LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 16 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
According to Exponent, the environmental conditions with the most significant impact on the halftime measurements were the temperature in the Officials Locker Room when the game balls were tested prior to the game and at halftime, the temperature on the field during the first half of the game, the amount of time elapsed between when the game balls were brought back to the Officials Locker Room at halftime and when they were tested, and whether the game balls were wet or dry when they were tested. Within the range of conditions most likely to have occurred on game day, and, where possible, setting the experimental parameters to levels that would maximize the possibility of replicating the Patriots halftime measurements, Exponent concluded that the Colts halftime measurements were explainable by physical and environmental factors alone, but that the experiments and simulations failed to explain the halftime measurements recorded for the Patriots game balls
You just pick and choose what you want.

Exponent is a hired gun. Anyone can pay someone to espouse what it is that they want to show.

This is the same firm that denied second hand smoke causes cancer. Their research has been heavily criticized time and again.

A February 2010 article in the Los Angeles Times, which was brought to my attention on Twitter by Rich Hill of Pats Pulpit, alleges that Exponent is a “hired gun” called upon by major corporations to “weather messy disputes.”

The article also states that Exponent’s scientific standards are right to be criticized.

“But Exponent’s research has come under fire from critics, including engineers, attorneys and academics who say the company tends to deliver to clients the reports they need to mount a public defense.”

Reaction Score
I believe the funniest thing is your fans ability to find the articles that agree with your inability to cope with the truth. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Exponent is a hired gun. Anyone can pay someone to espouse what it is that they want to show.

This is the same firm that denied second hand smoke causes cancer. Their research has been heavily criticized time and again.

So according to you, the NFL hired someone to frame one of their most popular teams and players as cheaters, just after that team won the Superbowl. They did this, at the same time as the league is getting killed with stories of spousal abuse, child abuse, DUI's, ...

Upstater is on here discussing the data like he is a scientist and now this.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Where's your source?

This is mine: https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.c...-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh1.pdf

Your numbers are wrong. Ideal Gas law doesn't predict a drop of .66. It predicts a drop of 1.12. Read page 58.

The fall is from 12.5 PSI to a low range of 11.32

I also addressed why Exponent thinks the two different measurements of the sets of balls are nearly impossible. It states:

And this...

No surprise there at all.

That the Patriots balls DID fall as predicted while the Colts balls DIDN'T can't be explained except by another factor.

I have been saying this all along.

These idiots were looking for a result and used the Colts balls as control.

They even write here on page 58 that the Ideal Gas Law predicts the fall of 1.12.

And yet the Colts balls didn't drop????!!?

They didn't even take into account the wet weather.
What about the texts? Or was it a drop in temp where phone users could not hit correct keys on phones. What page is that on?

Reaction Score
So what are you saying? The Patriots oline isn't good? You can try and circumvent all the numbers if you want, they still exist.

The OLine, at least 4 of the starters that year, were scrapheap guys. They might have been the best OL in the league according to your numbers. But they were scrapheap guys, and the ones that left never did anything anywhere else.

Reaction Score
You realize that goes back 15 years, right ? There are plenty of fans of the team you can say that about, that could be in college now, that were barely born before their run of excellence began.
Are 90% of their fans in college?

Not a worse fan base in the NFL than the Pats. Such phonys, but hey they take after their QB, and will be gone after their QB retires.

Reaction Score
Wow! Belichick must suck at getting talent! The whole team sucks!

90% of the top draft picks are expended on defense.

McCourty, Logan Ryan, Tavon Wilson, Jordan Richards, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung, Brandon Meriweather, Dom Easley, Jamie Collins, Malcolm Brown, Donte Hightower, Chandler Jones, Ras-I Dowling, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes, Ron Brace, Jerod Mayo, Terence Wheatley.

When you look at this Patriots team, it has two guys in those top 2 rounds, Nate Solder and Gronkowski, and everyone else is FA, UDFA, or even low rounder like Edelman, a 7th. Meanwhile, you have 14 Patriots on D taken in the first 2.

Reaction Score
How long do you think it takes to take the pressure of a football?

I posted a link to the physicist who thinks it happens gradually. Read the link above.

At the end of the day, you and I will never agree on the deflation drop. All I'm saying is that it was within range. And it was.

If you really want to look at some craziness in the report, the Patriots intercepted ball was tested 3 times on the field. NOT INSIDE. It tested 11.75, 11.45 and 11.35.

That's quite a bit of variance. With only one gauge. The scientists tried to remove the gauge question from the equation by saying that only a tiny bit of air was let out of the ball each reinsertion of the gauge, not enough really to measure. And yet we see huge variance in the ball tested outside in the cold weather, and variance in the balls tested inside by the two referees.

And yet here we are starting with a baseline of 12.50 each and every time for the Patriots balls.

Does it seem odd to you that the gauges are so wide apart, even on a single ball, and yet we have absolute baselines?

Reaction Score
What about the texts? Or was it a drop in temp where phone users could not hit correct keys on phones. What page is that on?

Asked. Answered. Texts are as relevant as Rodgers' admission he had the ball overinflated after refs deflated them.

Reaction Score
Are 90% of their fans in college?

Not a worse fan base in the NFL than the Pats. Such phonys, but hey they take after their QB, and will be gone after their QB retires.

This is one of the dumbest posts ever. Patriots fans went through Holovak, Fairbanks, Erhardt and Rust. Diehard fans. Years of losing. Weve been through it all. We don't give up like Fireman Ed and the NY Twerps.

