the NFL of being logical.

I love that Pats fans think the report exonerates them, when it doesn't at all.

Reaction Score
Stop making strawman arguments - it says neither they nor Belichick had knowledge of the offense.

Some of you Pats-hating clowns are just as insufferable in this thread as the fanboys. My god.

Reaction Score

He's referring to the part that says Belichick and Kraft had nothing to do with it.

That being said, the Patriots penalty doesn't surprise me at all. I was expecting it.

The only thing to be done now is Brady's appeal.

While I was expecting the Brady suspension (Vegas had it at 3.5 over/under) I think he is going to win the appeal easily if they go to a neutral arbitrator, which they don't have to do.

Kraft gets egg in his face after taking Goodell at his word that no one in the NFL offices saw the Ray Rice tape. Probable? ROFL!

Reaction Score
so you're saying the Wells report is devoid of facts? I'm citing the Wells Report.

By all means, continue to vouch for Roger Vince McMahon Goodell.
What??? You're not acting rational. Your hero is a liar, I get that it's a tough day for you.

Reaction Score
Stop making strawman arguments - it says neither they nor Belichick had knowledge of the offense.

Some of you Pats-hating clowns are just as insufferable in this thread as the fanboys. My god.

So the team shouldn't be punished for it's players and employees cheating? Okay.

Reaction Score
Wow. I don't even like the Pats and I think this is stupid. The NFL has lost its mind here: you can't suspend a domestic abuser 1/2 has long as a player who "more likely than not" had "general knowledge" that balls were slightly below the PSI. It's ridiculous beyond words.

I'm guessing that phrasing had more to do with legalese than anything else. I don't know why people are getting hung up on that.

Reaction Score
News is reporting Patriots indefinitely suspended the two employees named in report. Why would they suspend these two guys if they did nothing wrong?

Reaction Score
What I find most ironic in all of this as a LIFELONG Pats (yes, I watched every game from 1988-1990 when the Pats won a total of about 6 games) and UConn fan, is that the non-Pat UConn fans have no problem calling the Pats cheaters, and yet would defend Jim Calhoun to all ends of the earth as a non-cheater. What supposedly happened or didn't happen with footballs had as much to with the outcome of that game as me wearing my lucky Pats jersey. And the "crime" was just as innocent as a few extra text messages and a woeful retroactively applied APR record that has "tainted" JC's legacy just like Belichick's and Brady's will be "tainted". This is such a non-story that has been over-embellished by the media, it's sickening. I'm now beginning to think that Goodell has a simple method for handing out punishment after he was so publicly bitch-slapped for fukking up the Ray Rice suspension: the penalty is now directly proportionate to the amount of time a story gets in the media. The whole thing is a farce and I actually find great comedy in it other than all the Pat-haters coming out of the woodwork that this somehow taints their legacy....oh wait, that is in fact the funniest part of this whole drama! So have your fun non-Pat fans, but just remember that in your eyes, if you believe that the Pats really cheated and their legacy is tainted, be prepared to apply the same "logic" to the 4 time NC Huskies that everyone on this board so loves.

Reaction Score
I do not like the Patriots at all but am shocked at the severity of the penalty. I thought maybe Brady gets a game or 2 and that was it. But they hammered them

I have to believe spygate on the resume hurt the Pats here....coupled with Brady not coming clean etc.

Reaction Score
What I find most ironic in all of this as a LIFELONG Pats (yes, I watched every game from 1988-1990 when the Pats won a total of about 6 games) and UConn fan, is that the non-Pat UConn fans have no problem calling the Pats cheaters, and yet would defend Jim Calhoun to all ends of the earth as a non-cheater. What supposedly happened or didn't happen with footballs had as much to with the outcome of that game as me wearing my lucky Pats jersey. And the "crime" was just as innocent as a few extra text messages and a woeful retroactively applied APR record that has "tainted" JC's legacy just like Belichick's and Brady's will be "tainted". This is such a non-story that has been over-embellished by the media, it's sickening. I'm now beginning to think that Goodell has a simple method for handing out punishment after he was so publicly bitch-slapped for fukking up the Ray Rice suspension: the penalty is now directly proportionate to the amount of time a story gets in the media. The whole thing is a farce and I actually find great comedy in it other than all the Pat-haters coming out of the woodwork that this somehow taints their legacy....oh wait, that is in fact the funniest part of this whole drama! So have your fun non-Pat fans, but just remember that in your eyes, if you believe that the Pats really cheated and their legacy is tainted, be prepared to apply the same "logic" to the 4 time NC Huskies that everyone on this board so loves.
Sorry but it's nothing like the retroactive APR suspension. There were violations made with Nate Miles recruitment and we suffered the penalties for it. The retroactive APR is absolutely nothing like the Patriots situation and as a UConn fan you should know that. Glad you are having fun with the Patriots cheating, that's a good way to look at things.

