LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 18 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ray Rice 2 games ; pat haters get your head on straight ; most of you guys are off your rocker.

Reaction Score
Ray Rice 2 games ; pat haters get your head on straight ; most of you guys are off your rocker.

It's funny I doubt many are Pat-haters per se, or as much so as you would think. Hell I respect the way they have gone about business and won so consistently. But they have done some things that were, eh, irresponsible and they've been caught. I don't think anyone is asking for Tom Brady to be suspended for a season or for that matter even a game. At least not as much as trying to get you dopes to admit something fishy went on.

See we're not Pats-haters half as much as we are Pats "FANS" haters and as you can see by this thread, it's really easy to do!;) And it's more of a disagreement than a hate because I like too many of you for being UConn fans it's just this side of you isn't all that pretty!

Reaction Score
Belichick was cheating back then, no way! Of course he was cheating, other locker rooms have to hide everything because the guy sends moles in to steal sh_t. People didn't know Brady was cut from the same cloth that's why his lying has become a big story.

So was Coughlin and so was Parcells and so did the 49ers and so did the Broncos and so did countless others. Whether you say outright, "We cheated" as Coughlin did, or get caught doing it, it doesn't matter.

All of these don't rise to the level of serious concern anyway.

Reaction Score
The problem with denial is how "stupid" you look denying!;)

Uh, you've lost track.

Guy said no one went to Patriots games before 2001.

He was wrong. That's what he's denying. Are you jumping in on that too?

Reaction Score
It's funny I doubt many are Pat-haters per se, or as much so as you would think. Hell I respect the way they have gone about business and won so consistently. But they have done some things that were, eh, irresponsible and they've been caught. I don't think anyone is asking for Tom Brady to be suspended for a season or for that matter even a game. At least not as much as trying to get you dopes to admit something fishy went on.

See we're not Pats-haters half as much as we are Pats "FANS" haters and as you can see by this thread, it's really easy to do!;) And it's more of a disagreement than a hate because I like too many of you for being UConn fans it's just this side of you isn't all that pretty!

Read the links from Florio--never a fan of the Pats. He basically repeated what I've said in this very thread earlier.

The Wells report totally twisted things to make the balls look like they were tampered with.

The stuff that was done to Walt Anderson's testimony is unbelievably bad. Even Florio can't believe it. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I could care less about the Pats fans and how many they have or had that is not my point. I will say that much like the Red Sox, their "Nation" (lol) has also grown immensely since winning and the following more consistent shall I say. But hey, that's anywhere really isn't it? It happened to UConn in 89-90 and thereafter.

I'm talking Belechick, Brady, Papi - the denial is hilarious amongst the fans. They played with the rules, got caught red handed and there's still those out there trying to tell us otherwise. Just say "yeah whatever, happened but we have a ring" and move on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm talking Belechick, Brady, Papi - the denial is hilarious amongst the fans. They played with the rules, got caught red handed and there's still those out there trying to tell us otherwise. Just say "yeah whatever, happened but we have a ring" and move on.

See, this is the crap that pisses me off. When an OL holds on every play (they do), is it cheating? It's against the rules. Corners holding their "bump" just past five yards. Every team running illegal pick plays hoping they won't be called. How about the basketball players trying to stretch hand check rules as far as they can? How about flopping to draw a charge? Soccer flopping and wailing to draw a penalty? Cheating?

All the teams in the league videotaped games. The Pats were singled out for it. All the QBs in the league communicate their preferences about the balls to the staff. Every. Single. One. Only Brady is called to the carpet for it. Nobody was caught red handed, because there still isn't any decent evidence that anything happened. The Wells report is a joke. Brady is guilty of the same thing every QB is guilty of, telling the equipment guys how he likes the balls and encouraging them to get as close to it as possible. By inflating them to exactly 12.5 and hoping they then drop. Rodgers admits he has them over-inflated and hopes the refs don't let air out.

Reaction Score
I could care less about the Pats fans and how many they have or had that is not my point. I will say that much like the Red Sox, their "Nation" (lol) has also grown immensely since winning and the following more consistent shall I say. But hey, that's anywhere really isn't it? It happened to UConn in 89-90 and thereafter.

Im not commenting on anyone but Brady. The Wells report makes it clear he was not caught redhanded.

The ref even told them he is pretty sure he used a certain gauge. He repeated this multiple times. When they asked for 100% certainty, after being questioned on this over and over, he allowed that it is possible he forgot which one he used. They then buried this in a footnote while they concluded that he actually used the higher gauge, but that he just didn't know it.

There are multiple people saying this now. Including Peter King this morning.

It has taken a weekend to digest the report, but a lot of people are noting how the Wells people deliberately twisted information.

Reaction Score
Im not commenting on anyone but Brady. The Wells report makes it clear he was not caught redhanded.

The ref even told them he is pretty sure he used a certain gauge. He repeated this multiple times. When they asked for 100% certainty, after being questioned on this over and over, he allowed that it is possible he forgot which one he used. They then buried this in a footnote while they concluded that he actually used the higher gauge, but that he just didn't know it.

There are multiple people saying this now. Including Peter King this morning.

It has taken a weekend to digest the report, but a lot of people are noting how the Wells people deliberately twisted information.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
See, this is the crap that pisses me off. When an OL holds on every play (they do), is it cheating? It's against the rules. Corners holding their "bump" just past five yards. Every team running illegal pick plays hoping they won't be called. How about the basketball players trying to stretch hand check rules as far as they can? How about flopping to draw a charge? Soccer flopping and wailing to draw a penalty? Cheating?

All the teams in the league videotaped games. The Pats were singled out for it. All the QBs in the league communicate their preferences about the balls to the staff. Every. Single. One. Only Brady is called to the carpet for it. Nobody was caught red handed, because there still isn't any decent evidence that anything happened. The Wells report is a joke. Brady is guilty of the same thing every QB is guilty of, telling the equipment guys how he likes the balls and encouraging them to get as close to it as possible. By inflating them to exactly 12.5 and hoping they then drop. Rodgers admits he has them over-inflated and hopes the refs don't let air out.

Funny stuff comparing OL holding, corners bumping to this. please hawk get real.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Funny stuff comparing OL holding, corners bumping to this. please hawk get real.

No kidding. Holding that isn't called has a much bigger impact on the games.

Reaction Score
No kidding. Holding that isn't called has a much bigger impact on the games.

You're being ridiculous to even try to compare the 2. Do I really need to explain? C'mon these parts of the game occur within the 60 minutes played, not the premeditated time a week prior knowing you're breaking the rules.

A guy is getting by you so you hold him but the ref misses it? yeah that's the same thing as "hey ball boy throw a needle in these until they are easier to throw and catch?

You guys are delusional!:eek:

Reaction Score
You're being ridiculous to even try to compare the 2. Do I really need to explain? C'mon these parts of the game occur within the 60 minutes played, not the premeditated time a week prior knowing you're breaking the rules.

A guy is getting by you so you hold him but the ref misses it? yeah that's the same thing as "hey ball boy throw a needle in these until they are easier to throw and catch?

If the balls had been deflated they would have been much lower.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

The question is, what is "cheating"? Is it attempting to gain an advantage through technical, but slight violations of the rules? If so, then every team cheats on every single play. While there is no clear evidence that the Patriots violated any rule, the most that is even being alleged is that there was an effort to gain an advantage through a technical, but slight, violation of the rules. It was not "cheating" any more than it is cheating when Green Bay overinflates the balls or when any number of things occur on the field on every play.

And since no other team has ever been subject to such an investigation, it's impossible to know whether your precious Eli Manning was having balls deflated. That's what is annoying here most of all. The Colts asked for this, yet the players and refs in the game said they had no indication that the balls were underinflated. Including the interception ball. The Colts almost certainly deflated it while they had it, since the player said it was not deflated when he caught it. Let's see those emails? That might actually reveal some improper conduct.

Reaction Score
I don't understand where the confusion comes in here.

What the Patriots did is cheating and they got caught. And now, they're more than likely going to lose their QB and potentially their coach to suspension.

You can spin yourself dizzy 8 days a week to try and make it sound otherwise....but it ain't working. They cheated and got caught.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
The question is, what is "cheating"? (This appears to be a tangent of the classic Bill Clinton defense of "the definition of "is" is")Is it attempting to gain an advantage through technical, but slight violations of the rules? (minimalization?) If so, then every team cheats on every single play.(ahhh - the classic, everyone else does it defense) While there is no clear evidence that the Patriots violated any rule, the most that is even being alleged is that there was an effort to gain an advantage through a technical, but slight, violation of the rules. It was not "cheating" any more than it is cheating when Green Bay overinflates the balls or when any number of things occur on the field on every play. (Ignoring the fact that balls were checked out as ok by the refs - then altered afterwards)

And since no other team has ever been subject to such an investigation, (again a variation of the "everyone else must be doing it defense") it's impossible to know whether your precious Eli Manning was having balls deflated. That's what is annoying here most of all. The Colts asked for this, yet the players and refs in the game said they had no indication that the balls were underinflated. Including the interception ball. The Colts almost certainly deflated it while they had it (Wait? - What? Is this a case of deflection?) , since the player said it was not deflated when he caught it. Let's see those emails? That might actually reveal some improper conduct.

A note to Husky Hawk - nothing personal here - just pointing out the various defense mechanisms in use throughout the entire thread by multiple Patriot defenders.

The fact is that the standard of guilt as set by the NFL is that the violation must be deemed "more probable than not" that it occured - Which is exactly what the Wells report concluded.
I'd hate it if it was my team involved, so I get the push back - but in the eyes of the NFL - Tom is guilty.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

What the Patriots did is cheating and they got caught. And now, they're more than likely going to lose their QB and potentially their coach to suspension.

You can spin yourself dizzy 8 days a week to try and make it sound otherwise....but it ain't working. They cheated and got caught.

I knew my thread title was on point when I created it. I just wasn't sure exactly how easily it would be proven. I had my suspicions though. The length of this thread and the invective therein is the easiest slam dunk proof in history.

So lets just restate the thread title:

"LOL Pats fans - it never ends"

Reaction Score

The thread title is perfect for this group, the "fans" on here are a microcosm of what I live with everyday in Boston. Just plain stupid and crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom