2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, serious question, assuming we only have 1 open scholarship, you'd tell Vaughn and Martin to wait if the staff feels they have a decent shot at Nolley?
Your post described what Ollie did not what Hurley does. Hurley doesn't just take the first kid who wants to come here.

Reaction Score
Your post described what Ollie did not what Hurley does. Hurley doesn't just take the first kid who wants to come here.

If we're not willing to take Vaughn or Martin if they want to commit, then why offer?

Reaction Score
If we're not willing to take Vaughn or Martin if they want to commit, then why offer?
A lot of kids are offered that staffs don't take. I also never said they won't take Vaughn or Martin.

Reaction Score
A lot of kids are offered that staffs don't take. I also never said they won't take Vaughn or Martin.

That's exactly what I was referring to...kansashusky said Hurley and Co will not wait for a dragged out recruitment. And I said they shouldn't...If the staff has offered Nolley, Martin, and Vaughn you take whoever commits.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I was referring to...kansashusky said Hurley and Co will not wait for a dragged out recruitment. And I said they shouldn't...If the staff has offered Nolley, Martin, and Vaughn you take whoever commits.
No, you said we'll take whoever commits first and you said the reason is because we waited on 5 stars, passed on 4 stars, and ended up with 3 stars in the past.

You described the way Ollie recruits, not how Hurley recruits.

Reaction Score
No, you said we'll take whoever commits first and you said the reason is because we waited on 5 stars, passed on 4 stars, and ended up with 3 stars in the past.

You described the way Ollie recruits, not how Hurley recruits.
didnt that happen with kofi more or less? hurley waited on him, didnt get involved with others like wahab until it was too late, and wound up with springs? he didn't exactly pass on a 4* he just kinda ignored them but it had the same result.

but his main point is that he'd like hurley to take either vaughn or martin rather than hold out for nolley and possibly miss on all 3. i can't tell if you're disputing that or not, regardless of whether you disagree with his scouting characterization

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if the NCAA would grant Nolley a waiver to play either way. Like grimes and others. He’s all ready redshirted. Maybe they would have a weak moment.

Reaction Score
So what happens, school with one scholarship has offered two kids, wants one much more than the other but their second-choice kid calls and says I'm ready to commit if you still want me - does the staff contact target # 1 and say you need to commit or we're moving on, kid says thanks but no thanks and then the offer is withdrawn?

Reaction Score
didnt that happen with kofi more or less? hurley waited on him, didnt get involved with others like wahab until it was too late, and wound up with springs? he didn't exactly pass on a 4* he just kinda ignored them but it had the same result.

but his main point is that he'd like hurley to take either vaughn or martin rather than hold out for nolley and possibly miss on all 3. i can't tell if you're disputing that or not, regardless of whether you disagree with his scouting characterization
Everything pointed to Kofi coming here; Wahab and Springs are both 3 stars but really should be 4 stars. Both have high upside as college players. Javonte probably has more longterm upside than both Ollie was recruiting guys off of instagram videos when he couldn't get 5 stars.

Reaction Score
Everything pointed to Kofi coming here; Wahab and Springs are both 3 stars but really should be 4 stars. Both have high upside as college players. Javonte probably has more longterm upside than both Ollie was recruiting guys off of instagram videos when he couldn't get 5 stars.

You regret getting the top pool dunker of all time!?

Reaction Score
There’s something mildly infuriating about announcing a top 11 rather than a top 10.
It may sound strange but it's a bit of a turn-off when a kid cuts his transfer destination list to ELEVEN..
Notice Nolley's placement of UConn:rolleyes:

Now we know why it was eleven. He had to fill the space around his body on his Twitter graphic...

3-3-3-2

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Now we know why it was eleven. He had to fill the space around his body on his Twitter graphic...

3-3-3-2

This check out. Looks like it would've been twelve were it not for Nolley's left elbow knocking VTech out of the picture..

Reaction Score
I wonder if the NCAA would grant Nolley a waiver to play either way. Like grimes and others. He’s all ready redshirted. Maybe they would have a weak moment.

We are UConn (ie not a chance in hell).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Wish it was the top 5, but I'll take it.

This won't be decided for awhile, maybe not until the summer

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I can't wait for this thread to die because I keep on hoping that by some chance there might be some actual news on Landers Nolley
The headline (and body copy) you're looking for was posted two days ago. The rest is a fluid version of que sera sera.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
24 pages and he's only down to his top 11. This thread could have an impressive page total before it's all over. Kids name sounds like a law firm to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
24 pages and he's only down to his top 11. This thread could have an impressive page total before it's all over. Kids name sounds like a law firm to me.

With the potential impact players available unless there is a real confidence in him coming I just can't see them waiting for his decision. 10% chance he ever plays for UConn. Would love to see him in the uni but as you say only sown to 11?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Considering what we are all going through with Covid 24 pages on anything makes sense to me. @mauconnfan I don't follow recruiting close enough to add value but after two years it's "In Dan I Trust" for me. I think he has shown recruits the potential of playing at UConn for him. So, as much as I might like one recruit over another I'm going to trust that DH brings in the kids that he wants to play for the Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom