2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of these posters would be saying Donovan Mitchell is too short to be a shooting guard for us and Barkley is too short and fat to hold down the power forward position as a Husky.

Seriously. Even in the NBA now, but especially in college.. field the most talented team you can. Figure out the rest later.

Reaction Score
Ya'll realize we have one PF on the roster next year? Who hasn't played PF before, or any college basketball whatsoever?? We're playing a 6'6 185lb freshman at the 4 when he needs to sit currently, ya'll.

If Bruner or Nolley want a spot on this roster, you roll the carpet out. Regardless of their flaws. Ain't a time to be nitpicky about players. They'd be in the league if they didn't have weak spots. Trust the staff

You talking about Jackson? He isn't a power forward and he doesn't need to sit. He should play a lot at the 3 spot....could maybe play small ball 4 in a pinch but isn't defined as a PF as you state.

Whaley or Springs could play the 4. Polley can also play a smallish 4. Akok is obviously a 4 once he comes back (hopefully second half of the year).

Agreed with rolling out the red carpet though. Take this guy in a heartbeat and don't look back.

Reaction Score
You talking about Jackson? He isn't a power forward and he doesn't need to sit. He should play a lot at the 3 spot....could maybe play small ball 4 in a pinch but isn't defined as a PF as you state.

Whaley or Springs could play the 4. Polley can also play a smallish 4. Akok is obviously a 4 once he comes back (hopefully second half of the year).

Agreed with rolling out the red carpet though. Take this guy in a heartbeat and don't look back.
No he's talking about Springs being the only PF and said Jackson will be forced to play the 4 when Springs has to go to the bench (not that Jackson has to sit)

Reaction Score
No he's talking about Springs being the only PF and said Jackson will be forced to play the 4 when Springs has to go to the bench (not that Jackson has to sit)

Got it. Was hard to follow. Springs isn't starting at the 4 right now though anyway. Season started tomorrow, Whaley and Carlton would probably both start as they did end of last year. Not sure how Springs is more of a PF than Whaley.

We should also have Polley start of the season, and he can definitely play the 4 in Hurley's offense.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Got it. Was hard to follow. Springs isn't starting at the 4 right now though anyway. Season started tomorrow, Whaley and Carlton would probably both start as they did end of last year. Not sure how Springs is more of a PF than Whaley.

We should also have Polley start of the season, and he can definitely play the 4 in Hurley's offense.

I think jackson is a 4 in Hurley’s offense too. Especially now without vitals shooting.

Reaction Score
I think jackson is a 4 in Hurley’s offense too. Especially now without vitals shooting.

Granted I haven't seen anything but video's but there's no way you're penciling him in at a 4 this early. Too thin and at 6'5" just not big enough. Not to say they will never play real small, heck we saw it during foul trouble this year but we need more "power" at the 4 than AJ.

the Q

Reaction Score
Granted I haven't seen anything but video's but there's no way you're penciling him in at a 4 this early. Too thin and at 6'5" just not big enough. Not to say they will never play real small, heck we saw it during foul trouble this year but we need more "power" at the 4 than AJ.

we played Adams at the 4.

I thought jackson was bigger than 6-5 though...probably mixed it up with one of the 720 2020 recruits we discussed here.

still with him and Polley on the floor, you have more flexibility on offense. But playing jackson carltln and whaley sounds rough offensively

Reaction Score
Jackson will be playing the 4 a lot with the way the roster is currently constructed. Jackson's shot has improved where he's closer to average but it would be a disaster to have him at the 3 and then PF and C who can't shoot on the floor for long stretches

Reaction Score
we played Adams at the 4.

I thought jackson was bigger than 6-5 though...probably mixed it up with one of the 720 2020 recruits we discussed here.

still with him and Polley on the floor, you have more flexibility on offense. But playing jackson carltln and whaley sounds rough offensively

Jackson is the one guy in UConn history who seemingly gets smaller every time someone talks about him. He was 6'6" when we started recruiting him a year ago. I thought he was closer to 6'7" than 6'5". Either way...he definitely plays at least 6'6"/6'7" with him jumping ability and can be a small ball 4. He's more of a 4 for Hurley than a 2 IMO.

Reaction Score
Jackson is the one guy in UConn history who seemingly gets smaller every time someone talks about him. He was 6'6" when we started recruiting him a year ago. I thought he was closer to 6'7" than 6'5". Either way...he definitely plays at least 6'6"/6'7" with him jumping ability and can be a small ball 4. He's more of a 4 for Hurley than a 2 IMO.
Mau and his mausurements will have Jackson at 5'11 by the time next season starts.

Reaction Score
Are people forgetting that we played our best basketball in at least four years with Whaley and Adams splitting almost all of the PF minutes? Between those two options, Springs, Polley, Jackson, whoever we pick up on the transfer market (Nolley *fingers crossed*) and maybe a little Akok, I think we should have plenty of options at the 4 for next season.

Reaction Score
He is not a 4..not even close...he can handle and shoot.

You realize that 2020 basketball usually has 4 guys who can handle and shoot?

The days of a Ewing-Oakley-Anthony Mason front line are long gone.

Reaction Score
Mau and his mausurements will have Jackson at 5'11 by the time next season starts.

Call him whatever you want don't give a rats butt, he's not a 4 ok. Good news for you is bass liked your post, all you need to know! LOL

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ya'll realize we have one PF on the roster next year? Who hasn't played PF before, or any college basketball whatsoever?? We're playing a 6'6 185lb freshman at the 4 when he needs to sit currently, ya'll.

If Bruner or Nolley want a spot on this roster, you roll the carpet out. Regardless of their flaws. Ain't a time to be nitpicky about players. They'd be in the league if they didn't have weak spots. Trust the staff

What? Whaley is a PF. He is not a center. Springs is a PF. Polley was a PF before last year. Akok if he comes back, obviously. Plus we will likely land another big man.

Nolley is not a PF. Did people read what he said? He's a big guard/wing, just like Andre Jackson is, but with different skills.

My only question about his is defense. We need defenders at his size who can also guard smaller guys.

Reaction Score
Call him whatever you want don't give a rats butt, he's not a 4 ok. Good news for you is bass liked your post, all you need to know! LOL
I called him a 4?

Lighten up, Pangos.

the Q

Reaction Score
What? Whaley is a PF. He is not a center. Springs is a PF. Polley was a PF before last year. Akok if he comes back, obviously. Plus we will likely land another big man.

Nolley is not a PF. Did people read what he said? He's a big guard/wing, just like Andre Jackson is, but with different skills.

My only question about his is defense. We need defenders at his size who can also guard smaller guys.

you can start 2 PFs and make it work. Especially if one is a floor spacer.

The Igbanu’s will still be a problem. But for the most part you’ll live. Especially with more bodies to throw at them.

the Q

Reaction Score
You realize that 2020 basketball usually has 4 guys who can handle and shoot?

The days of a Ewing-Oakley-Anthony Mason front line are long gone.

I miss those days. Brutally physical basketball.

2020 basketball is like ballroom dancing now.

but I also understand the change and how it’s not technically accurate rule wise (minus the laughably low amount of travels and carries called)

Reaction Score

Nolley said he wants to play on the wing more, which coincidentally is how the 4 plays in Hurley's system. He'd be a 3/4 for Hurley, just like Jackson and Polley are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom