Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
IMG_6368.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think Dan was the Lakers to lose. He got on the plane. But it sounds like the offer came in low. I also get the feeling that he saw that he would not be entering a situation set up for him to succeed. He could absolutely be a top head coach in the NBA. He's more than just a yeller, he understands ball players and what makes them tick.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I don't want to hear any more about Hurley using this experience to bask in the limelight and stroke his ego

I never wanted to hear that.

Even if it’s true, have we seen any evidence that his work ethic or passion or recruiting has suffered? Then no one should say Jack.

If he used this last month to bask in his unbelievable turn of events the last few years, while working his butt off on his 3rd straight chip, I’m cool with that and you should be too.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Alright next rivalry match is up UConn versus Mansfield Planning and Zoning
I don't think their P+Z hears anything about UConn growth. State land. State use.

Reaction Score
I said it earlier in this thread, for a while now..it’s been Shams with the actual news and Woj with agendas.

UConn wasn’t giving Hurley what he wanted. So Hurley’s agent leaked about a team that would.

Now it’s a marketing tool for recruits “I turned down the Lakers and Kentucky for this program”
tbh they both play an agenda game, last year Shams was driving gambling activity with fake info on the day of the draft

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think Dan was the Lakers to lose. He got on the plane. But it sounds like the offer came in low. I also get the feeling that he saw that he would not be entering a situation set up for him to succeed. He could absolutely be a top head coach in the NBA. He's more than just a yeller, he understands ball players and what makes them tick.

Don't agree. Not just based on what I've read but on how this all played out.

He was interested in listening. Maybe if the Lakers totally blew him away -- with dollars and assurances -- it would have swayed him, but UConn was always the clubhouse leader.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
People are so dumb.

This is the $14M a year and the Los Angeles lakers. It is Lebron and AD next year plus a Kent star.

Giannis is headed there in the future.

i said him going to Kentucky made no sense. But this is the lakers.

Showtime ,Shaq, Kobe, wilt, Kareem, and now LeBron.

Holy crap.
Ahhh, well. Danny said goodbye to Hollywood.

Reaction Score
For real though, who were their last five coaches? I don't know anyone past Jackson.
Darvin Ham
Frank Vogle
Luke Walton
Mike Brown

I think. Not sure about the fifth….?

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I think he made the right choice. He built a great program at UConn, and should enjoy what he built for atleast a few more years before moving on. As many other people have pointed out the current coach for Knicks is 66 years old, so Hurley can enjoy his program at UConn for 4-5 years and eventually take that job when Tibs retires.

Reaction Score
Are we ever gonna find out what exactly the hell actually happened over the last 72 hrs?
I don't think there's anything to find out. He was offered a job in the NBA which is his dream, and took a weekend to think it over. I mean has no one here ever been offered a job and taken a little time to think about it especially when it involves uprooting your entire life to move 3000 miles away to the other side of the country?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

p
Top Bottom