2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He’s not gonna give you much when it comes to passing, defense, & creating for others,
Hmmm. Then he’s not much of a team player, is he. Perhaps he was ‘encouraged ‘ by coaching staff to seek his fortunes elsewhere. He does have a nice stroke, but if that’s all he brings ...

Honestly I was pretty underwhelmed by his athleticism - not particularly quick or capable of changing direction, and for a 6'7" guy he seemed to only barely dunk even on open breakaways.
Hmmm again. Kind of Vance Jackson-equel? Slow feet in a perimeter player makes the D break down.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Then he’s not much of a team player, is he. Perhaps he was ‘encouraged ‘ by coaching staff to seek his fortunes elsewhere. He does have a nice stroke, but if that’s all he brings ...

Hmmm again. Kind of Vance Jackson-equel? Slow feet in a perimeter player makes the D break down.

I think the critique you reference was a little dramatic. He did average 15.5 and 5.8 in his first college season, and there are highlights showing some nice passes. I am confident that Coach Hurley can get him to mold into a very useful piece of a tournament team. I think we would be fortunate to get him or Fatts Russell for that matter.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think the critique you reference was a little dramatic. He did average 15.5 and 5.8 in his first college season, and there are highlights showing some nice passes. I am confident that Coach Hurley can get him to mold into a very useful piece of a tournament team. I think we would be fortunate to get him or Fatts Russell for that matter.
He plays a lot of iso resulting in low % mid range jumpers and doesn’t defend. He’s essentially a college version of Knicks Carmelo on tape.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Players we reference on this board are never as bad as the worst takes, and never as good as the best. Those references were dramatic, but worth thinking about I believe.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Stop It. We take Nolley without thinking twice. Hurley knows what he’s doing. And Hurley said he’s a perfect fit
We can take Nolley and another transfer because they are immediately eligible we have the flexibility with 2 spots likely to open up and things trending more towards Mac staying in 2021.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Nolley has his flaws......but he averaged 16 in the ACC as a freshman. It’s a no brainer
Would you agree that perimeter defense is a big need? Hurley was subbing Bouk and Gaffney out for defense in critical times. Cole is also known more for his offense. Adams is really the only perimeter defender we have.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ll take him. But Russell is the far better player right now.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ummmmm, I think you missed the sarcasm. All we have as a fan base is hope at this point.
Oh the sarcasm was loud and clear, without much elsewhere besides the hope you mention. Note also Ant's "really good fit" showed up to boost the McGowens thread a couple hours ago.

By pattern, there's too many spinning plates, so he's more akin to a penny stock tout. Sometimes it provides a fun spark, but ultimately the, "Hey I never said I was insider" disclaimer emerges when someone probes. It's already happened in this thread.

Reaction Score
Would you agree that perimeter defense is a big need? Hurley was subbing Bouk and Gaffney out for defense in critical times. Cole is also known more for his offense. Adams is really the only perimeter defender we have.
Bouk and Gaff were willing defenders. They tried but they were freshman and lacked strength. That's what the off season is for.

You don't know what Cole is he's been in the strength and conditioning program and has practiced under Hurley for a whole year already.

Even CV had a defensive improvement (willingness and execution) in his second year under Hurley. There's potential for all of our guards to be average to above-average defenders next year.

the Q

Reaction Score
Agreed. But Russell isn't the one transferring

does that mean “Uno Out” is a declaration for the draft?

Reaction Score
does that mean “Uno Out” is a declaration for the draft?
I'm still holding out hope it's a transfer, but the early rumors (outside of this board getting excited of course) were NBA Draft over a transfer

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm still holding out hope it's a transfer, but the early rumors (outside of this board getting excited of course) were NBA Draft over a transfer

got it. Not overly surprising.

he did take a huge leap forward this year.

Reaction Score
Oh the sarcasm was loud and clear, without much elsewhere besides the hope you mention. Note also Ant's "really good fit" showed up to boost the McGowens thread a couple hours ago.

By pattern, there's too many spinning plates, so he's more akin to a penny stock tout. Sometimes it provides a fun spark, but ultimately the, "Hey I never said I was insider" disclaimer emerges when someone probes. It's already happened in this thread.
Next step is a restraining order lmao. Paying you no attention doesn’t work. What a weirdo

Reaction Score
Players we reference on this board are never as bad as the worst takes, and never as good as the best. Those references were dramatic, but worth thinking about I believe.
I don't disagree and your case was somewhat persuasive, but if Hurley wants him there must be enough to work with in his estimation, and that's enough for me.

Reaction Score
I expect gaff and Bouk to improve in that area. Regardless I think Nolley fits a need and is really good. The positives far outweigh any trepidation you may have

Reaction Score
Ya'll realize we have one PF on the roster next year? Who hasn't played PF before, or any college basketball whatsoever?? We're playing a 6'6 185lb freshman at the 4 when he needs to sit currently, ya'll.

If Bruner or Nolley want a spot on this roster, you roll the carpet out. Regardless of their flaws. Ain't a time to be nitpicky about players. They'd be in the league if they didn't have weak spots. Trust the staff

Reaction Score
Ya'll realize we have one PF on the roster next year? Who hasn't played PF before, or any college basketball whatsoever?? We're playing a 6'6 185lb freshman at the 4 when he needs to sit currently, ya'll.

If Bruner or Nolley want a spot on this roster, you roll the carpet out. Regardless of their flaws. Ain't a time to be nitpicky about players. They'd be in the league if they didn't have weak spots. Trust the staff
Some of these posters would be saying Donovan Mitchell is too short to be a shooting guard for us and Barkley is too short and fat to hold down the power forward position as a Husky.

Reaction Score
We land Nolley, we're a top 15 team immediately. Cole + Bouknight + Nolley with Gaffney, Adams, Jackson, and Polley off the bench. Throw in Whaley, a grad transfer, Springs, and Carlton. Sweet baby Jesus, please!!
Sid Wilson also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog