Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 194 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
People are so dumb.

This is the $14M a year and the Los Angeles lakers. It is Lebron and AD next year plus a Kent star.

Giannis is headed there in the future.

i said him going to Kentucky made no sense. But this is the lakers.

Showtime ,Shaq, Kobe, wilt, Kareem, and now LeBron.

Holy crap.
I cant’ believer the Laker low balled him.

That was about $3-4 million less than I was expecting. over next 9 years, he can make $70M from UConn.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Are we ever gonna find out what exactly the hell actually happened over the last 72 hrs?
IMO it is one of two things:

1) It really took Danny the weekend to think it over. That is customary with most big job offers I have been involved with. You never say yes when someone throws a pile of cash at you and you already make a pile of cash. I respect if he wanted to think it over. The weekend is a request that is always honored. At least it has been with me and I have had to hire or promote more than 100 people to Vice President or higher over the course of my career. In fact it seems to me that most have taken the weekend because I always made the offer on a Friday if I could. It was the most efficient way to get an expedient answer.

2) He really never considered it but was using the maybe to finalize his new contract. But if that were the case I would imagine more financial information about his new deal would be out there. Danny may have been a real mensch and made his requests and either got a verbal commitment as he it appears he is still working with the school to finalize the deal. I think that is what I have read. This suggests that he and the administration trust each other.

This move by Danny and just how we solicit loyalty from all who play for us at a time that loyalty is in short supply is amazing. He is on track to take this program from legendary to mythical.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I cant’ believer the Laker low balled him.

That was about $3-4 million less than I was expecting. over next 9 years, he can make $70M from UConn.
It's believable if you're under the impression that the Laker front office doesn't know what they are doing. Now that I've processed this, UConn really dodged a bullet. A big-time front office makes the moves and get their candidate once they show interest. You don't nickel and dime someone who has options. Hurley would have been a winner for them and they scared him off.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Credit to bjc42 for getting me through this with a smile for all the “likes” as a place keeping method.
For the rest of my days on the yard whenever I think of the lost Hurley weekend, I am fairly certain I will crack a grin first because he stayed and second because @bjc42 showed up and liked everyone.

You know what maybe not in that order either.

Reaction Score
WIll be sad to see this thread fade away in some ways. What a rollercoaster of emotions. Might have been the most I’ve ever refreshed something in my life. Almost 200 pages…2/3rds the length of the Pizza thread in less than a week is pretty impressive. So glad things ended well!

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
When this started the report was 100 mil. Now its 70 and its being rederred to as a low ball offer. Its still a pile of cash, but intetesting.
Those media types sure know how to get us going! It's almost like they constantly just completely make S up to mess with our emotions. If this was reported under 6/$90M out of the gates, most fans probably would have had a much more productive last 72hrs.

6yrs/$70m is not even trying, considering what and where he would be leaving. The Lakers don't come out of this looking good at all.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are we ever gonna find out what exactly the hell actually happened over the last 72 hrs?
Danny interviewed for the head coaching job for the LA Lakers, they offered him a deal that would have made him among the top top five coaches in the NBA. He turned it down return to Connecticut and Go for the three-peat.

You're welcome.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We found out that most BYers don't actually work that hard and have plenty of free time on their hands.
I thought we already knew that. But to your point this was further confirmation.

So this started on Thursday morning and finished yesterday.

I wish there was a way to calculate how much work was not completed by those of us that still work.

It is even hard for me to measure. As I did a few things but stayed away from any large projects.

I know my home front my GDP took a big hit. I was going to cut the grass and wash the cars. Today my landscaper is cutting the grass and the car wash at the gas station did the rest last night.

Pool filter is still a casualty but I may farm that one out as well.

Not to mention my two boys 10-15 are out of school and my 15 yr old ran into my office to tell me the news before I read it or saw it myself. Guess I know how Fanta must have felt all weekend.

I may staying out top of this news a priority in my life for five days and my 15 yr old son scoops me.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice how much time ESPN (and other networks) are dedicating to talking about Danny, UConn and the Lakers offer? Molly rocking a UConn hat on First Take as well. I wonder if ESPN is thinking about the Big East.

brian-windhorst.jpg

Reaction Score
Danny interviewed for the head coaching job for the LA Lakers, they offered him a deal that would have made him among the top top five coaches in the NBA. He turned it down return to Connecticut and Go for the three-peat.

You're welcome.
Wow. Where’d you hear that?

Reaction Score
this was a pissing contest between Shams and Woj

This whole saga was not a good look for Shams. Regardless of whether Hurley was the main target from the get go, it was clear he was preferred over JJ Reddick who Shams claimed was the chosen one last week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

p
Top Bottom