LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 19 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

If EVERYONE does it and it really isn't a crime...why didn't Brady, Belichick and the rest of the Patriots just tell the truth? Just be honorable and tell the world you deflate footballs like everyone else. But to outright lie, in front of all of America, Patriot fans and the NFL is simply deceitful.

Coverups are always worse than the crimes.

And what is the real truth? Did he knowingly deflate or not? Some Pats apologists defend Brady and say he had NOTHING to do with it. Others say it is common practice. Which is it?

Reaction Score
If EVERYONE does it and it really isn't a crime...why didn't Brady, Belichick and the rest of the Patriots just tell the truth? Just be honorable and tell the world you deflate footballs like everyone else. But to outright lie, in front of all of America, Patriot fans and the NFL is simply deceitful.

Coverups are always worse than the crimes.

And what is the real truth? Did he knowingly deflate or not? Some Pats apologists defend Brady and say he had NOTHING to do with it. Others say it is common practice. Which is it?

Common practice or not there's no way Brady/Pats would have come clean (if guilty) with the upcoming Super Bowl and risk an overly severe penalty like the suspension that is expected to be dished out this week. And obviously none of the guys on the BY know if he is really guilty or not, that is all speculation, but it shouldn't matter because the evidence does not undoubtedly prove that he is guilty. Even if you discount all of that, and more evidence comes out and he is proven guilty, per the NFL game operations manual states "if any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including but not limited to, a fine of $25,000." This whole thing has been so blown out of proportion by the media.

Reaction Score
I don't understand where the confusion comes in here.

What the Patriots did is cheating and they got caught. And now, they're more than likely going to lose their QB and potentially their coach to suspension.

You can spin yourself dizzy 8 days a week to try and make it sound otherwise....but it ain't working. They cheated and got caught.

The NFL is counting on people like you not reading the report. Which allows you to say stuff like this.

People like Peter king and Mike Florio at Nbc sports though have punched huge holes and now think the balls weren't deflated for the AFCCG.

In other words, you're not just arguing with Patriots fans but others as well.

I provided the links in this thread

Reaction Score
The NFL is counting on people like you not reading the report. Which allows you to say stuff like this.

People like Peter king and Mike Florio at Nbc sports though have punched huge holes and now think the balls weren't deflated for the AFCCG.

In other words, you're not just arguing with Patriots fans but others as well.

I provided the links in this thread

And for all the huge holes and you and your links? Tom Brady is still getting suspended for cheating.

Reaction Score
And for all the huge holes and you and your links? Tom Brady is still getting suspended for cheating.

Right, so what is your point?

We shouldn't mention that he's being suspended when the balls weren't deflated?

Reaction Score
Common practice or not there's no way Brady/Pats would have come clean (if guilty) with the upcoming Super Bowl and risk an overly severe penalty like the suspension that is expected to be dished out this week. And obviously none of the guys on the BY know if he is really guilty or not, that is all speculation, but it shouldn't matter because the evidence does not undoubtedly prove that he is guilty. Even if you discount all of that, and more evidence comes out and he is proven guilty, per the NFL game operations manual states "if any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including but not limited to, a fine of $25,000." This whole thing has been so blown out of proportion by the media.

So outrightly lie now in hopes of getting a less severe penalty later. Right. Let's see how far that strategy gets them. Right or wrong the penalty will be far worse for Patriots in the long run.

What gets me is how all Patriot defenders -- even the media -- argue both sides of the coin. They knew nothing AND everyone does it and it is overblown.

Sorry those are incompatible arguments.

Tell the 'in truth just once Belichick and Kraft. People would respect them if they did. This stains the organization and furthers the belief they can't be trusted.

Reaction Score
Some old chucklehead went to Giants games in the 1970's hence Patriots fans are bandwagoners... logic
Some guy named Fartman69 ignores the Patriots attendance statistics in the 80s and early 90s and the TV blackouts, because, well he is named Fartman69 so I think that says it all.

But hey you are agreeing with a guy who legit could not understand how to read a SOS ranking and cited youtube videos as evidence of fan attendance.

Reaction Score
Some guy named Fartman69 ignores the Patriots attendance statistics in the 80s and early 90s and the TV blackouts, because, well he is named Fartman69 so I think that says it all.

But hey you are agreeing with a guy who legit could not understand how to read a SOS ranking and cited youtube videos as evidence of fan attendance.
I'm not agreeing with anybody, I just called you out on a dumb statement. Instead of owning it you're making light of my handle (I'm sure your sense of humor makes you a riot) and bragging about going to Giants games for 100 years.... Nobody cares bruh

Reaction Score
Upstater, think of it all as a slap on the wrist. It's been well known around the league that the Patriots have had a culture of cheating since Belichick got there, now Brady has been caught and all it adds up to is a suspension for a few games and some fines. The NFL isn't taking away any Super Bowl rings and somehow when the Pats cheat and get caught it seems to fuel them to play even better. Just be happy with all the Super Bowls and memories, the cheating happened and will always be a part of their legacy but in the end who cares, those Super Bowls will always be in the record book.