Reaction Score
I posted a link to the physicist who thinks it happens gradually. Read the link above.

At the end of the day, you and I will never agree on the deflation drop. All I'm saying is that it was within range. And it was.

If you really want to look at some craziness in the report, the Patriots intercepted ball was tested 3 times on the field. NOT INSIDE. It tested 11.75, 11.45 and 11.35.

That's quite a bit of variance. With only one gauge. The scientists tried to remove the gauge question from the equation by saying that only a tiny bit of air was let out of the ball each reinsertion of the gauge, not enough really to measure. And yet we see huge variance in the ball tested outside in the cold weather, and variance in the balls tested inside by the two referees.

And yet here we are starting with a baseline of 12.50 each and every time for the Patriots balls.

Does it seem odd to you that the gauges are so wide apart, even on a single ball, and yet we have absolute baselines?

You really need to stop the science portion and look at technology up. Maybe answer the text question? I mean whether or not they were whatever they were relative to weight or less, he asked them to cheat for him right? The rest means very little quite honestly.

Reaction Score
Asked. Answered. Texts are as relevant as Rodgers' admission he had the ball overinflated after refs deflated them.

That's BS unless of course you are a Pats fan who ignores the obvious I guess.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This is one of the dumbest posts ever. Patriots fans went through Holovak, Fairbanks, Erhardt and Rust. Diehard fans. Years of losing. Weve been through it all. We don't give up like Fireman Ed and the NY Twerps.

Not ALL Pats fans there are many "newbies" many in Mass here who admit they went back after the started winning. Jerry is more accurate that you from what I see and hear up here.

Reaction Score
So according to you, the NFL hired someone to frame one of their most popular teams and players as cheaters, just after that team won the Superbowl. They did this, at the same time as the league is getting killed with stories of spousal abuse, child abuse, DUI's, ...

Upstater is on here discussing the data like he is a scientist and now this.

I have no qualms with Exponent's data. None at all. Quite the opposite, I have been using it. I have a problem with Wells taking the extreme unlikelihood that the Colts and Patriots balls can have those readings as evidence the Patriots balls were tampered with.

And for the life of me I can't understand why you think it is difficult to read about how air is supposed to drop in a football with temperature changes. It's not that difficult. You don't have to be a scientist.

This is like certain politicians who say idiotic things like, "I'm not a scientist. [Therefore I'll continue doing my stupid stuff].

Reaction Score
That's BS unless of course you are a Pats fan who ignores the obvious I guess.:rolleyes:

So, an admission isn't as relevant as texts? Or being caught redhanded doing it as others have?

Reaction Score
You really need to stop the science portion and look at technology up. Maybe answer the text question? I mean whether or not they were whatever they were relative to weight or less, he asked them to cheat for him right? The rest means very little quite honestly.

Tyhat can be inferred, but there's nothing to say he asked them to cheat or that they cheated, since the talk earlier is of Brady getting angry at them for allowing 16 PSI balls past the refs.

But how is that different from someone literally telling people that he had balls overinflated?

Again, as with Spygate, the Patriots are in trouble for getting caught doing something other teams did. But in this case, the AFCCG numbers dont show anything.

Look at the damn ball that triggered all this: 11.75, 11.45, 11.35. That's evidence of something?

Reaction Score
Not ALL Pats fans there are many "newbies" many in Mass here who admit they went back after the started winning. Jerry is more accurate that you from what I see and hear up here.

I go to games all the time. Half the fans are my age or older, or half are younger.

I mean, if you were 15 in 2000 when the winning started, you are 30 now. So what in the world do you want?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So one Pats defender says Exponent is a hired gun and the other says he is using their data.

Wow! I'm still amazed that this era of excellence has progressed when everybody on offense is below average other than Brady. Surprised they didn't use Tom Terrific on defense too. Can't think of another dynasty where the proponents insist on denigrating the rest of their offense to further elevate their star. Talk about fan-boys.

Reaction Score
So one Pats defender says Exponent is a hired gun and the other says he is using their data.

Wow! I'm still amazed that this era of excellence has progressed when everybody on offense is below average other than Brady. Surprised they didn't use Tom Terrific on defense too. Can't think of another dynasty where the proponents insist on denigrating the rest of their offense to further elevate their star. Talk about fan-boys.

Wow, stunning to see you can't hold two ideas in mind at the same time. They are both a hired gun and have useful data. I have no problem with their report. If you ask me about their absolute certitude that smoking tar does not cause cancer, I'd say they are probably wrong about that.

Reaction Score
If you try to slot this on a list of cheating offenses it can be difficult. Some might say that this is not much worse than a pitcher scuffing or loading up a baseball, but one pitcher on an MLB team doesn't have a quarterback's influence on his team's outcome the way Brady does. He could have just admitted it but they never do, do they? When asked if he cheated his response was "I don't think so", not " no of course I didn't cheat". That says a whole lot right there. 30 hours after the report was released Brady said he hadn't time to read it, right. A 200 + page report is released accusing you of something, and you're too busy to take a glance? He gets to keep it and maybe he doesn't care but Tommy Touchdown just lost the shine on his Super Bowl ring and his character.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mau, just the opposite. To the extent that balls did exactly what they were supposed to do given the weather conditions the rest is all noise.

I'm surprised that the Pats have been so passive. I suspect an agreement has been reached regarding any prospective sanction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom