Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 189 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
This is where I despise the trilly fandom. He said his sources had Hurley leaving a few days ago, then changes it as it gets closer, and then everyone says trilly is never wrong. Guys like that (and all the crystal ball guys) make a living just backtracking statements
Yeah, 100% but guess who was accurate the entire time?

CZ_QSAkWAAEcqTs.jpg

Reaction Score
Bob Sr. is an incredibly unique guy. He turned down a lot of money and opportunities in his life to keep a tiny high school with no gym afloat for many years because that was what was important to him. The things that mean so much to most people like money and vanity don't move him. Family, loyalty, and helping people become better citizens is what moves him. Danny has a lot of basketball people to lean on but it will always be his dad who he listens to and it will always be his dad's lessons that guide him.

Personal story. I was in Connecticut days before Woj broke the story. I was at Kent Falls Brewing and the bartender there sees my Knicks hat when I walk in. Turns out he's a major Knicks fan and we start talking Knicks and he really knows his stuff. I ask him, "You must be from New York?" He says, "Nah, Jersey City." So I tell him my family is from there and we start talking about Danny Hurley and he tells me he's really close with Bob Hurley Sr. to this day and is friends with the whole family. We talked a good half hour or so about everything Hurley and how Bob Sr. is built different than anyone...

I talk to my aunt on the phone the next day and tell her about the Jersey City guy I just met and she starts telling me a bunch of Bob Sr. stories and how he's built different. He moved down to Avon-by-the-Sea NJ. right by by uncle and it was just too pretentious for him so he moved next door to Belmar.
Awesome story. I love that.
You really outdid yourself staying chill through this process.
And one more thing...I personally consider Kent Falls to be the most underrated brewery in the country. You got great taste

Reaction Score
Like I wrote several pages back - putting 2+2+2 together I was pretty confident he was coming back. You just can never be 100% sure.

Woj and Fanta went down a level or two in my book after all of this. One is a tool and the other a muppet.

Reaction Score
Bob Sr. is an incredibly unique guy. He turned down a lot of money and opportunities in his life to keep a tiny high school with no gym afloat for many years because that was what was important to him. The things that mean so much to most people like money and vanity don't move him. Family, loyalty, and helping people become better citizens is what moves him. Danny has a lot of basketball people to lean on but it will always be his dad who he listens to and it will always be his dad's lessons that guide him.

Personal story. I was in Connecticut days before Woj broke the story. I was at Kent Falls Brewing and the bartender there sees my Knicks hat when I walk in. Turns out he's a major Knicks fan and we start talking Knicks and he really knows his stuff. I ask him, "You must be from New York?" He says, "Nah, Jersey City." So I tell him my family is from there and we start talking about Danny Hurley and he tells me he's really close with Bob Hurley Sr. to this day and is friends with the whole family. We talked a good half hour or so about everything Hurley and how Bob Sr. is built different than anyone...

I talk to my aunt on the phone the next day and tell her about the Jersey City guy I just met and she starts telling me a bunch of Bob Sr. stories and how he's built different. He moved down to Avon-by-the-Sea NJ. right by by uncle and it was just too pretentious for him so he moved next door to Belmar.
great read - The Miracle of St. Anthony

Reaction Score
... and thank you in particular Jim Calhoun. You really did build a culture that is uniquely amazing... one so amazing that the next man up believes in what you built, and what he has built upon, is something that neither the mighty Kentucky of the SEC nor the Los Angeles Lakers with all their glitz and money could match. Truly awesome!
This.

I had a chance to talk shop with coach a few years ago, influences (Dean Smith for him, Al McGuire for me). Generous, genuine, engaged, just a real mensch. The old saying, a house is only as strong as its foundation applies. And thanks to Coach Calhoun, ours is the strongest in the country.

Surely there is no Coach Hurley - Storrs is not the basketball capital of the world - without Coach Calhoun, and Coach Auriemma. #DoublyBlessed!

Reaction Score
If they weren't already aware, this should clue them in on how undesirable their head coaching job is.
The Lakers already have a coach.
They are looking for someone to take the blame when the current coach fails, again.

Reaction Score
to be clear I fully understand how Dan played it, I'm referring to the Woj/Shams ongoing media battle

I said it earlier in this thread, for a while now..it’s been Shams with the actual news and Woj with agendas.

UConn wasn’t giving Hurley what he wanted. So Hurley’s agent leaked about a team that would.

Now it’s a marketing tool for recruits “I turned down the Lakers and Kentucky for this program”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Show me where and when you posted that. :rolleyes:
Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Proving I was doubtful is your job, not mine. But I'll help you along with this:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is where I despise the trilly fandom. He said his sources had Hurley leaving a few days ago, then changes it as it gets closer, and then everyone says trilly is never wrong. Guys like that (and all the crystal ball guys) make a living just backtracking statements
Trilly said all along he had no info on this one and wasn't gonna have a scoop before everyone else knew his decision

Reaction Score
I said it earlier in this thread, for a while now..it’s been Shams with the actual news and Woj with agendas.

UConn wasn’t giving Hurley what he wanted. So Hurley’s agent leaked about a team that would.

Now it’s a marketing tool for recruits “I turned down the Lakers and Kentucky for this program”
and uconn bball was the center of the basketball universe for a week....in the heart of the NBA finals. nutso good marketing for all involved. except the lakers.

Reaction Score

Shams posted smokescreen draft news just last summer that manipulated the betting markets on Fanduel, who we works with as a partner. He’s wrong plenty.

They’re both hacks with ulterior motivations

Reaction Score
Just think about the precedent this sets for UConn basketball and college basketball. Dan Hurley chose UConn over kentucky and the freaking lakers.

Old School Yes GIF
Question: What qualifies a university as being THE college basketball “blue blood”?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

p
Top Bottom