Reaction Score
I'm not agreeing with anybody, I just called you out on a dumb statement. Instead of owning it you're making light of my handle (I'm sure your sense of humor makes you a riot) and bragging about going to Giants games for 100 years.... Nobody cares bruh
I said I went to Pats games in the 80s, I am a Giants fan though.

So yes I said no one cared about the Pats or went to their games until Brady, I was off by 5 years but the point does not change which you seem too obtuse to realize. It was when they got good under Parcels that their "sell out" streak started (it started for a freaking playoff game of course). Also, anyone with a brain knows the sell out streak are meaningless, all team fudge those numbers, NE, NY, everywhere.

But yes, keep ignoring the realities of "pats nation" in the 80s and early 90s (pre-winning) "bruh" and I am sure you find the name hilarious.

Reaction Score
Upstater, think of it all as a slap on the wrist. It's been well known around the league that the Patriots have had a culture of cheating since Belichick got there, now Brady has been caught and all it adds up to is a suspension for a few games and some fines. The NFL isn't taking away any Super Bowl rings and somehow when the Pats cheat and get caught it seems to fuel them to play even better. Just be happy with all the Super Bowls and memories, the cheating happened and will always be a part of their legacy but in the end who cares, those Super Bowls will always be in the record book.

I don't care that NFL fans are stupid idiots. I care that Brady isn't going to be some games in the future.

Pretty basic stuff

Reaction Score
I don't care that NFL fans are stupid idiots. I care that Brady isn't going to be some games in the future.

Pretty basic stuff
NFL fans are stupid idiots, players for all the teams outside of the Patriots are stupid idiots, other teams GM's/coaches and personnel are stupid idiots etc.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm just checking in to see if upstater has written more on this yet than Wells did. Anyone got a word count comparison?

The words count is probably close, but if we are measuring melty-ness it is upstater by a mile. I actually do respect his passion for his team, and he sticks to his guns. You have to give credit there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A note to Husky Hawk - nothing personal here - just pointing out the various defense mechanisms in use throughout the entire thread by multiple Patriot defenders.

The fact is that the standard of guilt as set by the NFL is that the violation must be deemed "more probable than not" that it occured - Which is exactly what the Wells report concluded.
I'd hate it if it was my team involved, so I get the push back - but in the eyes of the NFL - Tom is guilty.

Actually, the cheating reference came from a noted ethics professional when asked whether this was "cheating". It's a legitimate question in a sport where each team and player is encouraged to stretch the bounds of what is permissible. Denver's blocking scheme under Shanahan was disgraceful and eventually banned as it lead to too many knew injuries, but it went a long time skirting the boundary of the rules.

The Wells report did make that finding, which I view as about as legitimate as a random homeless man making that finding. The "evidence" was based on many subjective assumptions made by Wells, many of which are more probably than not false, such as the one related to the gauge used. There are assumptions about how long the balls were indoors, which have no basis in any fact. The whole thing is a ridiculous house of cards.

If I were the Patriots, I would insist that similar methods be used to test the balls at every game next year, with random gauges being used, varying times indoors, and then see what the results are. The simple truth is that the NFL has never, ever tested balls at halftime before, so drawing any conclusions, especially after the fact, based on the only time it was ever done, is ridiculous and idiotic. Do some real science, and test balls all year and see what happens to them. Make sure you used different gauges when testing starting and halftime temperature, to ensure the kind of random variability you have hear.

Reaction Score
Spin! Spin! Spiiiiiiiin!

Citing people who noted the contradictions in the report is spin now, whereas people who didn't read the report and know nothing about it are accurate.

Reaction Score
NFL fans are stupid idiots, players for all the teams outside of the Patriots are stupid idiots, other teams GM's/coaches and personnel are stupid idiots etc.

A stupid idiot is someone who is given a fact and pretends it doesn't exist.

Not one of you Patriot haters has yet given an explanation for the major flaw in the whole report.

You don't have one.

Reaction Score
A stupid idiot is someone who is given a fact and pretends it doesn't exist.

Not one of you Patriot haters has yet given an explanation for the major flaw in the whole report.

You don't have one.
Not sure you know what a fact is.

Reaction Score
Brady suspended 4 games, Pats fined $1 million and lose a first round pick in 2016 and 4th round in 2017. Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom