2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We won't replace CV with one particular player. It will be different types and different people playing multiple positions. I mean if there is any way to have minutes in a game where Bouk plays the 2G with Vance somehow ready to play the 3 it's replaced. Bouk can rebound like CV maybe eventually better. Vance seems to be a good defender and can certainly finish on the break but again, we won't know until people get out there an play. I'm still more worried about Gaffney improving enough to be the guy than losing CV. Think we have multiple issues but we could easily have multiple answers also, the unknowns make it difficult to navigate through it now. Adams continued improvement is huge too he made a solid jump from freshman to soph hoping we see the same again from him and of course Gaff.
Who’s Vance?

Reaction Score
Watched some tape on him. Great shooter and has good passing instinct. Average athleticism and struggles to finish around the rim. Would be good in our offense if our guards can penetrate and kick out to him. With that being said in Hurley I trust when it comes to recruiting.

Reaction Score
Watched some tape on him. Great shooter and has good passing instinct. Average athleticism and struggles to finish around the rim. Would be good in our offense if our guards can penetrate and kick out to him. With that being said in Hurley I trust when it comes to recruiting.
I'd agree with most but I would say his athleticism is actually below average. He's a great shooter, which is what we need, but his athleticism and poor finishing ability are a bit concerning. Would still take him tho for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Each player is going to have concerns coming in, at the end of the day we just want the best pieces of clay possible for us to mold, and that's what he is.

Reaction Score
Would love to have him but he has to change the way he plays. He can’t be a ball stop, iso player who needs 16 shots per game.
I think he would. One of the things that improved during UConn's streak of well played games was ball movement. I believe Hurley, like most good coaches, go nuts when the ball is being moved around and then a guy catches and holds it or dribbles it in place for 4 seconds.
I like him because he gives Hurley options if he comes. You could go with Gaffney, Cole, Bouk, him and one of the big men (more of a standard offense) or go big with Bouk at point and Jackson, Nolley, possible Polley and Whaley. They become a big and extremely athletic team. Could be fun.

Reaction Score
- Fantastic size for a perimeter-centric college 4.
- His shooting %s aren't great. But from what I'm seeing (particularly later in the season), he just needs to have coach get the hero ball out of him. The mid-range 2s should be erased from his game. But his stroke looks pretty good, and apparently through 7 games (including Clemson/Dayton/MSU), he was shooting 49% from 3. Clearly something just went wrong--maybe why he's leaving.
- That being said... A scorer is a scorer is a scorer. 16ppg in the AAC is nothing to turn up your nose at. Ever.
- Pretty good passer. Negative Ast:TO ratio, but the pieces are there--has the creativity. I suspect in a better/more modern offensive system where the ball is moving quickly on the perimeter, he will thrive. Made a few too many risky passes because the ball didn't have a natural rhythm to it. Good coach like Hurley can teach him better.
- Not sure his athleticism is elite. But it doesn't look terrible. And with Andre, Bouk and co. on the wing with him it's probably less important. We already have skinny/lanky athletes. Bringing in a bruiser would be great.
- It looks to me like he settled for a jump stop and 10ft jumper instead of getting to the rim a lot. I think that could bump up his FTA and 2pt FG% dramatically.
- He seems to dribble better with his left, but shoot with his right. Not many people are like that--kinda interesting. Passes with his right too... Could just be that defenses are forcing him left though--idk.

Edit: The shooting coach in me wants to mention that he doesn't keep his shooting hand on the middle of the ball and that can slowly be worked on too. Like how quick his shot is though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
G: Cole
G: Bouknight
G: Gaffney
G/F: Nurley
F: Whaley

Jackson, Carlton, Gilbert, Springs, Polley, Akok (RS), + 1 more....

wow.

Reaction Score
What high-profile transfer who likes winning, positive exposure, chance to improve and play with future NBA-bound talent WOULDN'T want to come to UConn now?

Team was white-hot to finish the season, stopped only by COVID-19. Moving to one of the premier conferences, great coaching staff, just about everyone has improved under the coaching staff, amazing team family environment.

It's amazing how much can change in just one year. I'm %^@$%^$#@ pumped for next season already.

Reaction Score
Just watched every highlight again because I'm bored and in quarantine

- he definitely shoots right handed but can only drive with his left. Super funky. But explains why he has such trouble at the rim--can't get to his right hand at the cup as easily. So he ends up settling for long2s. Gotta think a strong offseason with Kimani could fix that up.

- I want to see him add a counter on his drives. Maybe a spin move off that jump stop.

- his shot isn't textbook like polleys but it is FAST. Knocking down corners 3s off a bouk/rj drive and kick could be money for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom