2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 24 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ain't nobody gonna beat the pizza thread.
Diallo one.

144 pages. At the time it was more than both the pizza and beer threads but is now a little short. It's gotta be a record for a recruiting thread.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He is a terrible match for our style of play. He’s slow and can’t hedge on screens and recover quickly. it will be interesting to see how much Javonte Brown Ferguson plays. I’m a bit surprised he came back.

I understand people are excited about the play from IW late last year. But he showed no ability to defend the true post players we faced. Vogt manhandled him and so did igbanu. He was very disruptive on D, yes, but mostly that was his great work disrupting screens and switching. For us he’s a 5 on offense and a 4 on defense. I don’t think we can or should play him as our only big except where that’s a good situational matchup.

Point being, Nolley isn’t going to want to be the “second big”. It’s a role he is transferring out of. He’s going to want to be a wing.
This is just a hunch, but I’ll bet we will see Whaley as a much better shooter next year. He is the type to work on it hard, and his foundation mechanics are pretty sound.

Reaction Score
This is just a hunch, but I’ll bet we will see Whaley as a much better shooter next year. He is the type to work on it hard, and his foundation mechanics are pretty sound.

I believe this is why hurley let him take all those mid-range shots this year. He has decent mechanics. Those reps could help him extend to the arc next year

Reaction Score
Diallo one.

144 pages. At the time it was more than both the pizza and beer threads but is now a little short. It's gotta be a record for a recruiting thread.
The pizza thread is at 175ish and keeps going, inherent advantage.

Reaction Score
LaNo.PNG

nice.

Reaction Score
everyone gunna come out of the woodwork now that sid’s spot opened up and pretend like they know something

We've been hearing for a while from multiple sources we were recruiting one more big and perimeter player. Where else did you think the room for a big was coming from? No one may have known this was coming but no one should be surprised by it either

Reaction Score
That would be the biggest Uconn team in recent memory. 7’1/6’11/6’10/6’9/6’9/6’8/6’7/6’7/6’6/6’4/6’4/6’3/6’1 SHEESH
I absolutely cannot wait for next season

Reaction Score
FYI For fun I looked back at the Boneyard thread in 2017 when we were recruiting Nolley the first time coming out of high school in the 2018 class (#67). You may remember Nolley was the recruit that announced the teams that were recruiting him in 'brackets' like the NCAA tournament, and kept cutting the list like rounds of the tourney. I thought that might jog some memories. Writing was small but I think we beat Iowa St in round 1 which I think was essentially a sweet 16.

Reaction Score
How significant is being in good shape in a recruitment that the kid seems like he’s going to drag out for months. If he liked us that much wouldn’t a commitment be more imminent?

Reaction Score
How significant is being in good shape in a recruitment that the kid seems like he’s going to drag out for months. If he liked us that much wouldn’t a commitment be more imminent?
he is milking this for all its worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22