Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 193 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I don't think there's anything to find out. He was offered a job in the NBA which is his dream, and took a weekend to think it over. I mean has no one here ever been offered a job and taken a little time to think about it especially when it involves uprooting your entire life to move 3000 miles away to the other side of the country?
For 70 million dollars? No, dear readers I have not, especially when I already had a contractual commitment in my existing job for ~50MM.

Reaction Score
My favorite part of the whole Hurley situation was reading in the Georgetown and Villanova sites from the Trilly Discord how they were going to reach out to UConn players when he left.

Now Georgetown is trying to talk Supreme Cook into returning after showing him the door two months ago.

Reaction Score
When is Cooper Flagg calling Hurley?
LOL, I don't mean to disappoint you but I believe CF is already enrolled at Duke and on campus starting summer school classes. I hope Danny is not waiting by the phone.

Reaction Score
When this started the report was 100 mil. Now its 70 and its being rederred to as a low ball offer. Its still a pile of cash, but intetesting.

Reaction Score
When this started the report was 100 mil. Now its 70 and its being rederred to as a low ball offer. Its still a pile of cash, but o.
Yea, I surprised the Lakers didn't offer him more money. Something like $90 million for six years (assuming the $70 million number is correct). I mean, what is a another $3 million per year to get the coach you want. The owners are multi billionaires and benchwarmers in the NBA make $3 million per year.

Reaction Score
His rep took a hit with a lot of people. You played it better than he did. This was one of those news stories that could make someone look foolish and Fanta played right into it.
Yeah —it did seem like Fanta was getting off on pushing Hurley to LA- especially Thursday and Friday. He seemed real excited about it. From his posts at Billy Joel to some of his podcasts. Weird. Maybe he’s just a really happy guy all the time but he deff annoyed me a bit during this process.

Reaction Score
I don't think there's anything to find out. He was offered a job in the NBA which is his dream, and took a weekend to think it over. I mean has no one here ever been offered a job and taken a little time to think about it especially when it involves uprooting your entire life to move 3000 miles away to the other side of the country?
Was he?
Did he?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is where I despise the trilly fandom. He said his sources had Hurley leaving a few days ago, then changes it as it gets closer, and then everyone says trilly is never wrong. Guys like that (and all the crystal ball guys) make a living just backtracking statements
Is Fanta really Trilly?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
For 70 million dollars? No, dear readers I have not, especially when I already had a contractual commitment in my existing job for ~50MM.
what's your point?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My favorite part of the whole Hurley situation was reading in the Georgetown and Villanova sites from the Trilly Discord how they were going to reach out to UConn players when he left.

Now Georgetown is trying to talk Supreme Cook into returning after showing him the door two months ago.
That's a shame.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
IMG_3332.jpeg

Dove

Reaction Score
Has anyone in this thread mentioned that the NY Post (Braziller) wrote the sides were talking for weeks?

Reaction Score
Is this your conspiracy theory?
No. I asked a rhetorical question about ever finding out the real story. This was my smartazz response to someone that answered - in so many words - nope nothing to find out, we already know everything because what gets reported must be true.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Has anyone in this thread mentioned that the NY Post (Braziller) wrote the sides were talking for weeks?
I think I read it in this thread over the weekend. More than likely Sunday. But I don’t remember where it came from or if it was just conjecture.

But there seemed to be a few “credible” analysts who were floating that theory.

I never saw that it was verified.

Dove

Reaction Score
I think I read it in this thread over the weekend. More than likely Sunday. But I don’t remember where it came from or if it was just conjecture.

But there seemed to be a few “credible” analysts who were floating that theory.

I never saw that it was verified.
Me, either. Perhaps we'll hear on Thursday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly
ad
ad2

Top Bottom