Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 187 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
So The Athetic reports the L.A. offer was six years @ 70MM. And with that 13.3% top marginal Cali tax rate…..sheesh. They basically offered him peanuts to run the circus.

That’s a FAR cry from nine figures, and arguably just not worth leaving purely on the financial bird-in-the hand he has presently, without any renegotiation.

This decision was easy.

Reaction Score
and all UConn Men’s Basketball got out of it was a couple of lousy championships!

the specifics of the deal are really good for the program as a whole
Is the new deal done-done?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
In a straitjacket
Last four days everyone waiting to hear from @superjohn, I believe you were in a straight jacket figuratively.

My guess you knew what was really going down and had to stay away just to make sure you did not slip up.

@bjc42 this is one of the members you were asking about last Friday.

Reaction Score
No, but close enough for government work.

And that was a really weak ass offer by the Lakers.
this whole thing was a bit TOO contrived. hurley and his agent played this one to a T. everyone comes out looking good and uconn and hurley are the center of the world in the middle of the NBA finals.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Fanta acted like a total amateur since the news broke on Thursday and for a guy who has always acted like he's all about the Big East he was giddy pushing Hurley out the door to LA. I like the guy but sheesh this was a bad look.
His rep took a hit with a lot of people. You played it better than he did. This was one of those news stories that could make someone look foolish and Fanta played right into it.

Reaction Score
Fanta acted like a total amateur since the news broke on Thursday and for a guy who has always acted like he's all about the Big East he was giddy pushing Hurley out the door to LA. I like the guy but sheesh this was a bad look.
UConn against the world bro

Reaction Score
I see Lakers fans are taking this news well:
EyY8AZQ.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member