2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Sucks for Virginia Tech and Mike Young after a surprisingly solid year and a good recruiting class coming in.

Yes please. Nolley reminds me a lot of Chris Clarke, a strong framed player who can play and defend literally any position in a pinch. He's the type of guy I love, great college player with no real obvious NBA projection.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What is it with every saying we need a big guard?
Adams Bouknight Jackson

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hurley said he’s looking for a big guard to replace CV

I would think that big guard needs to be a ball handler.

Reaction Score
I would think that big guard needs to be a ball handler.
Agreed I'd like another ball handler in the mix, but Nolley and Jackson can handle the ball decently well. His shooting and scoring would replace CV. He'd fit great as a fourth guard in Hurley's 4 guard offense.

One slight downside about Nolley is that I think he has a very involved father. Possible Vance Jackson type

Reaction Score
He’d have to sit out a year, no? Wouldn’t call him a CV replacement in that scenario.

We won't replace CV with one particular player. It will be different types and different people playing multiple positions. I mean if there is any way to have minutes in a game where Bouk plays the 2G with Andre somehow ready to play the 3 it's replaced. Bouk can rebound like CV maybe eventually better. Andre seems to be a good defender and can certainly finish on the break but again, we won't know until people get out there an play. I'm still more worried about Gaffney improving enough to be the guy than losing CV. Think we have multiple issues but we could easily have multiple answers also, the unknowns make it difficult to navigate through it now. Adams continued improvement is huge too he made a solid jump from freshman to soph hoping we see the same again from him and of course Gaff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We won't replace CV with one particular player. It will be different types and different people playing multiple positions. I mean if there is any way to have minutes in a game where Bouk plays the 2G with Vance somehow ready to play the 3 it's replaced. Bouk can rebound like CV maybe eventually better. Vance seems to be a good defender and can certainly finish on the break but again, we won't know until people get out there an play. I'm still more worried about Gaffney improving enough to be the guy than losing CV. Think we have multiple issues but we could easily have multiple answers also, the unknowns make it difficult to navigate through it now. Adams continued improvement is huge too he made a solid jump from freshman to soph hoping we see the same again from him and of course Gaff.
Vance Jackson is coming back?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’d love to have him. But why would he transfer to another school that uses 4 guard lineups like we do? He would definitely see time at the 4 here.

Reaction Score
UConn is the last place I would transfer to. I would only have to beat out Bouk, Jackson, Adams,
Gaffney and Polley for court time. But I remember when the NY Giants had the best linebacking corps in the NFL and then drafted Carl Banks. So, welcome aboard Mr. Nolley if you'll have us.
I think the same thing when eight 5-star guys commit to Kentucky each year, but the reality is the vast majority of talented players want to play with other talented players. It makes them better.

Basketball positioning isn't rigid like it used to be anymore. You can have numerous guys with similar skill sets on the court at a time. Nolley can play the 2 through 4, he'll coexist with Polley, Jackson, and Bouk.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think the same thing when eight 5-star guys commit to Kentucky each year, but the reality is the vast majority of talented players want to play with other talented players. It makes them better.

Basketball positioning isn't rigid like it used to be anymore. You can have numerous guys with similar skill sets on the court at a time. Nolley can play the 2 through 4, he'll coexist with Polley, Jackson, and Bouk.

yeah, if anything that gives them some serious position else basketball, especially when whaleys the c and he switch into every position now (defensively)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom