Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 190 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Bob Sr. is an incredibly unique guy. He turned down a lot of money and opportunities in his life to keep a tiny high school with no gym afloat for many years because that was what was important to him. The things that mean so much to most people like money and vanity don't move him. Family, loyalty, and helping people become better citizens is what moves him. Danny has a lot of basketball people to lean on but it will always be his dad who he listens to and it will always be his dad's lessons that guide him.

Personal story. I was in Connecticut days before Woj broke the story. I was at Kent Falls Brewing and the bartender there sees my Knicks hat when I walk in. Turns out he's a major Knicks fan and we start talking Knicks and he really knows his stuff. I ask him, "You must be from New York?" He says, "Nah, Jersey City." So I tell him my family is from there and we start talking about Danny Hurley and he tells me he's really close with Bob Hurley Sr. to this day and is friends with the whole family. We talked a good half hour or so about everything Hurley and how Bob Sr. is built different than anyone...

I talk to my aunt on the phone the next day and tell her about the Jersey City guy I just met and she starts telling me a bunch of Bob Sr. stories and how he's built different. He moved down to Avon-by-the-Sea NJ. right by by uncle and it was just too pretentious for him so he moved next door to Belmar.
NY financial heavy hitters are there on the water. It really is pretty freaking upscale those places by the Jersey shore, but Danny sure can have one of those on the water if he wants one right now 5-10 million.
I love Jersey, my favorite Italian restaurants are there, best bagels anywhere.

Reaction Score
If they weren't already aware, this should clue them in on how undesirable their head coaching job is.
Or how desirable it is to be at the best blue blood university in college basketball.

Reaction Score
My brother texted me that he was staying before I was able to catch up on the posts.

Like being told the end of a movie or the final score of a game before finishing watching it.
What a jerk

Reaction Score
i swear i had a lot to do at work today but cant remember any of it now
Happy Season 3 GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
I looked at the last 5 pages of this epic thread, just so I could find the demarcation line between strife and jubilation. It was worth it.

Reaction Score
NY financial heavy hitters are there on the water. It really is pretty freaking upscale those places by the Jersey shore, but Danny sure can have one of those on the water if he wants one right now 5-10 million.
I love Jersey, my favorite Italian restaurants are there, best bagels anywhere.
Geno's got a house on the Jersey shore.

Reaction Score
Shams posted smokescreen draft news just last summer that manipulated the betting markets on Fanduel, who we works with as a partner. He’s wrong plenty.

They’re both hacks with ulterior motivations
I still can't believe that was legal

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
$70 million..- that's all?? thought they'd offer $15 per year...x 6 = $90 million...
Never got over the 11.5million offer - that was the max
That is medial salary for NBA coaches

Reaction Score
There are much larger threads in history, but has there ever been one that got to #4,679 in such a short period of time or is this the recordholder?
And it should be. It was the difference between possibly making generational history, or another half decade of insignificance.

Reaction Score
I'm willing to compromise -- Hurley stays, we bring in Bronny as a walk-on, and LeBron donates $20,000,000 to UConn's NIL fund.
And Bronny rides the bench? Sounds good to me.

Reaction Score
Yes, per Fanta and Simon Charles.

Time to lock this thread? I have certainly had enough of it!
Then don’t open this thread. Have faith , It will die soon of boredom as we decompress and wait until mid December for some Duke , Georgetown, or Creighton or Duke jebonees who will crap on Boneyard and want Hurley fired.

Reaction Score
Awesome story. I love that.
You really outdid yourself staying chill through this process.
And one more thing...I personally consider Kent Falls to be the most underrated brewery in the country. You got great taste
Great beer, nice people, and a great location. Unfortunately they can only do small pours now because of a difficult neighbor but it's fine with me because you get to try more things.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno's got a house on the Jersey shore.
I thought he had a place on the Connecticut shore. East Lyme maybe?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

p
Top Bottom