Reaction Score
Sorry but it's nothing like the retroactive APR suspension. There were violations made with Nate Miles recruitment and we suffered the penalties for it. The retroactive APR is absolutely nothing like the Patriots situation and as a UConn fan you should know that. Glad you are having fun with the Patriots cheating, that's a good way to look at things.
somehow you managed to mess the entire message of my post. if you think the Pats should be tainted, then UConn should be tainted. the "crimes" that both committed both had absolutely nothing to do with any actual game results. you, i think, are the one in denial here

Reaction Score
Newton move over. The NFL just killed the ideal gas law: PV/T = const. Is Einstein next??

Lot of punishment for a report that was structured in'probabilities'.

is

Reaction Score
somehow you managed to mess the entire message of my post. if you think the Pats should be tainted, then UConn should be tainted. the "crimes" that both committed both had absolutely nothing to do with any actual game results. you, i think, are the one in denial here
How am I in denial? All I did was point out that the retroactive APR is nothing like the Patriots situation. If people want to say Calhoun's legacy is tainted for those extra text messages that's fine, rules were broken and we were penalized for it. You can claim the Patriots have never cheated and nothing on the field was ever compromised, I disagree with you and so does the NFL.

Reaction Score
Avid Giants fan here. Hence no need to gloat. Can we get back to pizza, golf, car washes and vending machines? Even I have to admit the loss of 2 draft picks; one of which was a first is nuts. I guess it keeps The League in the news. Now discuss more positive attributes of MA........say one PG named Jalen. Yet I read......

Reaction Score
What??? You're not acting rational. Your hero is a liar, I get that it's a tough day for you.

Facts: Walt Anderson told the Wells people he used the logoed gauge at the start of the game, the same needle that gave the lower readings later.

The Wells people doubted him and wrote that instead, he used the higher gauge needle, which took the Patriots balls slightly out of range.

These are absolute facts. And the fact that you haven't even addressed this shows you know I'm right.

Reaction Score
uconngb said:

You completely ignore the fact that Brady cheated intentionally and most likely for a long period of time, then would not cooperate with the league's investigation. How (or why) you would lump the NCAA 's retroactive enforcement of the APR rule against Uconn into that is very strange.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The NFL is counting on people like you not reading the report. Which allows you to say stuff like this.

Read the report? The report says the balls were deflated and Brady likely did it. Brady said he didn't know the guy and he was texting him.

You mean read the report and conclude what Upstater concluded or I'll shout over you. I'm beginning to hope for capital punishment and I started out thinking this was a small deal.

Reaction Score
sledog said:
Newton move over. The NFL just killed the ideal gas law: PV/T = const. Is Einstein next?? Lot of punishment for a report that was structured in'probabilities'. is
No they didn't. It's called the ideal gas law for a reason. It's true under "ideal" conditions. You can only substitute the T with another temperature if ALL the other conditions are constant. Specifically here, the size of the container isn't fixed. It expands and contracts with all the other factors, giving you calculation error. Bottom line is you're not all wrong, but certainly your assertion that they are somehow breaking the laws of physics is absurd. There's plenty of wiggle room. By the way, it PV=nRT
pressure, Volume, number of moles, gas constant, and Temperature. Make sure you always use your labels. My chem prof would be pleased!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Steep penalty. Probably because of the reaction of their obnoxious fans. Keep it honest Pats or don't complain next time you're caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom