LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 15 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They didn't even take into account the wet weather.

According to Exponent, the environmental conditions with the most significant impact on the halftime measurements were the temperature in the Officials Locker Room when the game balls were tested prior to the game and at halftime, the temperature on the field during the first half of the game, the amount of time elapsed between when the game balls were brought back to the Officials Locker Room at halftime and when they were tested, and whether the game balls were wet or dry when they were tested. Within the range of conditions most likely to have occurred on game day, and, where possible, setting the experimental parameters to levels that would maximize the possibility of replicating the Patriots halftime measurements, Exponent concluded that the Colts halftime measurements were explainable by physical and environmental factors alone, but that the experiments and simulations failed to explain the halftime measurements recorded for the Patriots game balls

You just pick and choose what you want.

Reaction Score
According to Exponent, the environmental conditions with the most significant impact on the halftime measurements were the temperature in the Officials Locker Room when the game balls were tested prior to the game and at halftime, the temperature on the field during the first half of the game, the amount of time elapsed between when the game balls were brought back to the Officials Locker Room at halftime and when they were tested, and whether the game balls were wet or dry when they were tested. Within the range of conditions most likely to have occurred on game day, and, where possible, setting the experimental parameters to levels that would maximize the possibility of replicating the Patriots halftime measurements, Exponent concluded that the Colts halftime measurements were explainable by physical and environmental factors alone, but that the experiments and simulations failed to explain the halftime measurements recorded for the Patriots game balls

You just pick and choose what you want.

But except for that, I'm right?

By the way, I only thought that about the wet balls because of this guy: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-deflategate-scientist-050715

"The glaring omission is how they handled the wet football," said Syphers, who has taught physics at Bowdoin for 28 years. "There's a point in the report where they look at what the effect would be in bringing a football from 48 degrees to 70 degrees and the effect that would have if it were dry and if it were a wet football. One of the things that their data doesn't show is it shows no evaporative cooling —€” cooling due to the evaporation of the water. And that is counter to what my experiments showed."

Reaction Score
And no....

The backs were so good, in fact, Ridley, Vereen and Green-Ellis, that they arent even around any more.

Haha, are you denying what you said? And all of those guys are better than Alex Green.

Reaction Score
Haha, are you denying what you said? And all of those guys are better than Alex Green.

Never said it was because of better backs. I wrote they scored 19 more rushing TDs, a much better offense. And 4 of those TDs were by Brady (rushing).

Reaction Score
Never said it was because of better backs. I wrote they scored 19 more rushing TDs, a much better offense. And 4 of those TDs were by Brady (rushing).

You do know that there is much more that goes into an offense than the quarterback, right? Are you a proponent of the win statistic in baseball?

Reaction Score
You do know that there is much more that goes into an offense than the quarterback, right? Are you a proponent of the win statistic in baseball?

Yes, for most teams. I also noticed in the last 15 years Brady has had a slew of WRs that did nothing anywhere else, a bunch of no name RBs who didn't do much of anything anywhere else (other than Corey Dillon), and a bunch of OL who were UDFA and worse, never played college football, and somehow he was the QB in 6 Super Bowls. If you don't think the Patriots O is 99% Brady, I'd ask if you're sniffing glue.

Reaction Score
Where's your source?

This is mine: https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.c...-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh1.pdf

Your numbers are wrong. Ideal Gas law doesn't predict a drop of .66. It predicts a drop of 1.12. Read page 58.

Basic thermodynamics, including principles such as the Ideal Gas Law, predict that the temperature and pressure inside a football will drop when it is brought from a warmer environment into a colder environment and rise when brought back into a warmer environment.

While measurements above the predicted levels can be accounted for by basic thermodynamics (because the halftime measurements were taken inside the Officials Locker Room at a temperature above the 48 degree equilibrium temperature used for the calculations, and the pressure of each ball would have risen as the balls warmed up), measurements below those levels cannot be explained by the Ideal Gas Law alone. In addition, the Ideal Gas Law fails to account for the transient nature of the halftime testing, which took place after the game balls had been moved back into the warmer Officials Locker Room but before they equilibrated with the locker room temperature.

Forgot this part of your analysis in regards to Ideal Gas Law, didn't you? The balls weren't measured on the field, but in the warmer room. The pepple who did this study took it into accout, but you had no idea they did.

Reaction Score
Yes, for most teams. I also noticed in the last 15 years Brady has had a slew of WRs that did nothing anywhere else, a bunch of no name RBs who didn't do much of anything anywhere else (other than Corey Dillon), and a bunch of OL who were UDFA and worse, never played college football, and somehow he was the QB in 6 Super Bowls. If you don't think the Patriots O is 99% Brady, I'd ask if you're sniffing glue.

Football players generally have a maximum peak performance of 3 years anyways. FO says he had a top 5 Oline that year and a top 10 running back. But by all means let's worship at the altar of Brady.

Reaction Score
lordoftheringstrilogy.jpg

Reaction Score
Upstarter probably never watched a Pats game pre Brady and Belicheck, but that is about 90% of their fan base.
You realize that goes back 15 years, right ? There are plenty of fans of the team you can say that about, that could be in college now, that were barely born before their run of excellence began.

Reaction Score
If you don't call every single Boston franchise the GOAT in their respective sport you're almost opening yourself up to debate from their fans.
Well, let's be honest. There is at least one sport where that label does not even come CLOSE to being applied to the Boston franchise. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say at least two.

Reaction Score
Football players generally have a maximum peak performance of 3 years anyways. FO says he had a top 5 Oline that year and a top 10 running back. But by all means let's worship at the altar of Brady.

He has a top Oline every year. Practically. The fact that the Oline is made up of Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Cam Fleming and a rookie 5th rounder might mean nothing to you. Granted, they have bookend top picks at the tackles, but in that particular year, Vollmer was injured the entire season, and UConn's own Daniel Thomas came out of oblivion (i.e. out of football) to do very well. And Connolly and Wendell are like a long string of UDFAs manning the interior of the Patriots line. Andruzzi, Neal (who hadn't even played football since Pop Warner), Compton, Grant Williams, Lane, Gorin, Ashworth, Hochstein, etc.

This is what Warren Sapp thought of Hochstein: "When asked by PTI co-hosts Michael Wilbon and Ton Kornheiser for his Super Bowl pick, Sapp said, “I think this defensive line of Carolina will dominate the front five of New England. I don't even think it's a fair matchup. I don't see how they're getting it done because I think Russ Hochstein started for them in the AFC Championship game and I've seen Russ Hochstein block, and he couldn't block either one of you two fellas. Russ Hochstein, trust me my friend, he couldn't block either of you two."

The sad thing is that I think Sapp was right.

Reaction Score
You can call us Patriot fans crazy and delusional but we aren't the ones equating an under inflated football with anabolic steroid use
There are also knuckleheads that want to compare it to the bounties in New Orleans as equals as well. The bias against New England is off the charts.

Reaction Score
You realize that goes back 15 years, right ? There are plenty of fans of the team you can say that about, that could be in college now, that were barely born before their run of excellence began.

Shhhh, I am a young handsome 6'5 195 pound guy.

Reaction Score
Brady most likely will be suspended for a few games next season. How is that exonerated?
I'll believe that when it actually happens. Don't hold your breath waiting.

Reaction Score
Basic thermodynamics, including principles such as the Ideal Gas Law, predict that the temperature and pressure inside a football will drop when it is brought from a warmer environment into a colder environment and rise when brought back into a warmer environment.

While measurements above the predicted levels can be accounted for by basic thermodynamics (because the halftime measurements were taken inside the Officials Locker Room at a temperature above the 48 degree equilibrium temperature used for the calculations, and the pressure of each ball would have risen as the balls warmed up), measurements below those levels cannot be explained by the Ideal Gas Law alone. In addition, the Ideal Gas Law fails to account for the transient nature of the halftime testing, which took place after the game balls had been moved back into the warmer Officials Locker Room but before they equilibrated with the locker room temperature.

Forgot this part of your analysis in regards to Ideal Gas Law, didn't you? The balls weren't measured on the field, but in the warmer room. The pepple who did this study took it into accout, but you had no idea they did.

A couple things. The gas law tests that others did, like the university professors, showed it takes 10 minutes for the balls to warm up a little.

Some of the Patriots balls could indeed have warmed up AFTER 10 minutes.

Ever wonder why they only checked 4 Colts balls?

The refs said that the 15 minutes were up and they had to get to the field. So they only tested 4.

The Colts balls were tested last!!!!!

And by the way, the Patriots balls were actually then pumped up on the field. And the same study looks at the post game measurements when the balls were pumped up on the field. Funny stuff.

Reaction Score
He has a top Oline every year. Practically. The fact that the Oline is made up of Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Cam Fleming and a rookie 5th rounder might mean nothing to you. Granted, they have bookend top picks at the tackles, but in that particular year, Vollmer was injured the entire season, and UConn's own Daniel Thomas came out of oblivion (i.e. out of football) to do very well. And Connolly and Wendell are like a long string of UDFAs manning the interior of the Patriots line. Andruzzi, Neal (who hadn't even played football since Pop Warner), Compton, Grant Williams, Lane, Gorin, Ashworth, Hochstein, etc.

This is what Warren Sapp thought of Hochstein: "When asked by PTI co-hosts Michael Wilbon and Ton Kornheiser for his Super Bowl pick, Sapp said, “I think this defensive line of Carolina will dominate the front five of New England. I don't even think it's a fair matchup. I don't see how they're getting it done because I think Russ Hochstein started for them in the AFC Championship game and I've seen Russ Hochstein block, and he couldn't block either one of you two fellas. Russ Hochstein, trust me my friend, he couldn't block either of you two."

I don't know what this means. Are you saying that it's unique that an NFL team suffered injuries for its offensive line?

Reaction Score

Wait, Brady gets all the credit for having good offensive lines? I think most people would say Brady not having to scramble for his life has contributed to his effectiveness. His name is Donald Thomas and he is a damn good offensive lineman but injuries have derailed his career.

Reaction Score
I don't know what this means. Are you saying that it's unique that an NFL team suffered injuries for its offensive line?

Injuries? Huh? These are the starters. Not injuries.

Reaction Score
Wait, Brady gets all the credit for having good offensive lines? I think most people would say Brady not having to scramble for his life has contributed to his effectiveness. His name is Donald Thomas and he is a damn good offensive lineman but injuries have derailed his career.

Thomas was such a good offensive lineman that he spent a year and a half out of football.

As for Brady, master of moving around the pocket, quick release. Allows the Patriots to get away with the cheapest OL in football. They always have a good left tackle, but in 15 years, they have expended 2 draft choices on the position. Matt Light and Solder.

Reaction Score
Injuries? Huh? These are the starters. Not injuries.

So what are you saying? The Patriots oline isn't good? You can try and circumvent all the numbers if you want, they still exist.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Wow! Belichick must suck at getting talent! The whole team sucks!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I heard 3 months.

Hope that doesn't affect their 15 year"run of excellence"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics