Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 188 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I see Lakers fans are taking this news well:
EyY8AZQ.png
I mean, there were people in this thread calling the Lakers has beens when they have won multiple championships this century. There are always crazy takes in forums

Reaction Score
I’m not the only person who feels this way. Now that he is staying, I’d like to see a commitment to continuing what he started.
He’s staying, that’s your commitment

Reaction Score
I've been following along like everybody else on this thread, and despite some really weird takes I have been impressed with the ebbs and flows and interesting conversation on here throughout the last 4 1/2 days. Man, you are all some hard core Husky fans, and I love it!

There is one thing I want to say:

If you had told me when I set foot on campus at the end of August in 1986 for my first semester at the University of Connecticut that we would ever, EVER be in the position to have a 2-time defending head basketball coach turning down the University of Kentucky and then the Los Angeles freaking Lakers and a high 8-figure contract to stay at our school in little ol' Storrs, Connecticut, I would have told you to put the crack pipe down and back away real, real slow. Beyond crazy my brothers and sisters.

Thank you Dan Hurley... and thank you in particular Jim Calhoun. You really did build a culture that is uniquely amazing... one so amazing that the next man up believes in what you built, and what he has built upon, is something that neither the mighty Kentucky of the SEC nor the Los Angeles Lakers with all their glitz and money could match. Truly awesome!

(and yes, I am well aware that the current Lakers are a hollow shell compared to the Show Time Lakers... but still, they are one of the most storied franchises in all of NBA history).

Reaction Score
I mean, there were people in this thread calling the Lakers has beens when they have won multiple championships this century. There are always crazy takes in forums
You must be one of those laker fans who think this roster can compete for a title lol

Reaction Score
You must be one of those laker fans who think this roster can compete for a title lol
Nah I could care less, I'm just saying that singling out bad takes in a forum is bad mojo when we have similar if not worse takes

Reaction Score
This is where I despise the trilly fandom. He said his sources had Hurley leaving a few days ago, then changes it as it gets closer, and then everyone says trilly is never wrong. Guys like that (and all the crystal ball guys) make a living just backtracking statements

Reaction Score
Seriously, who didn't see this coming

Thank you Andrea for keeping him grounded

And thank you Bob Sr, for instilling loyalty

We have our boy
Bob Sr. is an incredibly unique guy. He turned down a lot of money and opportunities in his life to keep a tiny high school with no gym afloat for many years because that was what was important to him. The things that mean so much to most people like money and vanity don't move him. Family, loyalty, and helping people become better citizens is what moves him. Danny has a lot of basketball people to lean on but it will always be his dad who he listens to and it will always be his dad's lessons that guide him.

Personal story. I was in Connecticut days before Woj broke the story. I was at Kent Falls Brewing and the bartender there sees my Knicks hat when I walk in. Turns out he's a major Knicks fan and we start talking Knicks and he really knows his stuff. I ask him, "You must be from New York?" He says, "Nah, Jersey City." So I tell him my family is from there and we start talking about Danny Hurley and he tells me he's really close with Bob Hurley Sr. to this day and is friends with the whole family. We talked a good half hour or so about everything Hurley and how Bob Sr. is built different than anyone...

I talk to my aunt on the phone the next day and tell her about the Jersey City guy I just met and she starts telling me a bunch of Bob Sr. stories and how he's built different. He moved down to Avon-by-the-Sea NJ. right by by uncle and it was just too pretentious for him so he moved next door to Belmar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

Top Bottom